HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Jun 2012
31 Posts
some 911 bashing

Hey guys here is a video of me bashing my v911 around out the front of my house in slight wind, the heli is out of frame quite often but just recorded with my iphone 4s and not exactly wide angle

normally i would fly behind the tree and back but was afraid of hurting a friends nice red car.

V911 OUTDOORS (2 min 50 sec)
leoski is offline Find More Posts by leoski
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2012, 09:01 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Got my second V911 (black & orange) as a BNF from banggood yesterday. Only took 2 weeks to get to the US. I love the little foam "coffin" that they ship it in. The thing was practically waterproof with all of the tape and shipping labels that they put on it.

Did the skid mod so I could use my Nanotechs in it and it's good to go! Flying backwards figure-8s in my studio is such a blast with this little thing.
RoboHeli is online now Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 10:22 AM
Italy, Lazio, Rome
Joined Jun 2012
437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Got my second V911 (black & orange) as a BNF from banggood yesterday. Only took 2 weeks to get to the US. I love the little foam "coffin" that they ship it in. The thing was practically waterproof with all of the tape and shipping labels that they put on it.

Did the skid mod so I could use my Nanotechs in it and it's good to go! Flying backwards figure-8s in my studio is such a blast with this little thing.
Is the bnf from banggood the last revision of the v911? Landing skid with screw?
ercapoccia is online now Find More Posts by ercapoccia
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:04 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
E,
The dual orange/black set I just received from Aliexpress have the screw and fly very well. It only took about 1/2 to 1 turn on the steering buckles and about a 1/4 turn to tighten the flybar to eliminate a minor TBE on one to trim them both the same neutral trim on the v911 Tx. Fun little helis
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
Is the bnf from banggood the last revision of the v911? Landing skid with screw?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Jul 16, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:05 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,586 Posts
Quote:
Flying backwards figure-8s in my studio is such a blast with this little thing.
Forward and reverse funnels, next.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:07 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
The swashplate is at a fixed distance from the flybar pivot and can not on average move up or down on the main shaft. The links going up work opposite, one link moves up and the other side moves down, net zero swashplate movement on the shaft.

If the swashplate is moving up or down, then the main shaft is moving up or down. The main gear is moving up and down. Look for plastic burrs on the top of the maingear and possible white lines on the mainframe where the white burrs would be scraping the mainframe.
In rt aileron the main shaft moves 1/16" on one heli and 3/32 (guessing/about) on another. If I lift the shaft to remove these distances the swash will not move up the shaft and works in a 'fixed' position as it is supposed to. If I put a longer spring under the swash it works in a 'fixed' position as it is supposed to but then the flybar is not free. Doesn't the collar keep the shaft from falling? You mentioned removing the screw on the collar but.....

What is the best way to remove the play in the shaft? Or should there be 'some play'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Bvc, a while back you posted about heatshrink tubing on the pushrods where they enter the servo arms. Is that still the case? It was not clear what you did. Could be binding
I'm sorry, I forgot to mention I removed those too.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:11 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ercapoccia View Post
Yes. (Thankfully!!!)

As an aside, I got my original set of helis and parts from MyRCMart. I asked them (MyRCMart) about that very issue when they released the "v2" version of the skids (e.g. the one with the screw). They said that the "v1" version sold out VERY quickly. I'm guessing that the "v1" version (the "Corter"?) has moved out of everyone's stock by now. Just guessing though.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:14 AM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomflight View Post
I'm encountering same issue, which I believe is the flybar being already spinning in the angled angle which made the flybar auto correct with respect to the angle.
Thus it will have constant row even after the turn.
Yes. I get a lot of flybar strikes in hard left bank turns and hard left bank turns is when this happens to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomflight View Post
I always had trouble levelling the heli after doing a long wide banked turn.

I believe this is due the flybar already spinning tangent to the heli @ banked angle, and not spinning parallel to the ground.

Thus, the angled spinning flybar would stabilise the heli wrt to the banked angle.

If there's no stick input after the long wide turn, it would just fly sideway to the direction of the turn.

Is this phenomenal common to 45 degree flybar? Or the above is just user problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublock View Post
Ive had the same trouble too. this only happens when u give rudder input to one direction i believe. im not sure which, but whenever u do a banked turn with the rudder turning in the same torque direction of the main rotor (tail motor applies minimal counter acting force), this happens. Mine was all good when i gave rudder counter acting to the main motor torque.

Is this a common problem with tail motor mounted heli's? or this is just typical for all helis?
Makes me wonder about the gyro.
...and us users

Are both of you using the stock flybar? I wonder if using a different flybar would help?
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:24 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
How much?

Quote:

eugeniorusley is offline Find More Posts by eugeniorusley
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:30 PM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugeniorusley View Post
How much?
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Re...)-p-39473.html
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post

...snip ...

Are both of you using the stock flybar? I wonder if using a different flybar would help?
Using a different flybar definitely helps ... well, at least it did for me (quite substantially), but as usual in this "business" YMMV ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
thank ashtodust2000
eugeniorusley is offline Find More Posts by eugeniorusley
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:18 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvc View Post
Doesn't the collar keep the shaft from falling? You mentioned removing the screw on the collar but.....

What is the best way to remove the play in the shaft? Or should there be 'some play'?
Removing the screw from the ring collar does let the shaft drop. I am slowly removing the screw from all my V911's as I like having the main gear drop on clean cutting pinion teeth. Also 0.03g less weight (too small to make a difference) and now I have extra screws.

Ideally there should be no up/down play of the main shaft, though it doesn't matter once the blades generate lift.

I nearly always bank nose-left to circle around, but I make sure to have forward speed first, full left aileron (in low rates), slight left rudder. V911 does end up nose down and minor dive during turn to pick up speed. Flybar strikes if not done correctly.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Jul 14, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugeniorusley View Post
How much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtodust2000 View Post

Ya. What he said.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I have 24 helis......too many, LOL.

I like the yellow one best...flys better.

I took the blue/white one outside this evening and had a blast....after flying my msrx this was alot more relaxing....no crashes and had all the neighbors watching.
24 Heli's... is that a World Record?

I'd like to see a photo or video of your fleet. Jake. Actually, I think we should all share a photo of our fleets. My photo is found on my blog including a black, repainted, and red V911 and have a blue V911 and a V929 coming... SOMEDAY.

As someone who flies in close quarters, may I suggest pointing the camera towards the longer end of the room giving you greater coverage.

Buying a cheap table top tripod from EBay and mounting only the screw attachment to the brim of a sturdy cap will create a Hat/Cam allowing you to video anywhere.

Al
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari