HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:46 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
You might be able to seperate the swash halves, and hand turn it smooth again. I did the same to another heli's swash , luckily I only used a few dabs of CA and the swash was oily from b4 I glued. Worth a try while you wait for your extra V911 and parts.

I got my V911 parts in from MyRCMart... W00p! Installed the Flybar and new Canopy... and it's great to be flying again! I did notice that my V911 is a bit louder now... and abnormally loud with the new canopy.
Installed the old sound dampened canopy, and WOW is it ever Quiet!
vpsporb,
Thanks for your suggestions but you will see after viewing the attached photo that my problems are a lot more serious. Of course the original problem was mainly a swash problem but I managed to make it a problem for several other parts. Need (as far as I can tell) a new swash, new 1 new linkage part, and a few new buckles and finally some common sense

Had I disassembled it first, I would have figured out I couldn't glue what I was trying to glue... my best chance, before I really messed it up, was to some how rough up or increase the diameter of the inner portion of the top part of the swash so that it wouldn't separate from the lower half... at the time I didn't even know there were bearings inside that baby.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:51 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
For such precision CA glue work, I use a toothpick or push pin to apply small amounts to the required areas. I use a file or sand paper to remove & smooth out spots as needed.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Ken's V911 main board photo

I haven't followed the tread about the differences in the main pcb but though I'd post a pic of mine to add to the discussion. Not sure where it fits in when compared to the others.
Ken
Old Jan 09, 2012, 06:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Putting some CA on the surface and letting it dry will allow for a better friction fit.

Keep in mind that you're working with tiny parts. Using the glue nozzle is a way to make a mess of things.

Just put some drops of glue on a piece of plastic, cardboard, whatever. Then use the xacto knife to transfer to the surface you're trying to bond. It's more precise that way. Medium CA is best. The thin type can be too runny. But it's good to have on hand as well.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Putting some CA on the surface and letting it dry will allow for a better friction fit.

Keep in mind that you're working with tiny parts. Using the glue nozzle is a way to make a mess of things.

Just put some drops of glue on a piece of plastic, cardboard, whatever. Then use the xacto knife to transfer to the surface you're trying to bond. It's more precise that way. Medium CA is best. The thin type can be too runny. But it's good to have on hand as well.
Daryoon,
Thanks for the tips, hopefully I've learned a lesson and you've given me several points to consider when faced with a similar problem. I had purchased the THIN CA and this weekend I went back and bought some Medium for future projects (thanks for that info).
I was so afraid of taking things apart but if I had, I may still have a functional bird. I wasn't sure I would be able to put it back together. Now that it is broken, I've had it apart a couple times now (can't make it any worse). It still takes me a while to put those small buckles in place though.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:31 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,496 Posts
Ken, another trick that I've used is to cut the rings of those buckles. Just slice the rings open with a sharp knife. It takes the pressure off the rings so that they are not as tight, but tight enough to stay on the ball links. And in a hard crash, they pop off the links, rather than breaking them. It also makes them much easier to work with, taking off and putting them back on. You might try that. The down side, which hasn't happened to me yet, is your could lose them all together. But if you have extras...

Seeing the pictures that you posted, I would advice you to check the bearings inside the swash plate to make sure that they are still running freely. Because, as we have been informed by another member, the replacement swash plate doesn't come with bearings. So, you'll need those bearings to be in good working order. Otherwise, the replacement swash plate will do you no good.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 09, 2012, 07:53 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Are there any videos showing a V911 RX sucessfully binding with Turnigy 9x TX? I want to use V911 RX as a NE Bravo SX RX replacement but want more proof that it works with 9x before ordering.
I am actually waiting on a v911 Rx so I can build a Bravo SX that will bind to the Turnigy 9x Tx. It should arrive in a week. I will keep everybody updated when I get the parts.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:01 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
flying again

Well well, i'm flyin again. I replaced my old receiver board with the new spare I got and all is well. If anyone has had a servo go out or has been following this issue, for me it was the servo going bad and not the transmitter...one went out and one worked on my old board...hope that helps someone. One question I have now is where should I put the servo arms when trimming...straight across or just tipping up a bit? Are they supposed to be level and/or at the same height..would make sense to me but i'm new with this stuff
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:07 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak View Post
Well well, i'm flyin again. I replaced my old receiver board with the new spare I got and all is well. If anyone has had a servo go out or has been following this issue, for me it was the servo going bad and not the transmitter...one went out and one worked on my old board...hope that helps someone. One question I have now is where should I put the servo arms when trimming...straight across or just tipping up a bit? Are they supposed to be level and/or at the same height..would make sense to me but i'm new with this stuff
Hey ... glad you found the problem. Check the owner's manual, as it has some figures and dimensions called out for setting up the heli. From the looks of the figure in the OM, the servo arms look pretty much horizontal at rest.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Where to get this V911 Linkage part

I will be needing this Ball-Socket Linkage part for my dead V911. Banggood no longer list the part as a separate item but it does appear in their $30 kit. All photos I've seen of the corresponding Solo Pro, this linkage part (with metal) looks much longer than the V911 original part. Any ideas?
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:42 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Cpuken: I was wondering if SP or 9958 servo rods would work with V911 RX. Pics seem to show the V911 rods to be shorter. It might require cutting and bending SP/9958 rods to the required length.

I also tried to recycle Bravo SX servo rods for a 9958 RX but the rod dia was to large to fit the RX servo rod holes.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; Jan 09, 2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
Cpuken: I was wondering if SP or 9958 servo rods would work with V911 RX. Pics seem to show the V911 rods to be shorter. It might require cutting and bending SP/9958 rods to the required length.
Yea, I was afraid of that (cutting and bending).
I went ahead and ordered the plastic part from Myrcmart and will just have to wait for 3 weeks for delivery. Man I wish these places had a US warehouse to ship from. Maybe someday (at least for parts even if they didn't want to stock complete Helis).

After I get my shipments of parts from various vendors, in about 4 weeks I will be able to temporarily help other members by selling/shipping them an emergency part if they need it.
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2012
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
I will be needing this Ball-Socket Linkage part for my dead V911. Banggood no longer list the part as a separate item but it does appear in their $30 kit. All photos I've seen of the corresponding Solo Pro, this linkage part (with metal) looks much longer than the V911 original part. Any ideas?
this looks like a blade part.
checkout the servo gears and rods they sell for the msr.
http://www.rcboca.com/e-flite-servo-...nk-2-bmsr.html
ebeing is offline Find More Posts by ebeing
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:58 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Keep in mind that the servo part is a clone of the Trex 100s. So most likely, their servo links are compatible with the v911.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 09, 2012, 08:59 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
vpsporb,
Thanks for your suggestions but you will see after viewing the attached photo that my problems are a lot more serious. Of course the original problem was mainly a swash problem but I managed to make it a problem for several other parts. Need (as far as I can tell) a new swash, new 1 new linkage part, and a few new buckles and finally some common sense

Had I disassembled it first, I would have figured out I couldn't glue what I was trying to glue... my best chance, before I really messed it up, was to some how rough up or increase the diameter of the inner portion of the top part of the swash so that it wouldn't separate from the lower half... at the time I didn't even know there were bearings inside that baby.
Ahh, it's a slightly stickier situation than I thot... sucks about the ball links.

Thanks for the "exploded swash" pic, I now see what I glued the link plate "neck" to! hahah

I also replaced the Rotor Head on mine, re-assembled it... and the Fly bar was binding with the Main Blades.. and I got crazy TBE After doing it all over, it's fine now! silly Heli!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb