HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2012, 05:17 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbynaish View Post
that was the previous order that i got on begin of April.

The new one shipping, that is a replacing for the faulty V911, was sent on 12 April and has this history

Departured at 2012-4-14 0:10:15 from Flytexpress Sorting Center location
Item picked up at 2012-4-13 22:59:06, Flytexpress Sorting Center
Electronic data received at 2012-4-12 16:36:46, Flytexpress Sorting Center
I don't know Flytexpress is. Sorry.

If you have a real postal tracking number, it should end with HK for Hong Kong, CN for China, CH for Swiss and (SG for Singapore ?? or could it be SP??) I only came across those when I ordered from HongKong/China.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2012, 05:18 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Actually I am ordering a new USB power supply from ebay to feed my USB based stock chargers. On the USB power supply I am using, the output voltage may dip too low in charging 2 batteries.

It is even more obvious with my new LadyBird stock charger. Both LEDs were turned on charging a single battery.

When I plugged the charger into my desktop, it worked normally.
looks like you had a different issue than me. you should be able to see the drop and measure current with a meter. i can recommend the ebay $1.32 ipod chargers. i tested several and most put out 1.5a and a couple 2a even though they are rated less.

if a 160mah lipo charger draws even close to that batteries are being cooked and will have short life. now that a 2nd rtf arrived i intend to open the charger and see just whats inside. hopefully better than the diode/resistor circuit used by most of the toy helis.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old May 01, 2012, 06:37 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
A little tip for anyone who wants to reduce flybar strikes with the stock flybar. If you take a lighter and gently heat up the flybar between the weights and fulcrum, you can then bend the flybar upward a few degrees. When the plastic cools, it will retain the bend and keep the weights from striking the canopy or blades as frequently. Just be careful with the heat because the plastic can't take much before it will melt into a puddle. You have to be gentle by holding the the flybar into the position you want and then quickly running the lighter under it to heat the plastic enough that it can relax. I didn't notice any change in flight characteristics other than less flybar strikes.
Just store it like this, and the flybar will not ever sag.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...-DSCF8468a.jpg
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old May 01, 2012, 06:39 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,283 Posts
Met the owners of WLToys at the Beijing model expo yesterday and they showed me some of their prototypes of future helis. Pretty creative/clever designs on some of them AND there are flybarless birds going through the r&d process as we speak!
jameschen072 is online now Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 06:43 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Met the owners of WLToys at the Beijing model expo yesterday and they showed me some of their prototypes of future helis. Pretty creative/clever designs on some of them AND there are flybarless birds going through the r&d process as we speak!
Sweeeet! Can't wait to see what they bring to the market.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old May 01, 2012, 06:44 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,108 Posts
jameschen072: Cool. But not even a single photo huh?

Anymore details? Are their prototypes "inspired" by any heli that you know of? Any timeframe for release of the FBL heli?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old May 01, 2012, 06:59 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,795 Posts
Quote:
Paaaaaaaadles?
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2012, 07:05 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Paaaaaaaadles?
Guess not, MO; jameschen072's post said flybarless. One less thing to tweek, not sure if that's a good thing or bad. in any case, looking forward to a flybarless heli for under $50?, $60 maybe?
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old May 01, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbynaish View Post
that was the previous order that i got on begin of April.

The new one shipping, that is a replacing for the faulty V911, was sent on 12 April and has this history

Departured at 2012-4-14 0:10:15 from Flytexpress Sorting Center location
Item picked up at 2012-4-13 22:59:06, Flytexpress Sorting Center
Electronic data received at 2012-4-12 16:36:46, Flytexpress Sorting Center
On the Flytexpress page I know it gives you another tracking number. I'm in the US so it shows a USPS tracking number. I don't know where you are. But I bet that the actual tracking number is on that page for you.

Took me a while to figure it out.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old May 01, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Guess not, MO; jameschen072's post said flybarless. One less thing to tweek, not sure if that's a good thing or bad. in any case, looking forward to a flybarless heli for under $50?, $60 maybe?
I would buy one in an instant if they were available. Though as fast as they change their designs... I might wait a month or so but I would definitely have one on my list!
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old May 01, 2012, 09:24 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Well the FBL would require a 3 axis gyro, haven't people been having problems with their gyros already?
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old May 01, 2012, 09:28 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
You guys having troubles with shipping from over seas, I ordered a Chaos 600 and it was shipped on April 19th, Canada Post and Customs have held it up so badly that it wont get delivered till May 13th. Almost a month to cross one border and much closer. The stuff I have ordered from China and Hong Kong got here quickly, but I pay the extra for EMS.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old May 01, 2012, 10:08 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
425 Posts
Quote:

If you see them again could you...
tell them if they don't introduce a 160 mAh LiPo with a USB shaped end/connector that'll plug directly into my PC (and a corresponding CORTER), that we'll beat them silly with a canvas bg bag full of broken S107G's?
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old May 01, 2012, 10:13 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
I need help please I got my turnigy 9x today how do I set it up
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old May 01, 2012, 10:34 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts