HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:12 PM
Joined Sep 2007
480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Do you attribute the improved flight characteristics to mechanical revisions or better electronics?
I'm using the same TX.
The better heading lock is probably better electronics, the stopping on a dime is probably mechanical.
But I'm just guessing.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:21 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
So to those who needs a BNF, you'd recommend them to get this yellow one? I'm already using the same main shaft and swashplate on my V911. The two parts are the same as those found on my Jiuchon 9C002. The better improved electronics looks tempting though.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:49 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
340 Posts
I found a picture of the NEW V911's TX.

I found it at TAOBAO in CHINA.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=17036320026

and see my blog
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post21979416
KKDDMM is offline Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Old Jun 24, 2012, 01:00 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
V=IR, V/R=I (0.6/0.01) gives us (drumroll) 60A!!!
Well, you do have external inductance and resistance, and the current will be very small after three seconds.

Has anyone shorted a fully charged 120mah or 150mah 3.7v LiPo?

In the interest of science, anyone willing to sacrifice a good battery with a dead short. Worst case would be to drop the LiPo in a vial of mercury (just don't breathe mercury vapor when you do it).
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Jun 24, 2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:10 AM
Joined Jun 2012
31 Posts
hey guys heres a question.... was thinking of getting a 6ch cp heli and wondered if you could help me choose between a...

walkera mini cp with devo 8s
or
blade mcpx v2 BNF with a DX6i

ps i live in Australia.. and what would be easier for a beginner?
leoski is offline Find More Posts by leoski
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:31 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoski View Post
hey guys heres a question.... was thinking of getting a 6ch cp heli and wondered if you could help me choose between a...

or

I you want to learn flying a CP heli, the bigger they are, much more easier to fly.
I would recommend getting a 450, T-Rex or clone as there are popular, and have a large knowledge base from users, and have good spare parts availability.
A T-Rex would be maybe $500, you can build a HK or similar clone for under $200.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jun 24, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
I you want to learn flying a CP heli, the bigger they are, much more easier to fly.
I would recommend getting a 450, T-Rex or clone as there are popular, and have a large knowledge base from users, and have good spare parts availability.
A T-Rex would be maybe $500, you can build a HK or similar clone for under $200.
as much as i would like a larger heli i dont have anywhere to fly it, also i have a 2.5 year old with cerebral palsy and my hobby funds are extremely limited. the reason im going for a smaller heli is cost per crash, smaller flying area and the maximum i have under is $400 to spend on everything (am selling on old drift car)... also im hoping the skills i have picked up with the v911 and 9958 will in part transfer over to a smaller cp?... would that be the case or r they completely different?
leoski is offline Find More Posts by leoski
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
You should start a new thread. You get more responses as well as not make this lengthy V911-only thread even more untidy.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:28 AM
Joined Jun 2012
87 Posts
Anyone have solution for 6double a batry for tx??can we use lipo??
zulmbbs is offline Find More Posts by zulmbbs
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:30 AM
mCP-X, mSR, 9958, v911, DX6i
Joined Jul 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
also im hoping the skills i have picked up with the v911 and 9958 will in part transfer over to a smaller cp?... would that be the case or r they completely different?
CP's flies a bit differently, but the orientation skills you've learned from the v911 and 9958 are definately transferable. In the beginning, just tune down the CP (You'll need a programmable TX). You can make it fly almost like a fixed pitch heli, and gradually let it loose when you're getting more comfortable with it.
Luftwaffel is offline Find More Posts by Luftwaffel
Old Jun 24, 2012, 06:32 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulmbbs View Post
Anyone have solution for 6double a batry for tx??can we use lipo??
The TX do not suck batteries quickly. Try disabling the red V lights, that might reduce energy consumption. I'm using cheapo AA cells and they last a long time.

Or... Eneloop rechargebles? I don't know how to mod a lipo in easily.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:02 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
Quote:

or

I cant really say anything about the miniCP (yet ...) but I did try to learn CP on a NE SP100 (which I got for 100$ shipped [new] from Hobbyking) and now I am at a mCPX
Of THOSE 2 the mCPX is MUCH easier to deal with. It is also the heli where I would say you got the best chances of getting spare parts (which is also a big point in deciding on which model to take)
Not being able ot judge the actual durability and flight characteristics between mCPX and miniCP, I can however say that the mCPX is pretty durable and that in terms of cost it is most likely lower than the miniCP
EDIT:
Oh, and the mCPX comes with these FFF blades with the weights to make it easier controlable and "dumb it down" a bit when you are starting out ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Jun 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Is there a range increase when using the Turnigy Radio ? im asking because i would like to use the 911 board for another project but i need a little more range.

One weird thing i have noticed with mine , if i use the stock batteries then all is well with the world when i use the Nano techs i get some major trim differences i dont mean pitch but also in aileron , its quite strange.

BUT

The Nano's out perform the stock batteries easily ( at least mine do) more power and more flight time.

Time to buy another i think

** i would still rather buy a suitable "solder in" 2.4 unit that is compatible than buy a Turnigy radio but so far i have had no luck finding one **
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
One weird thing i have noticed with mine , if i use the stock batteries then all is well with the world when i use the Nano techs i get some major trim differences i dont mean pitch but also in aileron , its quite strange.

BUT

The Nano's out perform the stock batteries easily ( at least mine do) more power and more flight time.
I really glad for you that the Nano-techs turned out to be gems. Of the four I bought, 2 had less than 1 minute of flight time (which I threw them away) and the other 2 have around 2 minutes of flight time. I have to fly them with throttle at 80% because the power output seems weak. Only with these batteries, I had to add rudder trim left. I find this strange.

I checked the reviews and found that I wasn't alone. Maybe there was a batch of bad ones.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:47 AM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,291 Posts
Ello FyreSG , dont know , i changed the connector on 2 of the 6 Nano's ( shouldnt make any difference at all ) i know the first 1 or 2 charges were not impressive but after that i am definately way past 5 minutes , but, who knows , the other 4 may turn out to be duff but with 2 stock and 2 nano's on the go i get around 20 minutes or so flying which is enough for me atm.

I know with the nano's i am at a slightly higher throttle level than the stock but they hold there power longer.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief