SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:21 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,435 Posts
I think the throttle is reverse on the RX. Not the TX.

However, the trim on the transmitter does affect the RX. So that experiment only validates if the RX' throttle channel is indeed inverted. It won't fix your issue per se, but it may lead us to the correct place to look for a fix.

By the way, you're still not giving adequate feedback to my question, so it's hard to troubleshoot.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:23 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
By the way, you're still not giving adequate feedback to my question, so it's hard to troubleshoot.
I'm not? ... sorry, ask again on the ones you don't have info for.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:54 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,323 Posts
V911 mods: "new" alternative motor??

Sorry to interrupt the discussion ... ... but there is a question I asked before and I'd like to ask again ...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=196

Whats the verdict??
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:00 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,435 Posts
HH: Nevermind. I just tested and the v911 doesn't seem to need to have the throttle at zero before it revs up the motor. On other heli's I've own, your throttle need to hit zero first before the RX will allow power to go to the motor. It's a safety feature. Therefore, what I wanted you to test and report back isn't necessary anymore.

erdnuckel2:
Couple of reasons why there's no interest. One, the 120SR tail boom set that includes the motor is expensive @$15.

2. It's hard to put on a pinion on these motor. I still haven't come up with a fool proof way yet. I've tried heating up the pinion...and on my test one, it works fine. On the good motors, I can only get it on partially.

I hear that the 120SR motor is strong though. How strong exactly? I can't tell you.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:08 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
HH: Nevermind. I just tested and the v911 doesn't seem to need to have the throttle at zero before it revs up the motor. On other heli's I've own, your throttle need to hit zero first before the RX will allow power to go to the motor. It's a safety feature. Therefore, what I wanted you to test and report back isn't necessary anymore.
I cycled the throttle many times after the heli was bound to the Tx. The servos work perfectly, but no motor action with any throttle stick movement between zero and 100%, multiple times.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,435 Posts
I understand that. But on a heli with throttle safetly, if the trim is up high enough where with the throttle stick physically "down" all the way still prevents it from hitting "zero" throttle, you get the exact issue you were experiencing. Add to that the fact that your throttle seem to be inverted, made explaining it a bit more confusing.

But like I said, it's all a pointless in light of the fact that the v911 doesn't seem to have that throttle safety feature.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:15 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
Quote:
I understand that. But on a heli with throttle safetly, if the trim is up high enough where with the throttle stick physically "down" all the way still prevents it from hitting "zero" throttle, you get the exact issue you were experiencing. Add to that the fact that your throttle seem to be inverted, made explaining it a bit more confusing.

But like I said, it's all a pointless in light of the fact that the v911 doesn't seem to have that throttle safety feature.
I just did the following experiment, put battery in, turned tx on with throttle stick half way up; result is no binding (rx led continue to slow flash), but then I lowered the throttle to zero and heli binded instantly. So apparently there's some safety feature built in, but perhaps not what you had thought.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:18 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
also note that turning on the tx w/throttle up will not start the motor until back down and up again. it does appear to have the standard safety feature. i find it hard to believe a product could survive the consumer market w/o this.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:24 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
I just did the following experiment, put battery in, turned tx on with throttle stick half way up; result is no binding (rx led continue to slow flash), but then I lowered the throttle to zero and heli binded instantly. So apparently there's some safety feature built in, but perhaps not what you had thought.
In my case, the first time I tired to bind the BNF V911 with the stock Tx, I put the battery in the heli and let the gyro initialize - got slow flashing LED. Then turned on the Tx, and the LED never went solid. On my black/orange V911 it binds every time doing that procedure.

On the BNF, the way I got it to finally bind was to put the throttle half way, turn on the Tx, then put the battery in the heli. After gyro initialized, put the throttle to zero and it bound to Tx. Once that was done, I could bind the heli with the Tx throttle down, like with the black/orange V911. Seems the initial bind procedure is different than the subsequent bindings.

I thought I was good to go after I finally got it to bind ... but, no motor function now ... both motors do not react to any throttle inputs.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:31 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
NOT QUITE ... but yeah, you kind of overthink it probably a little (no worries, I know what I am saying, I am an EXPERT in overthinking stuff ...)

Anyway, like I said, you really have to know yourself what you gonna do, but at less than 40$ shipped for a RTF heli of V911 caliber, you simply CANNOT go wrong (if you decide at the end of your experiment you did, then ... with all due respect ... there must be something wrong with YOU ....

jsut my 2cent ...
Hey man, no problem, my over-thinking remark was a light-hearted one.
Besides, I think you're right.

The Banggood deal sounds good, but I hate to wait so long for it to be shipped. And if I get a bad one (I always get defective crap it seems), it would be a real pain in the butt, not to mention a long wait. Sounds like HH is likely a month away from getting one that actually works.
Also, don't they re-pack the heli and ship it without the retail box? I don't like the sound of that. A number of sellers on ebay do the same thing. I found a US seller who ships it in it's sealed retail box for $45. Thing is I don't know if it's one from a recent batch, guess I'll have to ask.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Jun 20, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 06:59 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC808 View Post
Sounds like HH is likely a month away from getting one that actually works.
I'm going to check a couple of things tonight on the BNF V911, and if I can't find the issue I'll contact Banggood. Don't think I want to ship it back, so will see if Banggood will replace it or not ... or maybe send me a new PCB, which I could install pretty easily.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:17 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Odd. That's how I expected the safety feature to work. But while exploring HH's issue, I learn that feature doesn't work as expected on my RX.

I turn on my v911 transmitter. Up the throttle halfway. Then insert the battery into the v911. The v911 automatically reconnect and it try's to take off, despite the throttle stick is still halfway up. Odd!

What I expect is, there shouldn't be power to the motors unless I put the throttle back to zero. Sounds like you guys have RX that works like this. Odds. Wonder if the safety stopped working on mine or whether there are RX out there missing this safety feature. There has been so many changes to the v911 lineup, this would not be far fetched.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:25 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Odd. That's how I expected the safety feature to work. But while exploring HH's issue, I learn that feature doesn't work as expected on my RX.

I turn on my v911 transmitter. Up the throttle halfway. Then insert the battery into the v911. The v911 automatically reconnect and it try's to take off, despite the throttle stick is still halfway up. Odd!
I'll have to try that on my black/orange V911 to see how it reacts.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:58 PM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I'm going to check a couple of things tonight on the BNF V911, and if I can't find the issue I'll contact Banggood. Don't think I want to ship it back, so will see if Banggood will replace it or not ... or maybe send me a new PCB, which I could install pretty easily.
Hmmm...if they're cool enough to do that for you, then maybe I should reconsider buying from them. It's not as if an ebay seller would have better customer service, even if they are in the US.

Am I wrong about them re-packing the contents for shipping?

Anybody know any coupon codes for BG?

7-15 business days for shipping. Oh the horror!
Guess I'd know for sure I was getting one of the latest revisions from there. The dealbreaker will be whether or not I get it in it's sealed retail box or not. I'm silly about these things.
EDIT:
Dunno why I'm asking you guys this stuff when an email to BangGood will do the job.
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Last edited by MC808; Jun 20, 2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:18 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,100 Posts
Update on no-ring mod - flew 4 batteries with the ring removed from the main shaft. The heli did not perform worse, but it also did not appear to be much better either. It still loses altitude during FFF, which is normal for all helicopters. But I can't tell if the altitude loss is lesser with the ring removed.

Since there are no problems, I'll leave my V911 as it is. I'll update again.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG