HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 06, 2012, 07:06 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
I have no problem with my throttle... after I adjusted the throttle trim setting.
What I mean is if you put the throttle stick all the way down, do you know it is physically down as far as it is supposed to go? It's possible there is something preventing it from going down just a hair more if something is hanging it up. Does the stick physically hit the stop when all the way down?
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:04 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Binding issues

For those whom are having problems binding, it's probably due to a slight throttle leakage. As as already been said;
Most RX will not bind unless the throttle is at nil.

As the transmitter is of poor quality there is probably leakage on the slider (potentiometer).

Anyone with basic electronics skills should get a resistor (try around 4.7K to start with) and ground the slider terminal. Playing with resistor values will eventually show throttle as zero.

The cheap slider potentiometers in things like this are notorious for still having resistance even at the lower position (throttle 0) hence showing slight throttle.

My heli' isn't here yet, but I will find a fix for this issue and show the necessary steps to remedy it.

Hope this helps.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:22 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
V911 backwards drift

I've read and tried to comprehend many of the suggestions, including the post by Daryoon regarding the Mechanical Adjustments of Servo Linkages for Stable Hover (I think it was for a Solo Pro, but I could be wrong).
Anyway, I have my trim adjustment to prevent the backwards drift set close to the max (either max or close to it) and it still has a tendency to drift backwards (along with the TBE, that sort of disguises this drift a bit).

The adjustment of the servo linkage responsible for forward/backwards flight... I've identified this linkage (I think) but I don't see how it is adjustable on the V911... may be one of the differences between the V911 and these other clones. Or, I haven't identified the correct part or have a clear understanding of how it works.

There are two sets of holes that this linkage can be placed in, I may move mine back from the inner most hole to the outer hole to see if that will at least give me some more forward thrust if needed.
Ken
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 06, 2012, 08:35 PM
Joined Dec 2011
19 Posts
The adjustment is in the plastic link at the top of the servo rod. It is threaded onto the metal rod. You would disconnect the plastic link from the swashplate ball and either turn it clockwise (looking down on it from above) which will shorten the linkage or unthread it which will make the linkage longer. You must turn it one complete revolution at a time and then reconnect it to the swashplate.
ryknoll3 is offline Find More Posts by ryknoll3
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryknoll3 View Post
The adjustment is in the plastic link at the top of the servo rod. It is threaded onto the metal rod. You would disconnect the plastic link from the swashplate ball and either turn it clockwise (looking down on it from above) which will shorten the linkage or unthread it which will make the linkage longer. You must turn it one complete revolution at a time and then reconnect it to the swashplate.
Thanks,
I was back in there to move that linkage back from the inner hole to the outer hole when I figured out what to do. I'm glad you confirmed what I just did though, I can never have enough confirmation.
I drew up a quick and dirty illustration just in case other beginners have the same question I did. How's it look?
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:16 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,686 Posts
That picture looks perfect, Ken. I think you got it. The instructions that I pointed you to works the same in principle on any model. The idea is to center the trims of your Tx, then mechanically trim your helicopter like the way you drew it. Once your helicopter is trimmed that way, and not by the Tx, you wouldn't care if the trims on the Tx is reset or not. And you wouldn't care if one day you upgrade to another radio. Also, since your heli is trimmed this way, while the Tx and the servos are centered, you have the maximum throw in both directions. It's a very worthwhile exercise. Every helicopter in my fleet got that treatment. You won't regret it.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:31 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
That picture looks perfect, Ken. I think you got it. The instructions that I pointed you to works the same in principle on any model. The idea is to center the trims of your Tx, then mechanically trim your helicopter like the way you drew it. Once your helicopter is trimmed that way, and not by the Tx, you wouldn't care if the trims on the Tx is reset or not. And you wouldn't care if one day you upgrade to another radio. Also, since your heli is trimmed this way, while the Tx and the servos are centered, you have the maximum throw in both directions. It's a very worthwhile exercise. Every helicopter in my fleet got that treatment. You won't regret it.
Quick question...
OK, what I did was disconnect the top portion of the linkage, removing the connection at the ball end (plastic end). I left the bottom metal portion of the linkage still connected and twisted the plastic portion a couple of turns with my fingers. Is it best to remove this linkage part completely from the Heli or is it acceptable to adjust it in place?
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Nov 2011
50 Posts
cpuken, are you still getting the "shudder"? If you are, check to see if your swash is separating, this has been the cause on mine. If so, you should be able to squeeze it back down with a pair of duck billed pliers or tweezers. If your not sure, then try squeezing it (gently) anyway for good measure.
ArcFault is offline Find More Posts by ArcFault
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:34 PM
Joined Nov 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Quick question...
OK, what I did was disconnect the top portion of the linkage, removing the connection at the ball end (plastic end). I left the bottom metal portion of the linkage still connected and twisted the plastic portion a couple of turns with my fingers. Is it best to remove this linkage part completely from the Heli or is it acceptable to adjust it in place?
I adjust mine in place.
ArcFault is offline Find More Posts by ArcFault
Old Jan 06, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcFault View Post
cpuken, are you still getting the "shudder"? If you are, check to see if your swash is separating, this has been the cause on mine. If so, you should be able to squeeze it back down with a pair of duck billed pliers or tweezers. If your not sure, then try squeezing it (gently) anyway for good measure.
I think I've only seen the shudder a couple times today and it was brief.
Here's my latest flight video, after I made the linkage changes, trim changes and a little more practice.

Ken's V911 flight success 1/6/12 (0 min 32 sec)
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,686 Posts
Very nice flight, Ken. It looks to me that your heli is nicely tuned now. Although it was in motion most of the time, I hardly see any TBE even when it slowed down. A job well done. And yes, adjust those arms in place with the other end still linked to the servo. You did everything right.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,118 Posts
hope dealextreme or focalprice start to sell it at a good price, until now the best price i found is ebay at 43,69 shipped, but i find 39.95 was the key price for this heli. Sad to see the price raised to 45 at banggood because i was interested in get a few of them.

also would be nice if wltoys start selling a version with heli alone, there are thousands of turnigy/flysky radios around the world right now, and for 25$ shipped will be an eye candy cheap product for us.
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:21 PM
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Very nice flight, Ken. It looks to me that your heli is nicely tuned now. Although it was in motion most of the time, I hardly see any TBE even when it slowed down. A job well done. And yes, adjust those arms in place with the other end still linked to the servo. You did everything right.
Heli Pad, I know you have both 3-channel and 4-channel Helis... do you move back and forth between the two formats without any problems??
As I've tried to get comfortable with the 4-channel, I'm almost afraid to fly any of my 3-channels until I gain a certain level of comfort (or at least I'm keeping the 3 channel flights to a minimum). Didn't plan on getting my V911 and S110G the same day and then the next day get my replacement S107G-2012 Version. I haven't even unboxed the 2012 S107G this time.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,686 Posts
Depends who you ask, some of my friends would tell you that I fly like a drunk. But I'd like to think that I switch between the two worlds pretty easily. I think you can, too. But I spent a significantly longer time with 3ch than you did. So, even after flying 4ch, I still pick up my 3ch control and fly like an ace. The muscle memory didn't leave me. It's kind of like having a stick shift and an automatic in your garage. You just switch and not think about it.
Old Jan 06, 2012, 10:32 PM
United States, KY, Owensboro
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Hey guys, I am fairly new here to RCG, and have been following this thread closely as I am patiently awaiting the arrival of my V911. I just wanted to say that it is so great to see so many people chip in with good advice, and try to help those who need help, and not flame when someone asks a question, that has to you, been asked a thousand times. My hat is off to you. I am glad to know you are here when I need help.

Thanks
Terry
SlyKYFox is offline Find More Posts by SlyKYFox