SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 10, 2012, 04:54 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
@Stickman, I agree with your viewpoint..the reason this helicopter is so popular is largely in part to it's price. I will communicate with WLToys and ask them to keep the original (current) version and do as many improvements without adding to the price. If there are changes so drastically different that it would add a lot to the price, I would ask them to market them as special versions instead of replacing the original version that we all love.

As to the previous comments...the following are in the works.

- Head with metal or CF rod feathering shaft to fix shudders & vibrations

- CF flybar with a robust pivot hub instead of wet noodle flybars

- Lower profile canopy

- Plug N Play motor connections

- Rx overcurrent protection to protect motors & Rx MOSFETS

@Massive Overkill: I sent Mr. Cai information about the paddle mods, but they only told me they will consider it.. I think the odds of paddles making it to the production model are slim, but I'll call and ask again.

The mentioned improvements are going to trickle into the market and you might not see these birds right away... but they are in the works and we've all seen improvements trickle down already.
Thanks James. I have not had a single flybar strike with paddles on my stock flybar. The only thing their 'competition' has over them is the ability for better outdoor flight in windy conditions. They can completely eliminate this advantage with the paddle mod. I'm even willing to send my modded V911 for them to evaluate if they want, just send me the the latest BNF as a replacement.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 04:55 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskky View Post
Put a dozen batteries through a couple of the little champs on a playing field this afternoon.

Conditions were good with light breezes, so no dramas but it is really noticeable how underpowered they are when you can fly them in open areas.

Has anyone fitted a more powerful main motor and if so what were the results
Check my blog for upgrading to the BravoSX motor. Nothing but positive results.
Site Sponsor
Old May 10, 2012, 04:56 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Thanks James. I have not had a single flybar strike with paddles on my stock flybar. The only thing their 'competition' has over them is the ability for better outdoor flight in windy conditions. They can completely eliminate this advantage with the paddle mod. I'm even willing to send my modded V911 for them to evaluate if they want, just send me the the latest BNF as a replacement.
+1

Actually, in fact, +1000

Paddles would be great, and eliminating flybar strikes is a huge positive.
Cost difference would have to be pretty marginal.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old May 10, 2012, 05:04 AM
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Anyone else get massive corner momentum when doing a right hand turn to say a quick little spin around when doing a left turn. Not sure if this is normal as its my first single rotor Heli
dazr33 is offline Find More Posts by dazr33
Old May 10, 2012, 05:07 AM
Australia, QLD, Kangaroo Point
Joined Mar 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Check my blog for upgrading to the BravoSX motor. Nothing but positive results.
Good blog you have there mate, will track down a BravoSX motor but wiring it all up has me nervous anyway I'll work it out.
ruskky is offline Find More Posts by ruskky
Old May 10, 2012, 05:07 AM
Joined Aug 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I'll pass this request on to WLToys and get back to you... I'm thinking it might require re-tooling with the landing skid and the canopy.. so it might not make it to production... doesn't hurt to try though.
May be not, if you insert the battery like in the Solo Pro, it could be an easy change to shift the centre of gravity to the front...
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP
Old May 10, 2012, 05:15 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazr33 View Post
Anyone else get massive corner momentum when doing a right hand turn to say a quick little spin around when doing a left turn. Not sure if this is normal as its my first single rotor Heli
high rates are needed to do a nice and fast left turn.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:17 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Can any one comment on this battery?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=14890

Or even this one?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...NE4950001.html

I am looking at order fillers at hobbyking, and one of my two batteries has a bad connector.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:17 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Just found this sucka, doubt the V911 would fly well, if at all with this battery:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._NE_B923_.html
Old May 10, 2012, 05:21 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruskky View Post
Good blog you have there mate, will track down a BravoSX motor but wiring it all up has me nervous anyway I'll work it out.
Thanks, I can't speak for the white-capped motor, but I got my black-capped motor from Ampmodel.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___FP View Post
May be not, if you insert the battery like in the Solo Pro, it could be an easy change to shift the centre of gravity to the front...
The only mod I had to do to mine was remove the glued-on stock battery stop at the front of the frame. This part isn't even needed for the stock battery. No other mods to the chasis are really needed. Now the stock battery charger would probably need remolding to charge both stock and E-flght style batteries:

Site Sponsor
Old May 10, 2012, 05:21 AM
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
high rates are needed to do a nice and fast left turn.
I've only flew mine in the back yard and tried the higher rate one, was a bad case of over steering. Was pretty hard considering the amount of trees and the clothes line. Might take it down the oval and give it a go on a nice day, I'll have a bit more room for error there
Old May 10, 2012, 05:25 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazr33 View Post
I've only flew mine in the back yard and tried the higher rate one, was a bad case of over steering. Was pretty hard considering the amount of trees and the clothes line. Might take it down the oval and give it a go on a nice day, I'll have a bit more room for error there
Are you using the stock tx?
I found high rates to be very awkward on the stock tx, it has no feel whatsoever. Typical toy grade 'controller' would hardly call it a tx.

I use a Turnigy 9X, I have it for use with multiple planes and helis, but couldn't justify the cost for flying with just this heli.
The new tx posted a page or two back looks to be a good comprimise.
Old May 10, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Jan 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
Are you using the stock tx?
I found high rates to be very awkward on the stock tx, it has no feel whatsoever. Typical toy grade 'controller' would hardly call it a tx.

I use a Turnigy 9X, I have it for use with multiple planes and helis, but couldn't justify the cost for flying with just this heli.
The new tx posted a page or two back looks to be a good comprimise.
Yeah I'm just using the stock one, doubt if I'll go out and buy another but yeah I'd prefer it if they had of kept almost the same yaw controlling as the low rate with the cyclic controls of the high, that turning is far too quick
Old May 10, 2012, 08:18 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,180 Posts
Get used to the stock TX... it's not that bad!

While the stock TX is not as good as a Turngy 9X, you should be able to manage your heli after some training. At the start it'll be quite frustrating but as you get used to the sensitivities and limits of the controls, you'll know what to do and when to do.

In just 4 days of training, I am able to do high speed coordinated banked turns without crashing or flybar striking the canopy.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old May 10, 2012, 09:45 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Just flip it over to blow the other way and you're all set
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC