SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Sounds good ... but I don't see how any heli can handle any "crisper" that the V911 I've got.
Sounds I'd have to fly them back to back to tell.
I did, fly back to back and it is "crispier" than already "crisp"

It's the way it stops instantly in place when you release the right stick.
Kind of "Skids" to a stop by itself.

And maybe it's the swash with the ball, but there is a smaller dead spot in the right stick.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Last edited by RicksterRC; Jun 23, 2012 at 08:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancari View Post
Speaking of chargers, when it comes to heli batteries, I have 2 chargers for each heli. I don't want a charger to go down and not have a backup, also, I can charge 4 bats at once if i am desperate and that's always good. For the price of 4 bucks a piece, it's easy.
After two BNFs and buying two extra chargers, I can charge all 8 of my batts at once. No fancy chargers and clothes pins.
I have a four port USB wall charging things from Amazon.

If I fly a continuous session (when I only had two chargers and 4 batteries), by the time I was done with number 4, numer 1 was recharged. Infinite loop.

I even bought a four port car charger in case I go on the road somewhere (though with 8 fully charged batteries, I doubt I'd need it.)

I have links to the four port USB chargers (and a timer I bought to provide peace of mind) see previous post.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7990
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:22 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I did, fly back to back and it is "crispier" than already "crisp"

It's the way it stops instantly in place when you release the right stick.
Kind Skids to a stop.

And maybe it's the swash with the ball, but there is a smaller dead spot in the right stick.
Is this the one you find to be crispier then crisp?
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-V9...f-p-46299.html
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:37 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
Helicopter One Montage

Here's a Montage of video footage from last night and this morning. Some of it I'm flying the various helicopters and some of it kids are flying them.

Helicopter One (5 min 18 sec)
rexless is offline Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:51 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jun 2012
406 Posts
Hey guys - can you tell me if this sounds like a main motor failure? It's making a louder whirring sound. It started sporadically and the heli would jerk violently in the air like it the motor was catching. Now the sound is constant. It also lost a ton of power and won't even lift the heli. I thought it might be the swash bearing but it seems fine.
installerblizz is offline Find More Posts by installerblizz
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:52 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Might be a main motor failure.

Might also be that the maingear is catching on something or else there is some other source of friction in our mainshaft somewhere?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:53 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by installerblizz View Post
Hey guys - can you tell me if this sounds like a main motor failure? It's making a louder whirring sound. It started sporadically and the heli would jerk violently in the air like it the motor was catching. Now the sound is constant. It also lost a ton of power and won't even lift the heli. I thought it might be the swash bearing but it seems fine.
Could be the main motor. Is the motor pretty warm or hot after flying? You can put some lube on the swash bearing to see if that helps.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:00 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
What makes you think that parallel charging is bad? Its not, I haven't checked the stock charger yet but I am sure that it is charging in parallel and not two separate circuits. Take a look at this artical on RC Helicopter Fun, Parallel LiPo Charging The Faster & Safer Way To Charge?.
I have found no information stating that it was dangerous or will damage the batteries, if you stay within the guide lines of same cell count, similar capacity, and similar discharge state, it is as save as charging any other lipo battery. If you have information that states other wise give me a link and I will read it over, I am not an electronics noob, it is what I took in college 25+ years ago, but I will admit to having forgotten some of what I learned back then

Quote:
Don't charge your batteriers in parallel, unless you mean parallel in time and your charger has separate outputs for all the parallel batteries.

If you simply take the one charging output and hook it to multiple batteries in parallel, it will not charge them properly and could cause a dangerous condition.

Worst case: You hook up a fully charged battery and a dead one. Parallel wiring causes the full one to back charge the empty one - at a very high rate - overheating of one or the other, or both, causes damage, bloating, or worse (fire).
Unless you know what you're doing, don't try to make a multiple battery charger harness.

As they say on Mysthbusters: "Don't do it.... Ever".
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:12 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
My yellow BNF arrived today to join my flock ( 2x O/B, R/W, B/W, Yel).

Arrived from firecabbage in a form fitting styrofoam box just bigger than the copter (rather than the "empty square box the last one rattled around in and lost it's tail rotor).

There are enough differences that it's a true WL-Toy V911 version-2 or a clone.
Lots of parts will not be compatible.

Flight wise:

Binded no problem with my old controller.

The red LED is on the front of the PCB. Makes a real cool glowing caopy effect in a dimly lit room!
Out of the box, no trimming required.
The handling is crisper that any of my previous.
Gyro definitely does a better job of holding heading - through entire battery.
If I pointed it somewhere, it stayed there - even after other manuvering.
Crisper handling forward/back/side/side.
You can shoot forward and when you let go of the stick, it kind of rocks back by itself and skids to a stop.
You don't need to pull back to stop it,
You can just whip it around in a box pattern.
Or confidently zing to the wall, backwards to the other wall, back and forth within 6"

If you're buying your first, I'd suggest you give serious thought to buying a yellow one.
Do you attribute the improved flight characteristics to mechanical revisions or better electronics?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:15 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancari View Post
You could paint it all white and put a black 66 on it with black circle around it.

Let's see who gets that 45 year old automotive reference, hint - its not F1.

Speaking of racing did anyone watch the 24 hrs of Lemans last weekend?

I had it on for the 24 hrs and slept thru 5 hrs with the TV on. Audi took 1-2-3 but Peugeot didn't put any cars in b/c they are loosing money. Toyota ran but they don't have it down and failed at F1 too.

I used to do slot cars when I was in jr high, modded the heck out of them, can't tell you what i did as it would answer my posted question.
All white with a black 66 with a circle around it is the 1966 Chaparral 2E driven by Jim Hall. That is my all-time favorite Can Am car!! I have the Exoto 1/18 model of it.

And yes, I did watch Le Mans last weekend. History was made as the first hybrid to win the race overall. Too bad about the Delta Wing car being punted off by that Toyota! It seems that lately, Le Mans prototype cars are more innovative than F1 cars. As much as I love F1, I fear that the FIA is hell-bent on copying Indycar and turning my beloved F1 into spec car racing, all in the name of cost-cutting. They don't seem to get it; F1 is not supposed to be "spec- car racing"; it's F1 for crying out loud!! The pinnacle of race car design and innovation!! Just my 2 cents.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Last edited by hope12839; Jun 23, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post

Might also be that the maingear is catching on something or else there is some other source of friction in our mainshaft somewhere?
Everything is rotating smoothly like it should. I just completed a perfect flight without it happening. Weird. It is 95 degrees outside, and I was full throttle for the whole flight before when it was acting up. Was the motor just overheating?
Old Jun 23, 2012, 01:57 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Weird. Maybe? Just keep an eye on it. If it were mind, I'd consider placing an order for a spare so that you've got one in case this is a sign that the motor is *going* to go bad in the near future?
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 23, 2012, 02:10 PM
Joined Jun 2012
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Could be the main motor. Is the motor pretty warm or hot after flying? You can put some lube on the swash bearing to see if that helps.
Quote:

Quote:
Weird. Maybe? Just keep an eye on it. If it were mind, I'd consider placing an order for a spare so that you've got one in case this is a sign that the motor is *going* to go bad in the near future?
Good idea. Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:36 PM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
v911 flies backwards in cirle

Hi Pros,

my neu v911 after a crash it now becomes uncontrollable. It flies left + backwards in cirle as soon as it lift off when i increase the motor speed, without any direction command from the TX. I tried to trim it, but got not better.

It now reacts to TX command 'forward' or 'forward+right' very bad, it almost can't fly forwards anymore

What do you think pro? its gone? :-D

Thank you very much
tunggad is offline Find More Posts by tunggad
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:51 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Check to see that the swash plate didn't separate, and check all the linkages. If all that is good check the flybar weights
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives