SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:07 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
hello friends, I want to buy this helicopter with ship to spain, can you recommended me the better shop??
I saw banggood, and the total is 45$
Thanks you!
euka_92 is offline Find More Posts by euka_92
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:16 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by euka_92 View Post
hello friends, I want to buy this helicopter with ship to spain, can you recommended me the better shop??
I saw banggood, and the total is 45$
Thanks you!
I don't think you are going to find it any cheaper than US$45 to the front door.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:16 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryknoll3 View Post
So the batteries that myrcmart is selling as spares for the V911 WILL work with the V911 without modification, but the theory is that with the "battery holder" one might be able to use Solo Pro batteries in the V911?
No, my theory is this:
V911 battery = Solo Pro battery + battery holder

I believe what we SGNelson has been telling us is that the batteries he ordered from MyRCMart is NOT = v911 battery.

My theory is that the battery MyRCMart sells = Solo Pro battery.
Therefore, they also sell the holders. By adding the holders, you now get v911 batteries. Does that make sense?

Take a look at post #193 and the pictures there.

EDIT: Some of the info in this post is wrong. Please see the correction below.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Last edited by Heli Pad; Jan 07, 2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:19 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryknoll3 View Post
So the batteries that myrcmart is selling as spares for the V911 WILL work with the V911 without modification, but the theory is that with the "battery holder" one might be able to use Solo Pro batteries in the V911?
Heli Pad ... isn't that basically what you just said in Post# 753?

Whoever sells a "V911 Replacement Battery" should already have the special holder piece on the battery to mate with the V911, regardless of the brand of battery used (Solo Pro or otherwise).
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Jan 07, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
No, my theory is this:
V911 battery = Solo Pro battery + battery holder

I believe what we SGNelson has been telling us is that the batteries he ordered from MyRCMart is NOT = v911 battery.

My theory is that the battery MyRCMart sells = Solo Pro battery. Therefore, they also sell the holders. By adding the holders, you now get v911 batteries. Does that make sense?

Take a look at post #193 and the pictures there.
Thanks, Hayabusa. I said it wrong in post #753. So, let me do this again. The theory is:
V911 battery = Solo Pro battery + battery holder (same as before).

What I said wrong was that the batteries from MyRCMart is not v911 batteries. That's wrong. They do sell v911 replacements with the holder already attached.

But they also sell the battery holder, which I believe is what is needed to make a SP battery a v911 battery.

Sorry about the mistake I made earlier.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:00 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgnelson View Post
I loved the DSM2 mod you did for the 9x, but I had a few questions regarding how you did it. I've seen your webpage and find it very helpful but again, I still have a few questions, would you mind answering them for me here or sending me to a page with the answers (I tried searching for these, but I couldn't find them on the Turnigy 9x discussion, it's gotten so large).

The first question I have is how you placed the switch for turning the DSM2 module on, did you simply wire a SPST switch to the 3.3v power line?

The other question I have is, is it necessary to some how disable the Turnigy's own 2.4 ghz transmitter, and if so, how did you do that?

The last question (for now at least) is I've seen you discuss the er9x firmware being used to control the DSM2 transmitter being switched on, but I haven't seen it in the er9x firmware (and I'm running version 648 ), am I just not seeing it properly in the er9x menu?

Thanks so much.
I wired it to a SPST switch. When I turn on the DSM module, the power to the rear module is turned off.

I found the best way not to stress the internal 3.3v regulator is to use one dedicated to the DSM module. You can harvest one in the RTF transmitter if you're going to take the DSM module from there anyways.

Heli Pad has that TX you may have seen in my photo now. I used a broken blade to make a mount to hold the switch. But you can mount the switch anywhere really. If you did a battery mod, then you should have plenty of room in the battery compartment to put switches.

Some people mounted it towards the top of the transmitter. It's easier to cut/file at that location. I believe they shared photos of their work on that er9x thread.

I forgot which Firmware is necessary for the DMS2 protocol. You should be on the latest 657 anyways. They may have committed new code to help refine the workings of the DSM2 protocol even more. To fix the issue some where having with mCPX.

As far as the firmware being able to switch on and off modules automatically. That's still in the works. The idea is to use an electronics switch instead of a manual one. And when you switch models, the appropriate module will turn on automatically.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 07, 2012, 01:55 PM
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Thanks, Hayabusa. I said it wrong in post #753. So, let me do this again. The theory is:
V911 battery = Solo Pro battery + battery holder (same as before).

What I said wrong was that the batteries from MyRCMart is not v911 batteries. That's wrong. They do sell v911 replacements with the holder already attached.

But they also sell the battery holder, which I believe is what is needed to make a SP battery a v911 battery.

Sorry about the mistake I made earlier.
If we can confirm that SP batteries will work with the holder, would one be better off with SP batteries, like the HK 150mA?
ryknoll3 is offline Find More Posts by ryknoll3
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
servo locked up

Hey guys..new here. Just got my V911 and am having a few problems so thought I'd post here and see if anyone knows what's going on with my bird.
The first strange thing is one of the servos (as in picture) is locked up when the heli binds..can't seem to get it to stay down..is there a way to initialize this? Second thing is my heli seems to fly ok, but is twisted sideways a bit in the air...not front to back, but side to side...maybe battery isn't centered? or is there some adjustment I can make with the servos or trim? Thanks
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:11 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
V911 Swash question

If I buy the Solo Pro metal kit described in the photo can I just use the swash plate or do I have to install the entire kit??
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:22 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
I finally got my V911, this one I bought from Tomtop at Ebay. The box was damaged by shipping (was not packaged properly) and the Canopy was cracked. The batteries front plastic took apart. I will contact the seller to see why it was shipped like that, Tomtop usually has a good customer service.

The heli and Tx are working, and after some difficulties binding, I think I found that the procedure is like the Solo Pro. I am not sure, but I think the throttle stick has like the SP a push button underneath - if so the procedure is this (I am not sure it will work for those whos their throttle is not zero):
1. Turn on the heli (put battery in).
2. Put the heli on a stable surface.
3. Move throttle stick all the way down.
4. Push inside the throttle stick.
5. While holding the throttle stick pushed, turn on the Tx.
6. Wait for the Tx to stop beeping.

For those which their throttle stick is not zero, check for mechanical issue in their Tx - my throttle stick can be moved all the way down (as the aileron/elevator stick).

I flew the heli indoors and outdoors and it is very nice and worth the price. Its speed is quite good and cyclics are very smooth. I didn't like the battery holder, the battery is not sliding nicely to it and each time there is a struggle. The Piro Rate is quite amazing and I still need to get used to it ( I am used to the Solo Pro). The heli seems to be quite noisy and gives the feeling of being inferior in quality than the SP - but it flies very nice and is quite durable (maybe even more than the SP).

The stock Tx is quite toy'ish and controls are too sensitive for rudder and throttle and less for cyclics. The SP stock Tx is definitely better in quality and options than the V911 stock Tx - but I am sure that the optional 9x upgrade will overcome all of the disadvantages (expo settings will provide a good sensitivity to all controls) and will be superior than the SP Tx, which can't be replaced by a programmed one. The biggest advantage of it on the SP is the Rx, which costs less then half of the SP Rx and I hope will last longer (SP Rx's are subject to a lot of malfunctions - servos stuck, transistors are burned, main chip are going crazy, bad wiring and soldering, cracks on PCB and more).

Batteries and chargers are cheap (price and quality), but do their work - I think upgrade is needed, because flight times and power are too short and dropping fast.
The battery is different than the SP, as they have knobs on the sides. If you wrap it with another holder, they won't fit (will be too wide). SP batteries can be used with a support underneath (as already been suggested, with zip tie or similiar solution) - I think that SP skids will be a better solution for it (just needs to find some durable ones).

I trimmed the heli (mechanical) for almost stable hover (I couldn't completely get rid of a forward drift) with Tx trims centered. When you mechanicly trim it, before changing the length of the servo rods, check if the servo arm is centered at 90 degrees to the servo metal rod - this will give you an identical throw to both directions of the servo movement (related to the circular movement of the servo arm). I still need to check my theory on a simple mod to increase the servos throw (posted on the begining of the thread).

I didn't have more problems with canopy or gormets besides being cracked on arrival (a new term - COA :-)). The canopy gormets looks tight, but if they'll get off, it will be hard to find them. I think the canopy is held quite good even without the gormets, but these gormets can be upgraded to Solo Pro gormets easily - which I think will make the heli less noisy.

For summary, this is a very nice heli with a great price for RTF and parts, it is upgradeble (Tx and SP upgrades), it flies quite good on stock form and is quite durable. There are some issues with binding, glued stuff, loosened parts - but they are minor, as all can be fixed in a low price. Furthermore, some big and good sellers like BangGood, MyRcMart, Tomtop, HeliPal, HobbyKing and more are selling these helis and parts so availability is good.

I hope that a BNF version (without Tx) will come out soon with a price tag of less than 30$ shipped - it will make these heli to be sold in thousands.
Aaron, you asked info for what can you do for parts and prices, this is the best - offer a BNF version without the Tx for less than 30$ shipped, or even without the charger, batteries, spares, beautiful box for less than 25$ shipped.
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Last edited by asanado; Jan 07, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:36 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerbreak View Post
Hey guys..new here. Just got my V911 and am having a few problems so thought I'd post here and see if anyone knows what's going on with my bird.
The first strange thing is one of the servos (as in picture) is locked up when the heli binds..can't seem to get it to stay down..is there a way to initialize this? Second thing is my heli seems to fly ok, but is twisted sideways a bit in the air...not front to back, but side to side...maybe battery isn't centered? or is there some adjustment I can make with the servos or trim? Thanks
I haven't worked with this particular servo before, but what it struck me is that it has a screw in the center. Could you try to loosen the screw and reposition the servo arm back to center, then lock it back down with the screw? It's a long shot, but unless you have another idea?
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:40 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
computerbreak: I concur with Heli Pad. Just unscrew the center screw. Turn on both heli and transmitter. Let the servo center itself. Then screw back on the servo arm so it's 90 degrees.

Heli Pad: Time to get a V911. You've been pretty helpful on here. Have you seen the photos of the red edition HeliPal has up? You know it's pretty!

The V911 is going to be the better indoor flier. You already have a Turnigy 9x.

Billy and I are going to convince you once we get ours. LOL
Old Jan 07, 2012, 03:41 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
If I buy the Solo Pro metal kit described in the photo can I just use the swash plate or do I have to install the entire kit??
I don't see why not.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
I don't see why not. Then send whatever you're not using to Daryoon.

Why don't you want to install the whole kit after spending good money on it? I would.
Old Jan 07, 2012, 04:19 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
40 Posts
broken servo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
computerbreak: I concur with Heli Pad. Just unscrew the center screw. Turn on both heli and transmitter. Let the servo center itself. Then screw back on the servo arm so it's 90 degrees.

Heli Pad: Time to get a V911. You've been pretty helpful on here. Have you seen the photos of the red edition HeliPal has up? You know it's pretty!

The V911 is going to be the better indoor flier. You already have a Turnigy 9x.

Billy and I are going to convince you once we get ours. LOL
Thanks for the tips guys..it didn't work though. It was working yesterday then flew it today and noticed..after it wasn't flying at all..that's usually a sign of something right?
Anyway here's how it looks: before I insert the battery and turn on transmitter, the arm is horozontal, then goes straight up after binding...as in pic. The other strange this is there is a constant high pitched buzz I can even hear from across the room...any more ideas?
computerbreak is offline Find More Posts by computerbreak