HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 13, 2012, 04:30 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
Indoors flight hazard. Red Copter is OK.

Easter decoration -No Survivors
I see no furniture in the picture for the easter decoration to sit on...you must've been in dual rates and really smacked that poor little thing to move it that far.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2012, 06:15 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,323 Posts
Too windy again today, so a short indoor flight...still can not believe how stable this heli is....

My Movie (2 min 34 sec)
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old May 13, 2012, 07:15 PM
Quad guys are 4x the fun :)
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Mar 2012
833 Posts
Hey Jake how much CCW stuff do you do with your 911? I'm gettin better at all the time, when my freakin Tx works that is. The 911's control characteristics are totally different doin CCW stuff, as I'm sure you know. I'm to the point that I'm just about able to smoothly pull off nice circles in reverse both CW & CCW.
BD Murdock is offline Find More Posts by BD Murdock
Old May 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Murdock View Post
Hey Jake how much CCW stuff do you do with your 911? I'm gettin better at all the time, when my freakin Tx works that is. The 911's control characteristics are totally different doin CCW stuff, as I'm sure you know. I'm to the point that I'm just about able to smoothly pull off nice circles in reverse both CW & CCW.
My living room isn't very big (live in a mobile home), but I have done them....was flying great today, and on the last flight, it flew really bad.....took a good look with my flashlight and found that the swash had separated Put in a spare swash and flys great again.hmmmm..
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old May 13, 2012, 07:57 PM
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
anyone tried those Chinese cnc swash plates?
mustangman65_79 is offline Find More Posts by mustangman65_79
Old May 13, 2012, 08:07 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman65_79 View Post
anyone tried those Chinese cnc swash plates?

which ones are you talking about?
these?
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

there are several different versions out there, since recently also in red and blue (originally they came only silver)
I bought a few of them for my 911īs because i had found a vendor where the whole kit cost only 7$ shipped (no more ...)
For this price it was well worth it, even though the only part I wanted was the UPPER part of the swash (not even the whole swash, because it weighs 2.2g vs. the 0.3 of the stock swash ... and that is really not necessary, even if you are into bling)
Anyway, since I installed the upper part into my stock lower part I did not have ONE single swash separation anymore ... and that alone was well worth it, considering before my stock swash basically separated in every crash ... and I did crash a LOT!!!
(if you want to read more about the kit, feel free to take a peek:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=68

bling is always a "hot potato" ... if you try to seriously discuss it on here, youre pretty likely to get burnt ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old May 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined May 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
which ones are you talking about?
these?
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html

there are several different versions out there, since recently also in red and blue (originally they came only silver)
I bought a few of them for my 911īs because i had found a vendor where the whole kit cost only 7$ shipped (no more ...)
For this price it was well worth it, even though the only part I wanted was the UPPER part of the swash (not even the whole swash, because it weighs 2.2g vs. the 0.3 of the stock swash ... and that is really not necessary, even if you are into bling)
Anyway, since I installed the upper part into my stock lower part I did not have ONE single swash separation anymore ... and that alone was well worth it, considering before my stock swash basically separated in every crash ... and I did crash a LOT!!!
(if you want to read more about the kit, feel free to take a peek:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=68

bling is always a "hot potato" ... if you try to seriously discuss it on here, youre pretty likely to get burnt ...
I did not order the shaft, but I got it from ebay, it does look like that.
I thought about giving it a try, because it seemed like there was a lot of play in the stock part. I guess I will see.
mustangman65_79 is offline Find More Posts by mustangman65_79
Old May 13, 2012, 09:18 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
382 Posts
You know, I think I should have bought a BNF earlier than I did. I really think this BNF flies better than my original RTF even though they're the same revision. I know my tail motor on the RTF was burning to the touch since day one no matter how much I lubed it. The BNF is just barely warm after flying two packs back to back.

My RTF also used to raise the tail higher when piro'ing ccw up to about 25 degrees. BNF stays flat.
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old May 13, 2012, 09:20 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
I think it was more of a design exercise than anything else.

Does it make it a better or more serviceable flyer? Probably not, just makes it more fragile......but it looks cool!
I see it as a successful experiment and very interesting. GREAT WORK.
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old May 13, 2012, 09:53 PM
Joined May 2006
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
Remove the screw holding the flybar and detach the links. Lift up the flybar, rotate it 180 degrees, and reinstall everything. I had minor TBE too on my V911 and that fixed it.

The toilet bowl effect on my Xieda 9958 was absolutely hopeless.

You sir are awesome! THANK YOU!
Dimension7 is offline Find More Posts by Dimension7
Old May 13, 2012, 10:36 PM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
just ordered a 2nd BNF v911 to play with blue/white version/5 batteries and 4 flybar combos, Massive what is the link for just the paddles to be put on the stock flybar seeing as i tried the CF one days ago and it didnt go so well.. .even after i bent the back straight it had such a huge vibration that it killed the rest of the heli lol.. no biggie tho... still love this little guy considering i spent close to $100 back in the day on airhogs and also syma s107's and a the new 4 channel syma even though that thing is decent : )
gimps777 is offline Find More Posts by gimps777
Old May 13, 2012, 10:56 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Brosol,

I don't really see the point of the tail rotor shaft.
From what I can see in the picture it's still using a separate motor to spin to tail rotor, just in much more complicated way.
Why not just leave the tail motor at the tail?

I think I can see how it could be cool if the tail rotor was belt or shaft driven off the main/gear motor and had a servo
and push rod to adjust the pitch of the tail rotor.

I'm surely missing something - what is it!!?

B!LL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
By moving the tail motor to main frame, you increase center of gravity, and by not hanging it off the boom, you'll get much faster response both in rudder control as well as fore\aft. You can also move the tail rotor further out for more leverage without as much penalty from the motor itself being out there as well.
Another benefit is a more powerful but heavier motor such as the 7mm dia Walkera 4G3 tail motor can be used due to positioning closer to the COG.

Hanging such a larger motor off the tail boom end would make the heli too tail heavy.

1.89g 6mm Bravo SX Tail Motor
2.41g 7mm Walkera 4G3 Tail Motor
2.71g 7mm Bravo III Motor

The 4G3 motor holder is made from bits from a Bravo III frame & V911 tail motor holder to fit & slide along the V911 tail boom & fixed into position by a screw.

The 4G3 tail motor also seems to be just warm & run cooler than a Bravo SX or V911 tail motor after a flight. I hope this means it will last longer too. I also want to experiment using cheaper & more available 7mm motors.
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; May 14, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:57 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,673 Posts
weird, I had my modded CF paddle flybar for well over 100 flights - barely any real problems. (... and it only took about a week and a half after I had written to MM that we need the paddles individually before they started selling them ... since then I ordered many CF flybars and a few more paddles from them - and I still only have one fatality among the CF bars ...)

... and even if I am not MO, here ya go:
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8593
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old May 13, 2012, 11:40 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
I think it was more of a design exercise than anything else.

Does it make it a better or more serviceable flyer? Probably not, just makes it more fragile......but it looks cool!
I also did it as a mod challenge and way to recycle Bravo III & Solo coaxial parts such as: motor holder from the frame, bearings.....etc. I used plug & play motor connections to easily switch between tail boom setups: a end mounted Bravo SX tail motor or the 4G3 tail motor gear shaft drive setup.

Yes its a more fragile setup....How durable will the drive shaft & tail gear parts be from crashes? I'm thinking about ways to make a slip clutch to protect the 4G3 tail motor & drive gears from stripping if the tail rotor jams from a crash or hit.

I hope my improving flyings skills will keep crashes to a minimum.
Last edited by Brosol; May 14, 2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old May 14, 2012, 12:19 AM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
EQMOD's NEO Charging your Brushed Heli Motors for insanely fast KV / RPMs

Another interesting tail motor related mod to try Thanks to EQMOD.

Doing experiments using neodymium magnets on a Bravo SX & 4G3 tail motors to: increase motor KV / RPM performance, run cooler & last longer:

I wonder about ways for installing NEO mags on a Bravo SX main motor in its motor holder. Would there be any benefits to cancel the weight increase from the magnets?

- NEO Charging your Brushed Heli Motors for insanely fast KV / RPMs
EQMOD: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1415262
EQMOD: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=39
EQMOD: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=18
EQMOD: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=31
UliZ: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=44

EQMOD:

UliZ:
Last edited by Brosol; May 14, 2012 at 04:53 AM.