HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:42 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Sure, it is CanadaPost, it is slow but quite reliable.
That is why I prefer not to use UPS.
Live close to the US border? I do and I have a 'receiving' business address for All US bought goods. Border guards simply don't care about items of $250~ or less.
So no taxes.. Let alone the ridiculous $5 handling fee from the Disgruntled Postal Worker twits
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:46 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
512 Posts
I will attest to UPS gouging us to the maximum they can I recently had a $22 order come from the US, and the only shipping options were USPS express and UPS Standard. On the surface UPS Standard looked like the better way to go, until the package arrived. There was an extra $20 brokerage charge tacked on plus all the taxes. None of this was printed in plain sight, and I didn't know about it till the delivery man knocked on the door. If I had gone with USPS Express it would have been $5 cheaper and gotten here a week sooner.

About the best thing you can do Wasp is find someone you can trust State side and have them let you use their mailing address, then pay them to ship it to you. In the long run it would still be cheaper than UPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Sure, it is CanadaPost, it is slow but quite reliable.

CanadaPost won't work holidays, Saturday and Sunday even for "Express" services. When we complain about missing target delivery standard, CanadaPost would simply tell us to claim the shipping charge back. It is taxpayer's money anyway.

I meant the cheap Solo Pro's from HK are only stocked in the States. I can order from the US stock but the only option available to ship to Canada when I check out is UPS. UPS would usually ask for a ransom crossing the border, holding my shipment hostage.

The declared value to Customs could to be quite inflated from some shops in the States. Sometimes they put a value much higher than the price of the goods there. (Not sure what HK US will do though) It may even be kind of bootstrapping the declared value from shipping, handling and brokage charges. . The more UPS charges results in more import tax and the more tax to be collected results in more UPS brokage fee.....

In comparison, CanadaPost's service charge for import tax collection is fixed, $5 I believe. Usually unless the item is obviously very valuable, it would often get rubber stamped through.

UPS is more eager to get everything import taxed and brokage fee charged.

That is why I prefer not to use UPS.

Otherwise I would have ordered a 100D or 180. I ordered my D02S from eHirobo (Hong Kong) instead.
SG Mason Knives is online now Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
Are all the servo and mixer arms on correct?
The arms going from swash to mixer should be on the longer pair of balls on the swash.
The links going up to the mixer have a slot that goes on a pin.
The "left side" of the mixer arm (the little horizontal piece of plastic that pivots on the main blade) is shorter than the right side.

Final idea, are there any bad teeth on the main gear?
Spin the heli slowly while holding the main blade.
Maybe swap the main gear with your other heli. It's only one screw.

One more. Maybe swap the head with your other.
Again, one screw.
Take the head, and the main blades.
Thanks for your help RicksterRC
I will try these suggestions later on, bit tied up right now. Will let you know how I get on.
latestart is offline Find More Posts by latestart
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:03 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
Could anyone measure the resistance of a good bravo motor?
I have a brand new Bravo SX motor I can get a resistance reading off of. Just keep in mind, it's a single sample.
I have two new, in the bag white cap Bravo SX. Both measured 0.7ohms each.

I also have a brand new, in bag mSR X motor. And it measured 0.6ohms.

Not sure what to do with those numbers, but I said I'd measure them when I get a chance. So there they are. Hope it helps.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Apr 25, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
So I noticed today my V911 has the shakes during a hover. Its not a constant thing but it will have a spell and shake like the main shaft is bent but it doesn't lose altitude. Any ideas?
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Is anyone swash near level even after you manually adjust it to hover perfect? Because mine is nowhere close.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:38 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
884 Posts
similar swash question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Is anyone swash near level even after you manually adjust it to hover perfect? Because mine is nowhere close.
with the heli sitting on a flat surface ,the left skid has the 2 nubs on it which lift the heli off level, SHOULD the two swash arms be level with the ground or level with the maingear of the heli?????
thanks
TT
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:40 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
In case anyone's thinking of moving onto a collective pitch heli, HobbyKing.com is selling the Solo Pro 100 RTF for $79.99. Incidentally, the BNF is $87.59, go figure.
Ahhh not fair, nearly twice the price in international warehouse at ~$140
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:47 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
So I noticed today my V911 has the shakes during a hover. Its not a constant thing but it will have a spell and shake like the main shaft is bent but it doesn't lose altitude. Any ideas?
Mine did that the other day....I sat it down look at the back of the rx and saw that the right hand servo arm was touching the canopy.....hmmmmm. IDEA!! Put o-rings on the canopy rods and then put the canopy back on....no more touching the inside of the canopy and shakes went away!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Apr 25, 2012, 08:56 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Last edited by Brosol; Apr 26, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:12 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
with the heli sitting on a flat surface ,the left skid has the 2 nubs on it which lift the heli off level, SHOULD the two swash arms be level with the ground or level with the maingear of the heli?????
thanks
TT
I don't know on these fixed pitch. But on a CP Heli the swash has to be level with the Heli. I would assume the same with these. But mine is not working out that way.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Mine did that the other day....I sat it down look at the back of the rx and saw that the right hand servo arm was touching the canopy.....hmmmmm. IDEA!! Put o-rings on the canopy rods and then put the canopy back on....no more touching the inside of the canopy and shakes went away!
I just checked mine and the servo arms have plenty of clearance. Wonder if the tail motor is failing already since I have to add a lot of rudder trim on a fresh battery.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:00 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
It has to be hell soldering the tail motor wires back onto the board. Because I can barely see where they go with the magnifying glass on my cheap helping hands. I think I need a stronger glass.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
It has to be hell soldering the tail motor wires back onto the board. Because I can barely see where they go with the magnifying glass on my cheap helping hands. I think I need a stronger glass.
Yeah I was looking at that. Maybe it would be easier to splice and solder wires together than attempt to solder the board.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:20 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
I just checked mine and the servo arms have plenty of clearance. Wonder if the tail motor is failing already since I have to add a lot of rudder trim on a fresh battery.
When I first got mine it had the shake right out of the box. I replaced the blades with the spare set and the shakes went away. My heli had drops of hot glue everywhere. Blades had the glue the worse and I guess they got imbalanced. Cleaned them up and still no shakes....why was my heli and tx have glue drops everywhere???
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131