Old May 14, 2012, 12:38 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreSG View Post
Try the following:

1. Lubricate the various joins and bearings. It really does help increase efficiency and increase lift.
Do not over lubricate the main blade pivots ... it will cause the heli to "shudder". This was something I discovered a while ago, and posted about it then.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
considering cost of cf if extreme price is any indication this idea will not be adopted. at least i hope not since low cost of this heli is the only reason myself and other locals showed interest in the first place. we do not need "walkera pricing" here. imo except for suggestions to reinforce plastic itll be hard to improve on the current design.
IMHO XTreme upgrades are overpriced. Maybe WLToys can make such upgrades cheaper?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old May 14, 2012, 12:39 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Greetings fans of the V911!
I received a box today about the size of a mini fridge!! And in it I found 9 V911s!!! Called the owner to see what it was about and he said it was his way of saying "thank you" for the demonstration video I made for him at the Beijing RC show... was very surprised :P

ANYWAYS, the point of my post is to tell you the other things we talked about in the call:

a) There are models nearing completion that are going to be...quite shocking and unexpected..(I was very surprised when I heard what they were...) :P Stay tuned! He said pre-production samples will come my way so you guys will see it!

b) Paddles are being seriously considered now after my talks with them. They are requesting detailed pictures so if you have them, don't be shy and post them up! Your mod might end up changing the V911's performance!

Anyways, want to guess what the new models might be? :P
Cool news ... can't wait to see what WLToys has in store. I'd volunteer to do some un-biased testing for them if they could send some free samples.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old May 14, 2012, 12:44 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
This.
I also prefer making the CF flybar as a single solid piece as well. As I previously mentioned IMHO the XTreme flybar is not good example of how strong a CF flybar can be due to its design: 2 pieces of CF Rod glued to a weak plastic hub. Adding heavier flybar weights makes the problems worse.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:46 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Cool news ... can't wait to see what WLToys has in store. I'd volunteer to do some un-biased testing for them if they could send some free samples.
+1 on that I'm in also.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old May 14, 2012, 12:48 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Aug 2011
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
barless-mod
accelerated-bell-head-mod
bell-weight light weight mod

to modify V911 is very interesting!!!
I love V911!!!
KKDDMM, how does the barless V911 fly?
Jonathan.kichizi is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan.kichizi
Old May 14, 2012, 12:51 PM
Joined Feb 2007
538 Posts
Maybe just move the canopy or slight redesign to take care of flybar strikes. I second the low cost and durability routes versus any other options.

Here is pic of mod moving canopy. Greatly reduced but did not eliminate flybar strikes, but at least I can fly it aggressively now and any strike doesn't cause out of control like before. In fact on other side black paint is gone where flybar hit and I've had it 1 week. Some aggressive flights now I get no strikes, where before it was almost unflyable in high rates outside.

Moved canopy back and down a little, added grommets.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old May 14, 2012, 12:54 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Do not over lubricate the main blade pivots ... it will cause the heli to "shudder". This was something I discovered a while ago, and posted about it then.
Unless you use pencil graphite, which is what I do.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old May 14, 2012, 01:01 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
+1 on that I'm in also.
pick me! pick me! (eddie murphy voice) no fake positive review here. in fact if they send me 9 new helis ill guarantee a bad review!
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old May 14, 2012, 01:21 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
Maybe just move the canopy or slight redesign to take care of flybar strikes. I second the low cost and durability routes versus any other options.

Here is pic of mod moving canopy. Greatly reduced but did not eliminate flybar strikes, but at least I can fly it aggressively now and any strike doesn't cause out of control like before. In fact on other side black paint is gone where flybar hit and I've had it 1 week. Some aggressive flights now I get no strikes, where before it was almost unflyable in high rates outside.

Moved canopy back and down a little, added grommets.
This is why I swtiched to the Solo Pro canopy. It weighs less and has a lower profile than the stock V911 canopy allowing even more flybar clearance.

Maybe a combo of repositioning, a lower profile canopy, stiffer grade flybar plastic, shorter flybar might be easiest method to help reduce or eliminate flybar strikes during aggressive high rates flying if the CF rod option is a no go.
Last edited by Brosol; May 14, 2012 at 02:49 PM.
Old May 14, 2012, 01:28 PM
Joined Aug 2006
819 Posts
Quote:
Anyways, want to guess what the new models might be? :P
I'm hoping for a cheap quad.
derelicte is offline Find More Posts by derelicte
Old May 14, 2012, 01:37 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
I'm hoping for a cheap quad.
That would be so sweet if it can bind to my FS-TH9X 9x Tx.
Old May 14, 2012, 01:39 PM
mCP-X, mSR, 9958, v911, DX6i
Joined Jul 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
anyways, want to guess what the new models might be?
Flybarless!
Luftwaffel is offline Find More Posts by Luftwaffel
Old May 14, 2012, 01:41 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Greetings fans of the V911!
I received a box today about the size of a mini fridge!! And in it I found 9 V911s!!! Called the owner to see what it was about and he said it was his way of saying "thank you" for the demonstration video I made for him at the Beijing RC show... was very surprised :P
:P
Wow nine V911s. Are you going to try to fly them all at once?
Old May 14, 2012, 01:53 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
I also prefer making the CF flybar as a single solid piece as well. As I previously mentioned IMHO the XTreme flybar is not good example of how strong a CF flybar can be due to its design: 2 pieces of CF Rod glued to a weak plastic hub. Adding heavier flybar weights makes the problems worse.
And HOW would you want to make this a 1-piece flybar?? I highly doubt this is even possible ...,
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread