HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:45 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
No lol it well and truly decided to flyaway with Helicommand installed , i was gutted, thats when i removed the Fasst 2.4 board from my TX and replaced it with a cheapo Corona , and never had an issue since.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined May 2012
81 Posts
Eek! it's funny but not not too sort of thing because they aint cheap, but makes for a great story...heh, I suppose it proves in some ways the recovery aspect of the helicommand works, just not the homing aspect.. hmm..

someones probably sitting there with it on a shelf now, and telling everyone.. " I don't know, I was just sat in the garden one day and all of a sudden this model helicopter landed in my garden and they never came back for it..."
Merlinz is offline Find More Posts by Merlinz
Old Jun 02, 2012, 03:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
I know i fly about 200 yards from Eston hills so its probably somewhere up there in a tree lol , i used to build and test helis for an online retailer so truthfully it didnt actually cost that much but i was still gutted lol.
We live and learn though , the first Fasst incident was with an Rclander f16 that just dropped from the sky for no reason , i threw that RX away (along with what was left of £400 worth of mashed up stuff ) and then everything was fine for a month or so then the heli went.
Im wondering if i buy a flysky module and solder it into my older Futaba T6 if it would bind with the V911's.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Well it finally happened to me, I lost a flybar weight I was doing a low banked turn, about 6-8" off the ground, and got caught in a sudden wind gust. There was no time to shut down or try to save it till after the first bounce, I watched it hit the ground and saw the little silver weight go flying off into never to be seen again land I am not worried about it though, because I still have a few spares, and the original broken flybar that still has its weights. Total down time 5 minutes to change out the flybar
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined May 2012
81 Posts
heh, I guess that does take some of the sting out of it.. and it does make a great story..mystery too like you said, if probably still there somewhere.. I wonder if anyone ever found it and what they thought if they did..

you can buy small tracking devices from maplin might be worth installing one of those..hm (though hopefully it won't happen again) but that's pretty cool though being a test pilot for RC birds..

I wonder where the modding ends though, a full scale radio controlled heli EEEEK!

not sure about the binding thing lol, I'm not quite at that stage yet.. but from what you've said of your RC Ventures so far.. If It can be imagined, I'm pretty sure you could create/mod it...then take it beyond!
Old Jun 02, 2012, 04:38 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
Well it finally happened to me, I lost a flybar weight I was doing a low banked turn, about 6-8" off the ground, and got caught in a sudden wind gust. There was no time to shut down or try to save it till after the first bounce, I watched it hit the ground and saw the little silver weight go flying off into never to be seen again land I am not worried about it though, because I still have a few spares, and the original broken flybar that still has its weights. Total down time 5 minutes to change out the flybar
Maybe try shrink tubing the flybar weight ends.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:05 PM
Joined May 2012
81 Posts
Arrrrgg I ordered a V911 from a uk stockist last night, and paid for next day delivery, then just found out is bank holiday mon and tue:S.. I totally forgot.. grrrrrrrrr &&75*$*%*$*

thats a good idea about shrink tubing the ends.. I've wondered about how best to secure small peices etc.
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:14 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
This is the first one I have lost and the flybar struck the pavement a few times before it flew out
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:29 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinz View Post
Arrrrgg I ordered a V911 from a uk stockist last night, and paid for next day delivery, then just found out is bank holiday mon and tue:S.. I totally forgot.. grrrrrrrrr &&75*$*%*$*

thats a good idea about shrink tubing the ends.. I've wondered about how best to secure small peices etc.
I got shrink tube stuff from Ebay.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:15 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Will the base unit charger that comes with the V911 be ok for charging say 160mah batteries as well? or would you need to buy a special charger...:S.

M
The V911 charger could charge any 1 cell, 4.2v Li-Po battery. It just takes longer to charge the battery as the battery size increases.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:18 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
With heat ... that's why it's called "heat shrink tubing".
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:20 PM
Edinburgh Turnhouse, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Feb 2002
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman0236 View Post
Right on, man!
Moving the rods to the A hole, achem, hole closest to the screw on the servo arms will tame her down a tad. If you can manage it, putting the links on the swashplate to the shorter arms is also a measure to take if you still need less aggressivness. I was reluctant to mention that, as I remember you said you are missing feeling in your fingers. You do have to be careful with that adjustment, as the links and/or balls can break and the links can also be pushed on too far, causing bad flight. Since you got the rods relocated ok, you are probably alright doing that(? I'd hate to hear of you breaking it) A third adjustment, if you find that what you did made her too lethargic is to switch to high rate on the TX. I'm sure, with time, you'll find the right combination.
Hi stickman,
Yes from the very beginning of thinking the ball links I was worried if I could do it. With no feeling on my right hand I was scared as my hand can spasm then squash the heli into rubbish! I managed this time but I am not happy doing the ball.
I have ordered this Align - 250 Ball Link Pliers

I was thinking that will be still too small so thought on trying the like this As could make one.
>.
Walkera 4g6 Ball link Plier casero (Homemade) (1 min 37 sec)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman0236 View Post
Your throttle symptom, although, doesn't sound quite right. When you turn on the TX, make sure the throttle trim is centered and the stick is all the way down then plug in the copter battery.
Cheers to you and your dad with your new birds!
Well that seems weird. But first this may be the problem. You say “When you turn on the TX, make sure the throttle trim is centered and the stick is all the way down then plug in the copter battery.”
But the “instruction manual”
11.BINDING OF RADIO AND TRANMITTER AND RECEIVER.
Step 1 “push the lipo battery”
Step 2 “stick lowest position and the turn on the power”
Then is that why the binding screwed so that all the power always as the transmitter with a new battery that the power rotor spins up, I have to click 10 clicks to stop it. Then I seems to work fine.
It that I should “binding it” again did I maybe I did not go all the way down? I there a new way to re-bind am sort of confused in the manual too?
Thank you for help
Aubrey is offline Find More Posts by Aubrey
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I did 5 filights using the new 145mAH (Charge/Discharge/Charge) before doing my testing.
The different batteries used were all fully charged using the same slot in the same charger for an accurate comparison.

I suspect not all V911s fly the exact same time on the same battery, nor are all "145mAH" batteries exactly the same.
I did the testing using the same V911 to eliminate the first variable.
I only had one sample 145mAH , so couldn't compare more than one.

Knowing that everyone might not see exactly the same results as me, I ended my post with "Your Mileage May Vary" (an American advertising expression meaning "don't blame us if you don't see the results we claim").

FWIW: I was suprised that the two flights I did with each battery type, on different days, varied by only 5 seconds max.

Yes, you are right . "don't blame us if you don't see the results we claim" good Idea!. many thanks
FCMan is offline Find More Posts by FCMan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 02, 2012, 09:38 PM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
4,440 Posts
Quote:
I think those Turnigy Nano-Techones have the right connection as theyre for the Trex and someone said the V911 is a trex clone, looking at the pics they look the same. But I emailed the seller and asked as well..

These look the same as the stock batteries.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:AAQ:GB:1123
Warning: they look 95% the same when you examine them physically. And with this small difference it can't fit into V911. I bought 4 of these and sort of regretted. You should check it out at its HobbyKing product page and read the reviews. The incompatibility is quite clear.

Modding is required to fit the batteries into V911.
FyreSG is offline Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Jun 02, 2012, 10:46 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpappyToke View Post
Alright so after looking at RicksterRC's writeup about wiring some LEDs onto his v911, I decided to look into it myself.

By the time I was done reading his info on it, I had came to the conclusion that I am nowhere near capable of doing what he did. So, instead I ripped the headlight off my old syma s107 and went to town!

I stripped the ends of the wires on the LED a bit, and then wrapped each end around the visible parts of the battery wires at the point right where they were soldered to the PCB. I then used a bit of epoxy to hold them in place, after making sure the LED would work when plugging the battery in. I then drilled a small hole in a spare canopy I had, and voila! My v911 is now capable of flying at night!

I'm sure there's tons wrong with how I went about doing this, but with my limited skill set and immediate resources, this will have to do for now!
You have me motivated GPT.

I've been messing around with my V911 and want to add an LED at the front of the nose. I'm wondering how you got around the extra wire and a disconnect when you installed your LED.

Thanks in advance
Al
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Drones Banned at Yosemite