HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 09, 2012, 05:57 AM
Registered User
seefest's Avatar
United States, MA, Bristol
Joined Sep 2009
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension7 View Post
It's my second day of owning a V911 and having a blast with it.

Quick question folks, aside from getting a BNF, what other parts should I anticipate to replace?
I've had mine for two months and crashed it numerous times. No damage other than a broken wire on the tail rotor motor. Just cut the throttle when you know you're going to crash.
seefest is offline Find More Posts by seefest
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 08:02 AM
I love MOD! & WALKERA & V911!
KKDDMM's Avatar
China, Guangdong, Shenzhen
Joined Jan 2012
339 Posts
Uploading movie is very difficult in CHINA......

Quote:
Originally Posted by derelicte View Post
let me guess - it crashed?

people do fly without flybars - either mechanical or electronic. you need a lot of expo. search for nobars. although I haven't seen a report of someone flying something this small without a flybar.

got any video?

4IN1=REV.04

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzkzODI3MDc2.html
KKDDMM is online now Find More Posts by KKDDMM
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 08:44 AM
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,674 Posts
today I flew the V911 in some 20km/hr winds and with the paddles at the farthest out on the cf flybar I was able to penetrate the wind but it is very unstable indoors with this mod so I tried moving the paddles further in and the stability was much better almost like with sock flybar but in the wind I couldn t penetrate and had to land it about 40-50 ft away from me!!
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 08:45 AM
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,674 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
Interesting is it quite stable or do you have to counteract every move with stock tx?
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 09:44 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,394 Posts
Night flying

Just flew 2 batteries worth of flight at night! Did some figure 8s at a well-light badminton court below my apartment. Even under the spotlight, the black/orange V911 was quite hard to see, especially when it flies to places where the background is the black surrounding. Maybe I should spray the skids white and swap on white rotor blades fromy my Jiuchon...

Got the hang of smooth banked turns. Flybar hardly strikes the canopy now.
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 09:47 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
FyreSG's Avatar
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,394 Posts
Wow, FBL FP V911!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
What do you mean by 4IN1=REV.04?

Saw the video, wow! Can anyone explain how it is possible to fly without the flybar? How to stablize the heli without the flybar?
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 10:06 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
Proud Infidel's Avatar
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimension7 View Post
aside from getting a BNF, what other parts should I anticipate to replace?
Wait for something to break.

In my many crashes, only my canopy got badly cracked and my landing gear busted, which I fixed. If one V911 gets grounded, you have a second one.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 10:39 AM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
Why do people think wd40 is not a lubricant?
I wouldn't dare to say wd40 is not a lubricant since it is made up of oil. I've lubed all my motors with it I think and it does make them spin easier. Just a tiny dab right into the shaft hole.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wd40 "Function:The long-term active ingredient is a non-volatile, viscous oil which remains on the surface, providing lubrication and protection from moisture."
http://www.wd40.com/ Lubrication...
WD40 is mainly a penetrating oil, meant for breaking up corrosion and displacing water. it's main ingredient is mineral spirits (51% Stoddard solvent i.e., mineral spirits: primarily hexane, somewhat similar to kerosene). What ever Mineral oil they add to it is not up to the task in high load or high speed applications. There is a lot of technology that goes into lubricants, and they tune them for specific jobs.

I love WD40 in the right application, for breaking free a rusted, or stubborn bolt it is hard to beat. Got a sticky drawer? A little WD40 will solve the problem for a little bit. I also use it when I am hand sanding the knives I make, it works much better than soap and water when wet sanding steel to a mirror finish
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 12:49 PM
MassiveOverkill's Avatar
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
today I flew the V911 in some 20km/hr winds and with the paddles at the farthest out on the cf flybar I was able to penetrate the wind but it is very unstable indoors with this mod so I tried moving the paddles further in and the stability was much better almost like with sock flybar but in the wind I couldn t penetrate and had to land it about 40-50 ft away from me!!
Refresh my memory, what other mods have you done?
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old May 09, 2012, 01:03 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKDDMM View Post
So I broke my flybar and attempted what you have demonstrated... didn't work. I couldn't keep the thing in the air more than 5 seconds.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 01:22 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
So I broke my flybar and attempted what you have demonstrated... didn't work. I couldn't keep the thing in the air more than 5 seconds.
I only got a glance of the blades, but it looks like there may be some weight added to the ends of them to help with stability.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 01:31 PM
Registered User
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
So I broke my flybar and attempted what you have demonstrated... didn't work. I couldn't keep the thing in the air more than 5 seconds.
It is simply difficult but still possible. Basically the only inertia to provide stabilization would be the rotor blades. Some multi-blade heads have enough mass there, that they don't need flybar nor electronic stabilization.

I have tried flying V911 without flybar weights. That was quite easy when the empty flybar was still there. There were no flybar strikes after the weights were removed.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 01:36 PM
Beware the Axis of Weasel.
thewildweasel's Avatar
Plymouth, Devon
Joined May 2007
2,473 Posts
The good news is, mine's arrived from BG after only 2 weeks so I can play here now instead of just reading: the bad news is, the main motor's shot... It starts intermittently and only gives about 1 minute of flight before being right down by the floor, and has no punch in the minute I do get. I tried lubing the shaft but no joy. Not a real problem, I'm good at soldering from the days I flew actuator controlled planes, and I think I've got a few 8.5mm motors in my spares box somewhere.

Mine's a blue and white one, rev 5 board, old style tail motor holder and what appears to be a 'mkII' tx - the piro rate is slower than on my mcx2 so the 1k resistors and 5k rheostat I bought the other day aren't needed. Also, the crystal is siliconed to the board so it appears that that's been noted by the manufacturer. Overall, I'm very impressed. A few turns on the control rods to the swash and it hovers hands-free. I'm not too fussed about the motor; I've been flying micro rc long enough to know that some are better than others and some are just DOA, and for the cost of a couple of components a few years ago I'm pretty happy overall.
thewildweasel is offline Find More Posts by thewildweasel
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 02:18 PM
Sir Crashalot
stonecutter's Avatar
Joined Oct 2011
2,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewildweasel View Post
The good news is, mine's arrived from BG after only 2 weeks so I can play here now instead of just reading: the bad news is, the main motor's shot... It starts intermittently and only gives about 1 minute of flight before being right down by the floor, and has no punch in the minute I do get. I tried lubing the shaft but no joy. Not a real problem, I'm good at soldering from the days I flew actuator controlled planes, and I think I've got a few 8.5mm motors in my spares box somewhere.

Mine's a blue and white one, rev 5 board, old style tail motor holder and what appears to be a 'mkII' tx - the piro rate is slower than on my mcx2 so the 1k resistors and 5k rheostat I bought the other day aren't needed. Also, the crystal is siliconed to the board so it appears that that's been noted by the manufacturer. Overall, I'm very impressed. A few turns on the control rods to the swash and it hovers hands-free. I'm not too fussed about the motor; I've been flying micro rc long enough to know that some are better than others and some are just DOA, and for the cost of a couple of components a few years ago I'm pretty happy overall.
You should change your call sign to "Zen Master". Most people would be pretty PO'ed if they get a motor DOA.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Reply With Quote
Old May 09, 2012, 02:23 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
Why do people think wd40 is not a lubricant?
...
several reasons:

both my nephews bikes that were "lubed" are now rusted and useless. his sisters bike same model was not and still looks like new. at least a half dozen similar examples.

mineral oil, the only "oil" in it, is not a lubricant. see wikipedia.

"wd" stands for "water displacement". nothing to do with lubrication.

spray it on a paper and check the next day. no oil spot. same for the nuts and bolts ive loosened with it. dry as a bone next day.

its proven to be one of the best ways for me to REMOVE grease and oil.

correction: actually it does work as a lubricant. for about 30 seconds.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 03:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 04:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 02:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 01:26 AM