HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:59 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
I will be needing this Ball-Socket Linkage part for my dead V911. Banggood no longer list the part as a separate item but it does appear in their $30 kit. All photos I've seen of the corresponding Solo Pro, this linkage part (with metal) looks much longer than the V911 original part. Any ideas?

Adjustable ball link ends sold in two of these spare parts links I posted in Post# 341.:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=341
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Jan 09, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:04 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeing View Post
this looks like a blade part.
checkout the servo gears and rods they sell for the msr.
http://www.rcboca.com/e-flite-servo-...nk-2-bmsr.html
Hmmm, interesting. After I get my replacement Swash Plate, I'll visit my local Hobby Town USA, which carries the Blade stuff. I'll just take my heli in there at that point and do a direct comparison to see how close it is.
I never know that attitude I'm going to get when I go in there... if you are not flying what they are selling... you don't deserve attention or helpful service.

I will be armed with my $50 gift card from Christmas but I'm finding it hard to find something to buy there. I keep trying, maybe this will be my 1st purchase there.
Actually, Maybe I'll go in there before my swash arrives just to get this question answered for me and everyone else.
Also, it's nice to actually have an official name for this part: Servo Pushrod Set with/Ball Link
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:17 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Hey ... glad you found the problem. Check the owner's manual, as it has some figures and dimensions called out for setting up the heli. From the looks of the figure in the OM, the servo arms look pretty much horizontal at rest.
Yeah, it's exciting again...after all I only used it a few hours before my servo went out. I've got to learn now about how to trim. It seems to fly best now when I have the right stick trim button trimmed all the way to the left. It does remember the setting, but I need to figure out that..so off I go to the manual and elsewhere.
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:18 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,200 Posts
Quote:
After I get my shipments of parts from various vendors, in about 4 weeks I will be able to temporarily help other members by selling/shipping them an emergency part if they need it.
Ken, are you telling us that you're ordering a container of parts to become the local distributor? LOL

Before you replace the servo links, take a measurement of the overall length of the existing part, so that you would know how far to twist it on. But that's just a rough starting point. I'm sure that your heli could use another round of mechanical trimming afterwards.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Jan 09, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:29 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak View Post
Yeah, it's exciting again...after all I only used it a few hours before my servo went out. I've got to learn now about how to trim. It seems to fly best now when I have the right stick trim button trimmed all the way to the left. It does remember the setting, but I need to figure out that..so off I go to the manual and elsewhere.
Sounds like you need to do a manual adjustment on the servo links to get the swash plate horizontal/level with the heli off. This would theoretically make it so you have the same +/- trim adjustment range, and not have to max one out to make the heli fly right.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:39 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Keep in mind that the servo part is a clone of the Trex 100s. So most likely, their servo links are compatible with the v911.
Good point:

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...9b4b9a4998ee67

Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:49 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
So...It looks like I will have to order some more part to get my v911/Bravo SX heli in the air.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:53 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,099 Posts
Hobby People on Convoy St. carries Trex 100 parts.

Otherwise, I am sure you can put a z-bend on the Bravo SX servo rods.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 09, 2012, 09:58 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Maybe someone can take measurements of a Trex100/V911 servo rod to make the bends for Bravo SX servo rod?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jan 09, 2012, 10:44 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
I will be needing this Ball-Socket Linkage part for my dead V911. Banggood no longer list the part as a separate item but it does appear in their $30 kit. All photos I've seen of the corresponding Solo Pro, this linkage part (with metal) looks much longer than the V911 original part. Any ideas?
Why would you need a new metal servo linkage? I doubt that part is ever going to get damaged ... but the plastic ball link part that screws on might get damaged in a bad crash.

You really destroyed a metal servo link?
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:18 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Hobby People on Convoy St. carries Trex 100 parts.

Otherwise, I am sure you can put a z-bend on the Bravo SX servo rods.
You know, I was thinking that there would be some way to mod it to work. Once again you are a step ahead in the modding dept.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 09, 2012, 11:42 PM
Joined Dec 2010
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
My first defective V911 had that problem, it was Loud out of the box, had a wobbly main gear that grinded against the motor pinion.
It ran thru batteries twice as fast as my good V911!
After leveling the main gear, hand spinning the gear against motor until smoother, bending the frame/main gear a bit away from the motor shaft... the wee Heli kept flying better and better and longer and longer as it continued to get smoother running.

If your V911 has any of those symtoms, it is fixable... given enuff massaging.
He's right. I hand turn the main shaft and I come across a part where the whole shaft sort of locks and making a clicking sound. Could be the swash plate, but I noticed that where the main gear makes that sound, there's a lot more lubricant stuck on that part if the main gear alone... Anyways, I've marked that part of the gear with a permanent marker and hopefully might figure out how to kill the friction on that part that's causing massive battery drain...

Also, this is the reason why I invested in a metal upgrade kit for the Solo Pro V2 (not my swash plate, btw):

gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
Last edited by gettinglucky; Jan 09, 2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:52 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,096 Posts
I'm not sure if this question was already answered, but does the 911 TX also have the "aileron" mix to help with vertical take off? So that on a low throttle setting, the aileron servo takes a different position, and assumes normal position once throttle is high enough to get airborne? The Trex100s TX has this build into the TX, and not into the RX, like on most other helis. I am hoping the 911 doesn't have this mix, or has it built into the RX, where it should be.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:09 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
I'm not sure if this question was already answered, but does the 911 TX also have the "aileron" mix to help with vertical take off? So that on a low throttle setting, the aileron servo takes a different position, and assumes normal position once throttle is high enough to get airborne? The Trex100s TX has this build into the TX, and not into the RX, like on most other helis. I am hoping the 911 doesn't have this mix, or has it built into the RX, where it should be.
I asked the same thing quite awhile back in this thread, and someone with the V911 chimed in and said no, it does not have auto aileron tilt at take off.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:20 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I asked the same thing quite awhile back in this thread, and someone with the V911 chimed in and said no, it does not have auto aileron tilt at take off.
Can more people confirm that?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member