HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2011, 01:53 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
. . . It will complete it for me as I already have my mSR and 9958 controlled by my 9x. . . .
OK I missed that part - was that a more complicated mod on the 9x or something that a rookie can do? Would it be easier with the modular Flysky 9x?
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Last edited by gordonzo; Dec 12, 2011 at 01:53 PM. Reason: more
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
gordonzo: You take the DSM2 module from the RTF transmitter like the MLP4DSM or similar TX (some of us have several). Or, if you want full range, take the module out of DX4e, DX5e, HP6DSM, etc... transmitters. (These modules are actually the same as that used in the DX6i for example)

Three wires and you got a Turnigy 9x that will allow you to bind and fly any DSM2 compatible models or RX.

http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/11/mod...4dsm-wired-up/

Plus, here's a bonus, putting the 4ch MLP4DSM into a turnigy will allow you to automatically have 6ch. Possibly more, but nobody own and reported result with a DSM2 RX with more than 6ch.

Now you can use DSM2 RX boards like these that only weigh in at 4.4g.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=12586
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:25 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
1,897 Posts
Quote:
gordonzo: You take the DSM2 module from the RTF transmitter like the MLP4DSM or similar TX (some of us have several). Or, if you want full range, take the module out of DX4e, DX5e, HP6DSM, etc... transmitters. (These modules are actually the same as that used in the DX6i for example)

Three wires and you got a Turnigy 9x that will allow you to bind and fly any DSM2 compatible models or RX.

http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/11/mod...4dsm-wired-up/

Plus, here's a bonus, putting the 4ch MLP4DSM into a turnigy will allow you to automatically have 6ch. Possibly more, but nobody own and reported result with a DSM2 RX with more than 6ch.

Now you can use DSM2 RX boards like these that only weigh in at 4.4g.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=12586
OK it looks like something I could do with a bit of extra help from you.

Did you put in a switch or something so you can still run the 9958?
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:02 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
Yup. I'd be glad to help. If you were closer, I'd even mod it for you.

I did put a switch in to toggle between the two radio modules. Bit others didn't bother with this and it seems to work fine for them.

On the er9x thread, they are coming up with the schematic to add a transistor or something like that to allow the radio to programmatically switch between the modules. So basically, load the mSR model and the DSM module is the one that is enabled. Pretty sweet stuff.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:04 PM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
I found a previous post with question about swapping TX sticks from mode1 to mode2 and viceversa, but still no answer.
Anyone knows if it's possible, like with the Trex100S TX?

Thanks.
Please, I need the information above because my italian friends found an ebay vendor with fast and good shipping costs for Italy but no mention of the TX mode (like FocalPrice.....you know...)

Thanks very much.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Dec 12, 2011, 08:04 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Some questions answered

Regarding Daryoon's question of using the receiver board for the 911 on the SP:
There is a problem with using the main board from the V911 on the SP frame... as the board is heavier than the SP board..you will get a nose heavy heli (the V911 has a longer tail boom to compensate for the weight up front).

Regarding Helicopcat's question of Mode 1/Mode 2 change:
There are no sockets like that of the TRex TX...so you will have to take apart the TX to change from mode 1 to mode 2. The complexity of doing so varies between transmitters and since I have not taken mine apart I do not know if it's possible (as there are no servo reversing functions on this Tx).
I have not seen anyone sell the V911 in mode 1 before...looks like it's all mode 2 (throttle on the left).

Regarding Asanado's mod:
The V911 is pretty responsive under high rates... extending the servo arms may help but the stock servo arms are pretty long... there is a very tiny gap between the end of the stock servo arm and the canopy... so either you will have to re-design a wider canopy or not use it at all in order to fly it with a longer arm.
================================================== ================
Things missed in the review:
-The main shaft of the V911 is metal, which I'm guessing helps with the stability..
-Flying the heli without the canopy is NOT RECOMMENDED. I tried to test it without the canopy and the receiver wire broke under a very slight crash... had to change the Rx board.
- The TX does not have mode 1/mode 2 selection..it is mode 2 by default
- The TX DOES HAVE trim memory.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 12, 2011, 11:52 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
OK it looks like something I could do with a bit of extra help from you.

Did you put in a switch or something so you can still run the 9958?
I put a white LED behind the speaker grill. White because the owner, Heli Pad requested that color. Don't let the photo fool you. It's so bright, I had to put a diffusor to cut down the brightness some. Basically, the internal LED glow = internal DSM2 module is ON.

The switch at the top toggle between the internal DSM2 module and the module installed in the back. Kindda hard to see the switch in this photo. It's to the left of the Spektrum logo.

A better photo of the ON indicator...my TX with green LED:

Here's the relevant post: http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/12/spe...e-from-hp6dsm/
Last edited by Daryoon; Dec 13, 2011 at 12:46 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 03:36 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Guys I just got off the phone with the owner (!) of WLToys... (I was trying to reach their engineering department)... anyways..

guess what?! There is a very sharp looking new color scheme!

(sorry for the watermark..couldnt find any other pics..)

AND they do apparently have Mode 1 available! (sorry for the previous confusion)

I asked why the heli wasnt made with plugs on the RX board and he said it was too expensive to do so.. and that the heli was aimed for the toy market (price) with hobby grade performance

They are setting up an engineering department so I guess that's why the customer service phone number connected me to the owner of the company... he offered to replace my damaged RX board for free! good customer service if anything
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jameschen072; Dec 14, 2011 at 01:27 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:00 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
Good job and thanks for the report james.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:40 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Good job and thanks for the report james.
You are very welcome!

& Asanado: did you recieve your V911 yet? let us know if you decide to go forward with the mod.. if it works out I'll give it a go too!
===============================================

btw here's a video on the site where i got my heli from...
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzIyOTQ2MjEy.html
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:51 AM
The Netherlands, Utrecht, Amersfoort
Joined Oct 2004
2,193 Posts
Now also a clone is available from Hobbyking: Mode 2 and Mode 1 both are US$ 36.95.

CrashingDutchman is offline Find More Posts by CrashingDutchman
Old Dec 14, 2011, 06:52 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
You are very welcome!

& Asanado: did you recieve your V911 yet? let us know if you decide to go forward with the mod.. if it works out I'll give it a go too!
===============================================
I didn't get it yet - when I'll get it, I'll check the feasibility of this mod and what is required in order to implement it. It may take some time...
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Dec 14, 2011, 04:20 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,618 Posts
It's funny how HobbyKing initially named this heli the "Trex 100 clone" before renaming it FP100.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 05:07 PM
working to the closest cm
brisbane australia
Joined Nov 2002
2,127 Posts
I must stop buying micro helicopeters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDutchman View Post
Now also a clone is available from Hobbyking: Mode 2 and Mode 1 both are US$ 36.95.

Thanks for the 'headsup'
I found a buddy code here..
http://hk.rc-international.info/swarm/

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F-A8770957C447

picked up 2 mode1 helis for $30.98* plus shipping - they added a 180gm box in the order.

Looking forward to having a new heli for Christmas.

cheers jeff

jirvin_4505 is offline Find More Posts by jirvin_4505
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:31 AM
Joined Dec 2011
33 Posts
Am I right in assuming that the Hobbyking FP100 2.4Ghz 4CH Micro Helicopter Mode 2 (RTF) sold on HobbyKing is the same as what MyRcMart are selling here: http://www.myrcmart.com/wl-v911-24g-...er-p-4221.html because I think I might get this over the 9958 and the Solo Pro 260A now
StringBean is offline Find More Posts by StringBean