HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:22 PM
Joined Sep 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep View Post
Hi guys,just replaced the stock v911 shaft with the SP CF shaft and im so glad with the upgrade. All the lipos now manage to last for another 1min longer of flight time and heli is more responsive. Maybe i should cut off the landing skid as well to reduce weight
That's the stock SP shaft, or an aftermarket CF one?

Is stock direct drop in?
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:22 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
I opened the bad one up, and the good one for comparison.
There appear to be two shafts/pins that hold the gears.
The plastic pin is broken...
The gears were a jumble.
What pin? Can you use a needle or something as replacement assuming your gears are not broken?

BTW, my spares does not show up and BG refunded me instead.

Not sure how I am going to mod the flybar now.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Sep 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
What pin? Can you use a needle or something as replacement assuming your gears are not broken?
The five gears stack onto two pins inside the servo.

One gear seems to snap into the potentiometer somehow.
The others form a reduction from the motor pinion.
The output gear with spline is on a metal shaft.
Some of the other gears seem to be on a plastic shaft that is broken off.

Drilling a hole for a pin might work, but is probably beyond my skill level - I don't have drills nearly that small.

I was hoping someone had a dead RX they could send me so I could canibalize a servo.
Still hoping!
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Apr 18, 2012, 04:58 PM
United States, CT
Joined Apr 2012
185 Posts
Got my V911 today. You guys weren't kidding, this thing is great! Ordered two more. I don't think I'll ever pick up my mCX2 again.

Mine shudders a little, flybar hits blades sometimes, tail rotor came off and battery fell out on a couple of crashes but I'm loving flying this, all newbies should grab a few of these!
Sudsak is offline Find More Posts by Sudsak
Old Apr 18, 2012, 05:22 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
I got 6 flights in today, but was suffering from the most gawd awful flybar strikes. It wasn't because the flybar is too loose, it was from the funky wind today. It would go from dead calm to a sudden gust of about 5mph in the blink of an eye. Every time that happened I would get a strike that would nearly bring the helicopter down, actually did a couple of times.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 18, 2012, 06:36 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
I got 6 flights in today, but was suffering from the most gawd awful flybar strikes. It wasn't because the flybar is too loose, it was from the funky wind today. It would go from dead calm to a sudden gust of about 5mph in the blink of an eye. Every time that happened I would get a strike that would nearly bring the helicopter down, actually did a couple of times.
I said that many posts ago, I said it on my blog and I will say it again:

Ever since I installed the CF flybar, I was not even able to induce!!! (.) a flybar strike ... again. ZERO!

(net cost of material about 5$ ... was well worth it for me (even if there will always be people who contradict this ...)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Apr 2012
8 Posts
V911 wobbles violently

Anyone tell me why the v911 gets the wobbles?
latestart is offline Find More Posts by latestart
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:05 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latestart View Post
Anyone tell me why the v911 gets the wobbles?
Too much lube on the main blade pivots and/or the flybar pivot screw is too tight.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:12 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksterRC View Post
The five gears stack onto two pins inside the servo.

One gear seems to snap into the potentiometer somehow.
The others form a reduction from the motor pinion.
The output gear with spline is on a metal shaft.
Some of the other gears seem to be on a plastic shaft that is broken off.

Drilling a hole for a pin might work, but is probably beyond my skill level - I don't have drills nearly that small.

I was hoping someone had a dead RX they could send me so I could canibalize a servo.
Still hoping!
You may be better off buying an entire BNF. Replacing a servo is probably harder than fixing a shaft inside.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:14 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I said that many posts ago, I said it on my blog and I will say it again:

Ever since I installed the CF flybar, I was not even able to induce!!! (.) a flybar strike ... again. ZERO!

(net cost of material about 5$ ... was well worth it for me (even if there will always be people who contradict this ...)
Which flybar would have the right balls?

I should look into something else since my spare flybars for mod never arrive.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:21 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
Which flybar would have the right balls?

I should look into something else since my spare flybars for mod never arrive.
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7023

I detailed the mod on my blog - flybar with weights and also flybar with paddles
That is why I said 5$ net, because you can get the bar without the weights for 2.90 and the paddles come out to about 2$ (still have to be bought with the mSR flybar kit though ... but Kuen from MM "promised" in an email on an inquiry from me that the paddles will be available individually soon ...

Everything else in detail on the blog ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:46 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,151 Posts
Quote:

I detailed the mod on my blog - flybar with weights and also flybar with paddles
That is why I said 5$ net, because you can get the bar without the weights for 2.90 and the paddles come out to about 2$ (still have to be bought with the mSR flybar kit though ... but Kuen from MM "promised" in an email on an inquiry from me that the paddles will be available individually soon ...

Which link is the bar only? I am looking for a bar with the correct balls on it. I have weights/paddles from 4#3 through 450. I should be able to find something to use. And I have lots of solder (tin and lead) to make up some weights if necessary. The stock flybar is definitely the right size to start but I haven't got any 6 weeks after order. Thanks.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:

Where is the blog?

To install the carbon fly bar. I think I saw you need a #53 drill bit? Is that it? I need to pick some of those up. Where is the best place eBay or amazon?
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 18, 2012, 08:10 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,687 Posts
swash spring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofo View Post
Well my rotor cracked at the root, so there probably was a hairline crack. I put in the spares, and noticed the spare pairs are both marked "A", while the original ones that came installed were both marked "B". Is this right, or should it be one "A" with one "B"?
Anyways I put them on, and it slides less after rocking back (it's actually to the left, not right). But now it seems to either randomly drop a lot of altitude or decide to climb (without any throttle adjustment). Something is amiss...

I did notice a lot of play on the new blades, but adding some paper washers didn't seem to help. What kind of pen spring did you use, just something to wrap around the shaft? Or something bigger so it doesn't squeeze into the center hole of the swash?
B blades are fine, same as the A blades.. dunno why they named dif.
I just rebuilt my head without the swash-spring, took it outside for some test-flying... and OMG do I ever hate how it flys now! bobbing, sliding, rocking.... with no real FFF ugh! I have to re-do a swash spring to mine ASAP.

You can use any pen spring as long as it fits on the shaft. I think my best results were from an upside-down cone shape to the spring, smaller end on the bearing.. larger end supporting the swashbearing. You have to make sure both ends are "flat" and be careful not to make the spring too long, you'll know it's too long when you re-assemble the head... and find that the flybar is binding! The spring is then putting too much upwards pressure on the swashplate balls causing the links to bind the flybar from pivoting smoothly.

I'm getting real short flight times lately... I think my main motor is dieing. I just "stole" the motor out of my BravoSuX... and will solder it to my V911 tonight.

the "peanut gallery" wanted to know if the V911 could fly high-up.... so I had to oblige.... lol
PTDC0005 (2 min 2 sec)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb