HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
That's not a WLtoys PCB. It would say WL instead of jct in the corner ... so yeah, a V911 clone. That PCB layout looks much more different than a real V911 PCB.
I have a yellow "WL-Toys V911" on order from Firecabbage that should arrive any day. He clearly lists it as a "WL-Toys V911"

Can anyone (the guys who are in communication with WL-Toys) confirm for sure if this is an "new version from WL-Toys", or a clone of WL-Toys.

When the Firecabbage dude convinced me to try the yellow one out, he didn't mention that the parts were not interchangeable...
Now I see he lists "New V911" parts. Are these WL-Toys, or a clone?

Either way, I'm not happy that the parts will not be interchangeable with my existing fleet of four real V911.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
BTW, you don't hear of many gyro failures because I don't post every time I break one . The little bugger does have a moving part inside the enclosure, to sense minute movements, I surmise that's the part that breaks.
What are you doing that breaks it?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Nov 2011
299 Posts
I've never had a gyro fail on any of my little helis and I don't think it's that easy to break one since I think it doesn't even have moving parts. All spinning problems I've encountered have been due to something else than the gyro so far.
andur is offline Find More Posts by andur
Old Jun 21, 2012, 02:16 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2 Posts
My squadron WL V911 etc.
Hanes_cz is offline Find More Posts by Hanes_cz
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:03 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,444 Posts
Stonecutter:
No offense intended but I am not convince that's a symptom of a failed gyro. I am not saying gyro failure can't occur, but from my experience, it's more likely a failed tail motor of FET than the gyro. So take a look at that and maybe you can revive the RX.

If you'd like, you can donate a bad board or two to me and I'll take a closer look and report back. I'll even pay for shipping.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:10 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanes_cz View Post
My squadron WL V911 etc.
I put a picture of my V911 up with my CCPM helicopter and the V911 disappeared Mind you my CCPM heli is a 600 and orange so the little V911 does blend in even though I pained the V911 red and black

SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:28 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
Nice photos of helis on here today! Love the hidden V911 in the last one, that's awesome. Took me awhile to find it.

So today I took a friend out flying with a pair of new V911's. At first we had no problems, 2 tx's each bound to their own heli and we were flying around just fine. I'm a more aggressive flyer so I had to switch my battery first an lo and behold I couldn't get it to work. A few times it bound to the other transmitter so both helis were under the control of one tx - that was annoying. Then, I managed to get it to bind to my tx but all I had were aileron and elevator controls, no rudder or throttle. I must have tried reconnecting 10 times before I finally got it to work.

We flew together for awhile until my friend had to change his battery and same problem... he couldn't get his to fully bind until I stopped mine completely. This is very annoying as a field full of flyers can't have everyone stopping to rebind whenever a battery needs changing. Are we just doing something wrong or is this a bug?
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:32 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
You shouldn't have to bind every time you start up your V911, I know I don't. Once you have done the initial bind start turning on the TX first then plug in the battery on the V911 and see if that make a difference.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Jun 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Stonecutter:
No offense intended but I am not convince that's a symptom of a failed gyro. I am not saying gyro failure can't occur, but from my experience, it's more likely a failed tail motor of FET than the gyro. So take a look at that and maybe you can revive the RX.

If you'd like, you can donate a bad board or two to me and I'll take a closer look and report back. I'll even pay for shipping.
Sifu, you're not convinced because I hadn't adequately described the symptoms. The tx still has control of the tail motor, it will spin cw or ccw according to control input, but it's just too fast for the pilot to compensate in either direction, in addition, the spinning doesnot stop when rudder input is returned to neutral. Also, with the motor running and heli held in hand, the usual run up of the tail motor (accompanied by characteristic whine) when hand yawing ccw doesnot occur.

PM me your address and I'll gladly send you a bad board, shouldn't cost more than 1 ounce first class postage so I think I can afford that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
What are you doing that breaks it?
Flying w/o a helmet. Don't recommend it.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:01 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,119 Posts
Rexless as SG said after the first initial bind you always switch the TX on first then insert Heli battery, that will sort your issue out.
No need to bind heli to TX again unless you change the receiver.
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,444 Posts
Stonecutter, sounds like your troubleshooting is logical enough. guess it's more my curiosity now.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Mar 2012
58 Posts
failed gyro - V911

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Sifu, you're not convinced because I hadn't adequately described the symptoms. The tx still has control of the tail motor, it will spin cw or ccw according to control input, but it's just too fast for the pilot to compensate in either direction, in addition, the spinning doesnot stop when rudder input is returned to neutral. Also, with the motor running and heli held in hand, the usual run up of the tail motor (accompanied by characteristic whine) when hand yawing ccw doesnot occur
Stonecutter - I had one go out just like that.
IMPOSSIBLE to fly a V911 without that tail gyro - well, it can get off the ground - but I sure wouldn't call it 'controlled flight'.

I'm thinking of using that board in a lightweight airplane. Something very small...
wavy is offline Find More Posts by wavy
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
I've never had a gyro fail on any of my little helis and I don't think it's that easy to break one since I think it doesn't even have moving parts. All spinning problems I've encountered have been due to something else than the gyro so far.
I've had 'holding gyro' go out BOTH in a Double Horse 9100 And the V911.
Maybe I'm hard on them. Maybe flying in the rain is a problem (J/K!)
wavy is offline Find More Posts by wavy
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:09 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Canada, BC
Joined Apr 2012
1,496 Posts
That's the funny thing. When I switched my first battery, I didn't shut off the tx. Normally in the field I can just pull the low battery, pop in a good one, wait a few seconds and then go. When that didn't work I resorted to trying to re-bind.

I'll try it again next time we're out. Thanks guys!
rexless is online now Find More Posts by rexless
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2012, 04:14 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,444 Posts
Rexless,
That is one annoying thing with the v911 TX that we have encountered here at the local meetup. The v911 TX goes into binding mode each time it starts up. So depending on the timing of when someone turned on their transmitter and when another put the lipo into their v911, the v911 can jump to a new master. A bit unnerving when your heli takes off unexpectedly. I am sure it's part user error,but it's a bit of an annoyance that the TX behaves that way by default.