HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:45 AM
Sweden, Borlänge
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Well guess what? WLToys gave me the number of the boss of Fu Shi (the company that makes the 9X).. turns out they are the ones who designed the V911 board (and the quads).
I texted him but it's quite late here so I think there'll be a reply most likely tomorrow... guess we'll figure out this compatibility problem soon (hopefully)
Hopefully you'll be able to forward our concerns to them. For me, the only reason for buying a V911 was the fact that I could use my 9x TX.
J.F.S is offline Find More Posts by J.F.S
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 04, 2012, 09:47 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,160 Posts
Well James, that is a very handy contact to have, not only with regards to the V911 / WLToys and 9X, but also that the 9X-R is in the works.
Or is the 9X-R a Hobby King 'in-house' project?
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:08 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
9xr is strictly a hk project and has little to do with wltoys or flysky, makers of 9x.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:20 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,160 Posts
Dave,
You know this for a fact?
Or I like me just presuming from the context of the posts made by Anthony and co make?
B!LL!
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jun 04, 2012, 10:49 AM
Sweden, Västerbotten County, Umeå
Joined May 2011
19 Posts
Led

Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
The Led in the white blu or white red canopy is a marvellous idea for the person who mentioned it in here thumbs up. Now my V911 is like a ghost when flying at night
Thanks I was thinking it was good crashes to then I was doing it.
Have to find some good colour on in front part canopy//JP
umejopa is offline Find More Posts by umejopa
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:32 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,165 Posts
Some radio gurus help me out here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1665264

Thanks.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 04, 2012, 11:56 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
rumor has it that future v911s will not be turnigy compatible anymore... will confirm with WLToys when possible.
Quote:
Well guess what? WLToys gave me the number of the boss of Fu Shi (the company that makes the 9X).. turns out they are the ones who designed the V911 board (and the quads).
I texted him but it's quite late here so I think there'll be a reply most likely tomorrow... guess we'll figure out this compatibility problem soon (hopefully)

Yikes!!! If its true, they will lose my interest in their products if I can't use my FS-TH9X 9x Tx. Perhaps another savvy RC company, aware of the V911 sales success & 9x Tx user concerns will step in? Such a company realizing the opportunity to gain a new customer base could offer 9x Tx compatibility as a selling point for their RC products.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; Jun 04, 2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:21 PM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
I would be much less interested in the new one as well if it doesn't work with the 9x. I put an order in for a 9X _because_ I could use it with the v911 as well as for my planes. If it doesn't work with the 9x or at least provide a module for it then I'm not interested and will stick with the V911.
Bomberpilot is offline Find More Posts by Bomberpilot
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:25 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
rumor has it that future v911s will not be turnigy compatible anymore... will confirm with WLToys when possible.
What's the reason ... protocol license infringement?
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:27 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
... anyway i think you mean to say wltoys not v911.n.
WL Toys is the manufacturer of the V911.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 04, 2012, 12:39 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomberpilot View Post
I would be much less interested in the new one as well if it doesn't work with the 9x. I put an order in for a 9X _because_ I could use it with the v911 as well as for my planes. If it doesn't work with the 9x or at least provide a module for it thn I'm not interested and will stick with the V911.
@Bomberpilot: I like the 9x Tx module idea. If the reasons are protocol license infringement related maybe offer a 9x Tx compatible module.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; Jun 04, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Jun 04, 2012, 01:25 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
WL Toys is the manufacturer of the V911.
yes, i know. but james comment about v911 struck me as odd. more likely future products (wltoys) might switch protocols but id be very surprised if they fatally altered a heli model halfway through the production cycle. i doubt w.l. is that stupid. you never know though.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:20 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Got this heli broken out of the box .The right servo is stuck and doesnt move. It also makes funny noises if I try to control it via TX. The metal cylinder also get hot with power on - see below pic. Is it a common fabrication failure on such a cheap heli ?

I dont think I can give it back, be cause I will have to send it back to China, so I am open to any suggestions.
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:25 PM
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
No such thing in China!!!! LOL.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Old Jun 04, 2012, 02:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,435 Posts
RoboSerg:
That sucks...but it happens. Even on the brand name helis.

The POT inside the servo is probably messed up. Telling the motor to move the arm but not getting feedback that it's been done. So it hits the servo endpoint. The motor continues to spin and thus it start to overheat. If left, the motor will burn out or burn up the FETs for the servo.

A new RX board is $12. Where did you buy the heli? I have heard some people having good result getting Banggood to step up and take care of the issue.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon