HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2012, 10:54 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Ken, sorry to hear that your bird is down, and just when you were making progress, too! Well, if I were you, I would just start taking the whole thing apart. Eventually, you'll have to take the whole head assembly apart to replace things anyway. So, why not try your best separately them now, and perhaps, with some luck, you get them free enough to fly again? Otherwise, you've been sitting there for weeks. Hope you have other helicopters to keep your busy, otherwise.
Bummer for sure.

I had also ordered the HCW 537 (I think that's right) several days after I had ordered the V911.
I'm trying now not to overact and make a purchase I'll later regret. If the V911 was still $39, I'll probably just order a 2nd one (along with a few other spare parts) but there's something about that $40 barrier.
Right now I have about $65 worth of stuff sitting in a cart online (V911 and various parts).

I'll wait for a sign tomorrow and then go on from there.
I like your idea about taking it apart, I'll just need to take a lot of photos so that I have half a chance of getting it back together successfully.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:13 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak View Post
Thanks for the q's Daryoon,
When I just insert the battery everything is fine...it's only when I turn on the transmitter...so I'm also thinking it's that...since the servo does move. Anyone else want to chime in on this issue? Is there a way to reset the transmitter. I do remember playing around with holding a few things down on the tx, then turning on..I also later did take a battery out of the tx and restarted it just in case I messed something up. I'll try it again now.

Well, just tried again. So, the servo IS working, but I put the battery in the heli and all is fine, then I turn on the tx and the servo immediately goes up and I hear that high pitched whine...which then goes away when I turn the tx off. So servo works but just not working right for some reason..it does not move when I move the stick...sounds like a tx problem to me...anyone else have this issue?
It also looks like the servo will go back up to the exact location when I turn on the tx...if I move it to the bottom even.
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak
Old Jan 08, 2012, 01:23 AM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanado View Post
I finally got my V911, this one I bought from Tomtop at Ebay. The box was damaged by shipping (was not packaged properly) and the Canopy was cracked. The batteries front plastic took apart. I will contact the seller to see why it was shipped like that, Tomtop usually has a good customer service.

The heli and Tx are working, and after some difficulties binding, I think I found that the procedure is like the Solo Pro. I am not sure, but I think the throttle stick has like the SP a push button underneath - if so the procedure is this (I am not sure it will work for those whos their throttle is not zero):
1. Turn on the heli (put battery in).
2. Put the heli on a stable surface.
3. Move throttle stick all the way down.
4. Push inside the throttle stick.
5. While holding the throttle stick pushed, turn on the Tx.
6. Wait for the Tx to stop beeping.

For those which their throttle stick is not zero, check for mechanical issue in their Tx - my throttle stick can be moved all the way down (as the aileron/elevator stick).

I flew the heli indoors and outdoors and it is very nice and worth the price. Its speed is quite good and cyclics are very smooth. I didn't like the battery holder, the battery is not sliding nicely to it and each time there is a struggle. The Piro Rate is quite amazing and I still need to get used to it ( I am used to the Solo Pro). The heli seems to be quite noisy and gives the feeling of being inferior in quality than the SP - but it flies very nice and is quite durable (maybe even more than the SP).

The stock Tx is quite toy'ish and controls are too sensitive for rudder and throttle and less for cyclics. The SP stock Tx is definitely better in quality and options than the V911 stock Tx - but I am sure that the optional 9x upgrade will overcome all of the disadvantages (expo settings will provide a good sensitivity to all controls) and will be superior than the SP Tx, which can't be replaced by a programmed one. The biggest advantage of it on the SP is the Rx, which costs less then half of the SP Rx and I hope will last longer (SP Rx's are subject to a lot of malfunctions - servos stuck, transistors are burned, main chip are going crazy, bad wiring and soldering, cracks on PCB and more).

Batteries and chargers are cheap (price and quality), but do their work - I think upgrade is needed, because flight times and power are too short and dropping fast.
The battery is different than the SP, as they have knobs on the sides. If you wrap it with another holder, they won't fit (will be too wide). SP batteries can be used with a support underneath (as already been suggested, with zip tie or similiar solution) - I think that SP skids will be a better solution for it (just needs to find some durable ones).

I trimmed the heli (mechanical) for almost stable hover (I couldn't completely get rid of a forward drift) with Tx trims centered. When you mechanicly trim it, before changing the length of the servo rods, check if the servo arm is centered at 90 degrees to the servo metal rod - this will give you an identical throw to both directions of the servo movement (related to the circular movement of the servo arm). I still need to check my theory on a simple mod to increase the servos throw (posted on the begining of the thread).

I didn't have more problems with canopy or gormets besides being cracked on arrival (a new term - COA :-)). The canopy gormets looks tight, but if they'll get off, it will be hard to find them. I think the canopy is held quite good even without the gormets, but these gormets can be upgraded to Solo Pro gormets easily - which I think will make the heli less noisy.

For summary, this is a very nice heli with a great price for RTF and parts, it is upgradeble (Tx and SP upgrades), it flies quite good on stock form and is quite durable. There are some issues with binding, glued stuff, loosened parts - but they are minor, as all can be fixed in a low price. Furthermore, some big and good sellers like BangGood, MyRcMart, Tomtop, HeliPal, HobbyKing and more are selling these helis and parts so availability is good.

I hope that a BNF version (without Tx) will come out soon with a price tag of less than 30$ shipped - it will make these heli to be sold in thousands.
Aaron, you asked info for what can you do for parts and prices, this is the best - offer a BNF version without the Tx for less than 30$ shipped, or even without the charger, batteries, spares, beautiful box for less than 25$ shipped.
Great news I hope you will have long and happy hours in the air

Unfortunately my first heli is because of binding problem on the ground and I'm waiting for shipping replacement from BangGood
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 08, 2012, 02:39 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
bad servo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The buzzing is due to the servo being locked up. Perhaps it's getting faulty info from the TX, thinking it needs to go all the way up. What happens if you insert just the battery without the TX turned on?
I don't think the servo is locked up...I took the arm off and it does not continue to spin (if that's what you mean). I did get it to move to a horizontal position like the other servo, but it does not react to the stick...the other working one does. In addition, I recorded the sound of the servo..take a 20 second listen...the first sound is me turning on the tx of coarse.
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:15 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick007shadow View Post
Great news I hope you will have long and happy hours in the air

Unfortunately my first heli is because of binding problem on the ground and I'm waiting for shipping replacement from BangGood
Thanks nick,
Read what I wrote about the binding, you should try it, maybe it will work.
Can you attach a picture of the throttle stick all the way down, I think you have a mechanical issue, that maybe if you'll open the Tx you will be able to fix it. You have nothing to loose, you are already getting a new one...
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:18 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
Hi,thank you and all the friends here,for your valuable suggestions.
personally,I do believe that the v911 is a very good flight,as I have one here.it flies flexible ,quite durable,and it's light.Even though,there are some who have encountered few problems about stable or others.I think it need spending a little time to get used to it.A good Adjustment about these trims and buttons all right is not very easy,especially when you first come to the 4CH heli world.On the other hand,perhaps there maybe something should be improved,
I will collect all the information together and pay more attention to it.
Thank you!
Aaron
Thanks Aaron for being part of this thread, and for trying to get things work better.

Did you check the option to sell a "Heli Only" version, I am sure every owner of the v911 will order a second or more "Heli Only" if price is low.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:28 AM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
139 Posts
Quote:
Thanks nick,
Read what I wrote about the binding, you should try it, maybe it will work.
Can you attach a picture of the throttle stick all the way down, I think you have a mechanical issue, that maybe if you'll open the Tx you will be able to fix it. You have nothing to loose, you are already getting a new one...
I'll try, thank you - BTW - I was send e-mail to WLToys support address and BangGood with explanation about binding problem and factory testing issues (throttle). From WLTosy nobody answer and say "Thank you costumer". I was astonished with this, because, as you remember my problems with EU Declaration of Conformity, Chris from WLToys have had professional answers and we had great communication?
Maybe our friend Aaron qin can do stg
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:37 AM
Magyarország, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Miskolc
Joined Dec 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick007shadow View Post
I'll try, thank you - BTW - I was send e-mail to WLToys support address and BangGood with explanation about binding problem and factory testing issues (throttle). From WLTosy nobody answer and say "Thank you costumer". I was astonished with this, because, as you remember my problems with EU Declaration of Conformity, Chris from WLToys have had professional answers and we had great communication?
Maybe our friend Aaron qin can do stg
I also wrote has banggood that the helicopter is faulty, I wonder what they will respond.
Nick, could you give Aron email address for me?
csomi2 is offline Find More Posts by csomi2
Old Jan 08, 2012, 04:51 AM
Magyarország, Borsod-Abaúj-Zemplén, Miskolc
Joined Dec 2011
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
This separation of the Swash Plate was mentioned by another owner earlier and when I read it at the time, I didn't understand what he was saying. Now I know. I've included a photo that shows what to look for. If you bird is hard to control, this is another thing to check (along with the other stuff). Since I'm new to this Heli world I had no idea. My V911 was flying so bad... more accurately trying to fly, that I was just going to start taking things apart and putting them back together. Figured there was nothing to lose since the darn thing wasn't working anyway. That's when I accidentally pushed these two pieces back together. After that, I decided to try and fly it and it was much, much better. It doesn't take much of a bump (soft crash) for these two pieces to separate so always check it. I still have some other, smaller issues (sometimes mild TBE other times major TBE) but I'm working to figure out how this thing works.
The same is for me. I just put it back into place.
csomi2 is offline Find More Posts by csomi2
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:42 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Aaron, thanks for you attention to the needs of the members...

For whom who didn't notice, BangGood has added more spare parts for the v911 and update the prices to be more competitive with MyRcMart.

http://www.banggood.com/search/v911/...0-0_page1.html

Furthermore, there is now a sort of KIT version (not assembled BNF) of this heli for only 30$ shipped - this is great.
Aaron, there are few things that I saw that are missing/multiple in this package:

- The connect buckles should include 2 sets (1 set is missing).
- There is still missing the servo metal rods.
- Screws set are missing. [edited]
- Main Shaft bearings. [edited]
- SwashPlate bearing. [edited]

+ One main gear is connected to the main shaft, so there is no need for another one.

I think thats all to make a whole heli from this package (guys, recheck me and see if there is something else missing/multiple).

I don't know about others, but I think I would have want to see this package even without the battery and charger for a few $ less (25$ ???).

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wh...1-p-38651.html

Aaron, this is great, thanks. Can you also check with WL Toys to provide a package like this already assembled.
Last edited by asanado; Jan 08, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:53 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,835 Posts
Quote:
Aaron, thanks for you attention to the needs of the members...

For whom who didn't notice, BangGood has added more spare parts for the v911 and update the prices to be more competitive with MyRcMart.

http://www.banggood.com/search/v911/...0-0_page1.html

Furthermore, there is now a sort of BNF version (not assembled) of this heli for only 30$shipped - this is great.
Aaron, there are 2 things that I saw that are missing in this package:
- The connect buckles should include 2 sets.
- There is still missing the servo metal rods.
I think thats all to make a whole heli from this package (guys, recheck me and see if there is something else missing).
+ One main gear is connected to the main shaft, so there is no need in another one.
I don't know about others, but I think I would have want to see this package even without the battery and charger for a few $ less.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wh...1-p-38651.html

Aaron, this is great, thanks. Can you also check with WL Toys to provide a package like this already assembled.
And you're missing the most important part in your parts list - the Rx, which makes this BNF version a terrible deal.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:59 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
I saw that the Rx is included (stated as PCB Box).

I summarized all of these items at MyRcMart, and reached 31.88$ + Shipping - this is a great deal from BangGood (of course if Rx is included).

If Aaron will fine tune the list as I suggested to make it a "Whole Heli Only" it will be a little bit cheaper, with free shipping. Amazing!!!

It can be binded to an already own stock Tx or a Turnigy 9x.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:07 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
5,835 Posts
I see it now. You're right.

How about some screws then? Do we need screws to put this thing together. Do they come with the parts?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Jan 08, 2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:16 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Yes you are right, screws are also missing. I will update the original post too.
Old Jan 08, 2012, 08:24 AM
Joined May 2011
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak View Post
I don't think the servo is locked up...I took the arm off and it does not continue to spin (if that's what you mean). I did get it to move to a horizontal position like the other servo, but it does not react to the stick...the other working one does. In addition, I recorded the sound of the servo..take a 20 second listen...the first sound is me turning on the tx of coarse.
On the other side to the servo is a feedback potentiometer - it is driven by a shaft with a cross type point from the back of the servo. If the shaft has become dislodged (or the pot lifted at some time) then no feedback/ or wrong position reported. The pot should be mid span for mid servo. Might be worth a look. Just giving the pot a light press has helped stop jittery servos on my TR100's in the past.
h106frp is offline Find More Posts by h106frp