SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 05, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Guys I ordered a BNF from Firecabbage. The order ended up getting cancelled by them for some reason they did not know why. But they still sent the copter. I didnt know that they sent it. So I ordered another after they said just place the order again. So yesterday I received two BNF and was only charged for one! I checked with my bank. I did not want two! Because I have a blue one on its way also. So I will have all three.

Who thinks I should contact Firecabbage and pay for the one sent I was not charged for?

This happened to me before but I think it was Banggood with two tail blades. There was no cancelled order but they sent the package twice to me and charged me once.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 01:01 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Guys I ordered a BNF from Firecabbage. The order ended up getting cancelled by them for some reason they did not know why. But they still sent the copter. I didnt know that they sent it. So I ordered another after they said just place the order again. So yesterday I received two BNF and was only charged for one! I checked with my bank. I did not want two! Because I have a blue one on its way also. So I will have all three.

Who thinks I should contact Firecabbage and pay for the one sent I was not charged for?

This happened to me before but I think it was Banggood with two tail blades. There was no cancelled order but they sent the package twice to me and charged me once.
Lucky you hehehe
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old May 05, 2012, 01:19 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
I had a similar situation with banggood. It was over 90 days since I placed an order and they refunded my money via PayPal because I told them I never received the item. Well, a week after that happened I received the item. I just gave banggood the refund amount back to them thru PayPal ... it was only fair, and my conscious bugs me if I don't make thinks right like that.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old May 05, 2012, 01:20 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:

I would contact Firecabbage and ask if they need payment. Reason being, Aliexpress may have to pay if this was their mistake. The way I understand it is that Aliexpress holds your payment until you receive the order and give positive feedback stating you received what you ordered in satisfactory condition. If Aliexpress gave the go ahead to ship then they should be responsible for paying Firecabbage. But you are lucky. I was actually charged for an order that was cancelled but never shipped and then had to provide proof that I was charged.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old May 05, 2012, 02:30 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:

I would contact them and tell them what happened, offer to give the 1/2 of the cost, or say you can send it back to them if they pay the shipping. Chances are you will get the second one for 1/2 price, and you will score some points for being honest about it to them.

I had a similar thing happen on a steel order, I got twice as much as I ordered on one type of steel. I contacted my supplier and got the double order for half price, and now I keep getting deals from them because I was honest about their mistake.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old May 05, 2012, 04:28 PM
Joined Nov 2011
299 Posts
I thought I'd post my newest mod here!

I ordered some links originally meant for the 4#3 I think. They happened to be exactly the right length for the v911 which was pleasing and with a couple of ball screws here is the result!

Sorry for the bad quality pictures, I took them with my phone and the macro isn't too good. But you can see the ball links. Very nice, smooth, no slack.
andur is offline Find More Posts by andur
Last edited by andur; May 05, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old May 05, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined May 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post

I ordered some links originally meant for the 4#3 I think. They happened to be exactly the right length for the v911 which was pleasing and with a couple of ball screws here is the result!

Sorry for the bad quality pictures, I took them with my phone and the macro isn't too good. But you can see the ball links. Very nice, smooth, no slack.
Nice! I thought I read somewhere the metal head parts added too much weight? Have u lost flight time?
cskipsey is offline Find More Posts by cskipsey
Old May 05, 2012, 05:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
299 Posts
I guess the CNC metal swash does add a gram of weight, that's why I ground it down and drilled a few holes into it. Plus the option I'm running now has a CNC top part and the stock plastic lower bit (to save weight). I think you can barely see it in the pictures. These links however add basically no weight at all. I haven't weighed them but I'm sure it's close to nothing.

The added bonus is that all the servos movement is translated to the motion of the blades and flybar, which greatly increases speed and agility, plus it's more stable and precise.
andur is offline Find More Posts by andur
Old May 05, 2012, 07:09 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
The BNF's I just got from Firecabbage are version1 I think. The swash keeps separating. they have the old tail. It doesn't seem to fly as well either. I think the tail does not hold as well.Does anyone else find the tail holds better on the newer version?

Atleast I have another blue BNF coming from Banggood. Somebody said they think they are the newest version. I hope.

There are three versions I have seen now. Is that right?
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old May 05, 2012, 07:12 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
360 Posts
I'm trying to figure out how long I'll have to wait until I can order the new BNF version with the clip on tail, new tail motor holder, etc. Anyone know if those are out already?
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old May 05, 2012, 07:20 PM
still a lot to learn!!!!
Australia, NSW, Laurieton
Joined Jan 2012
306 Posts
My latest bnf has the new tail and screwed on skids and by far is the worst flyer I have. Seem to have issues with the gyro holding head direction as I get drift both cw and ccw. I think it's a matter of luck what you get
Auflyer is offline Find More Posts by Auflyer
Old May 05, 2012, 08:03 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,323 Posts
Quote:

Youe really did an awesome job with cutting off the short arms of the metal swash upper!! (I think you were the first one to mention that, and I tried it after I read your post ... I will never do that again! My cuts look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay crappier, it is probably not running true and round anymore because of this and it really doesnt save THAT much weight. I dont want to dis the mod, I am just saying its for people who can do it well - and I found out by trying that I cant!!! ... so no more of this for me,
I figured a couple other things how I can save weight (if I really want to) without having to proof too much "handyman artist" abilities ...

So to each their own, according to their skills ... congrats again to you for the job you did with it ...

Happy flying!!!
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old May 05, 2012, 08:08 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,261 Posts
[QUOTE=Auflyer;21529501]My latest bnf has the new tail and screwed on skids and by far is the worst flyer I have. Seem to have issues with the gyro holding head direction as I get drift both cw and ccw. I think it's a matter of luck what you get[/QUOT piE]

But does it have the detachable tail section a la pictures shown in this post?
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6933
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old May 05, 2012, 08:15 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,323 Posts
Quote:
I guess the CNC metal swash does add a gram of weight, that's why I ground it down and drilled a few holes into it. Plus the option I'm running now has a CNC top part and the stock plastic lower bit (to save weight). I think you can barely see it in the pictures. These links however add basically no weight at all. I haven't weighed them but I'm sure it's close to nothing.

The added bonus is that all the servos movement is translated to the motion of the blades and flybar, which greatly increases speed and agility, plus it's more stable and precise.
I did the exact weight comparison after I cut mine according to your suggestions (here):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=149
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old May 05, 2012, 09:41 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Does anyone know where to get the latest version of the 911
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x