HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:52 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbenedict View Post
How about cleaning the battery contacts with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip?

My first is supposed to be on the way. Hope it hurries and is trouble-free.
Hi not a battery problem servos and rear motor work fine just main motor, which worked ok out of the box until I had to charge the batteries
Thegog is offline Find More Posts by Thegog
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:43 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegog View Post
Hi first helicopter was from lilykathy88 and second from tomtop, the seller has now been in touch and said he thinks the motor was damaged in transit and are willing for me to buy a new motor and they will cover the cost, but the motor was working fine before the batteries were charged.
I have written back saying I think it's a board problem and have told them if they are willing to send a new board that will be ok, or they can send a new helicopter minus all the accessories, I am waiting for a reply.
Thank you to all who have tried to help, really hope it gets sorted can't wait to fly it at the helicopter club as I have seen what it can do, my friend who can wire (was a tv repair man for 25 years) says the other helicopter will be running soon
I bought mine from Yallstore on eBay. I think I got a good one because I have crashed it hard twenty-five times already since yesterday and it still flys the same.I don't think it's the motor either. Probably the Rx. 😄
Good luck.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Last edited by Apphoard; Apr 13, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 07:30 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Remember I was looking for a V911 TX a while ago? Almost made a deal with a fellow Dutchie, then forgot about it, and now he doesn't respond to PMs, not sure if the guy is still active here. So if anyone still has a spare V911 TX lying around, I'm still interested as long as shipping it to the Netherlands won't cost more than getting a full V911 naturally...
I am willing to send you one, but shipping will be AUD$12.50 airmail if I can get the parcel under 250g, tx weighs a bit over 200g, so it might be a struggle. Or it will be $AUD21.25 for under 500g.
I think your best option is getting the T6A radio, if you can get it for $30 shipped, you will have a good tx with much nicer feel then V911 tx, and you can set you own dual rates via computer.
Even better is a 9X if you have the use for several models, and can actually purchase one! (all on backorder, at least on HK. I think they aren't even accepting backorders now!)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2_Mode_2_.html
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:02 AM
Rome
Joined Oct 2003
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
erm Robbinash .. admittedly a wierd question .. but :-) Why? do you have that 'famous' National Geographic photo of that Afgan girl (who is now a 50? yr old umm vetran) ,as your avatar??
Only cause i liked so much that pic and her story... so simple
robbynaish is offline Find More Posts by robbynaish
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:30 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
I am willing to send you one, but shipping will be AUD$12.50 airmail if I can get the parcel under 250g, tx weighs a bit over 200g, so it might be a struggle. Or it will be $AUD21.25 for under 500g.
I think your best option is getting the T6A radio, if you can get it for $30 shipped, you will have a good tx with much nicer feel then V911 tx, and you can set you own dual rates via computer.
Even better is a 9X if you have the use for several models, and can actually purchase one! (all on backorder, at least on HK. I think they aren't even accepting backorders now!)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...2_Mode_2_.html
I ordered a 9x, but between order and payment stock was depleted and it was backordered...That T6A sounds like an option. Dual rates would sure come in handy. Will that T6A also bind to Hobby King receivers?
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 13, 2012, 08:55 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegog View Post
Hi not a battery problem servos and rear motor work fine just main motor, which worked ok out of the box until I had to charge the batteries
You mean binding is OK? Are you using the stock TX? Does throttle go up on the TX display when you throttle up? Is the throttle trim OK on the display?

Do you smell anything abnormal coming from the circuit board?

If everything seems normal, probably the main motor is gone. Check the motor wiring first before replacing it.

Good luck.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:00 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Solopro, aliexpress has the tx for $18.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:07 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
Solopro, aliexpress has the tx for $18.
Do you have a direct link? Can't find it there...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:14 AM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
I ordered a 9x, but between order and payment stock was depleted and it was backordered...That T6A sounds like an option. Dual rates would sure come in handy. Will that T6A also bind to Hobby King receivers?
Yes, it is a flysky radio like 9X, will bind with all the flysky rx's (not the earliest ones though - pretty much most you buy now will be compatible).
Only thing that you may like for V911 that T6A doesn't have is expo.
T6A is good, but for multiple models/setups its a pain, need to connect to pc to change settings, even just to reverse a channel etc.

If you want to be able to use multiple models, go the 9X if you can wait.
Send flysky an email directly, they will probably sell you one http://www.flysky-cn.com/eindex.asp
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:27 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Even with the 2.2K resistor modification on the stock transmitter, the V911 has too much rudder.

To find out what I really wanted, I kept changing the rudder on my CT6B transmitter and test flying. Happy at 50% rudder. This is on a V911 with the newer tail mounting. I wanted to rotate fast into the wind and still prevent useless over-control.

Expo on the stock transmitter is good, but the rudder control is still too "twitchy", so maybe time to start cutting copper lands on the TX circuit board and make the rudder the way I want it.
Ribble,

If you don't mind cutting, just cut the centre pin of the rudder pot track and insert a resistor there. Then add a pair of resistors from the controller input side of the centre resistor to the rudder pot outside pins. We would have both expo and dual rate that way.

BTW there is a resistor in front of each controller input on the circuit board. I cannot remember its value now. If it is high enough, we may be able to use that as the centre resistor without cutting and inserting. However we have to solder close to the controller chip. I would not recommend that in general for our fellow members. However you are good and know what you are doing. You can try that. Just fix it and don't blame me if anything goes wrong.

I have to do a bit of ranting. I still haven't received my spare flybars from BangGood yet, flying the V911 in any wind is simply not good enough.

When I emailed customer service, I was asked to wait yet another week in the last three mails. I'll raise a paypal dispute before the 45 day deadline. We are running out of another week.

Happy flying.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Mar 2012
9 Posts
Thanks for the trim recommendations guys!. I look forward to many flights and learning a lot about this heli and couldnt do it without this forum.. awesome to see! I will check back when i make some manual adjustments
gimps777 is offline Find More Posts by gimps777
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:46 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Quote:
Do you have a direct link? Can't find it there...
U vraagt, wij draaien

cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:03 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Crash

I had my first major crash today FFF into tree knock off canopy swashplate separation put every thing back together went back to flying tough little bird
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:06 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
It's the cylindrical crystal that got damaged. Replacing that from a another bad RX fixed the issue for me.
Sifu, your knowledge and wisdom never ceases to amaze me. I tried to reinsert the leads through the board, but I might as well attempt open heart surgury; so I did the best hack job I could from the front side only. I don't know how well it will hold up, but at least I'm flying again for the moment. Thanks again.

MVI_0010.MOV (0 min 39 sec)
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:19 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman0236 View Post
don't mind in the least if the motor has a plug or has to be soldered to be replaced, for example. I'd much rather have the v911 remain an affordable toy.
Won't be long before reports start coming in about those "Tiny wires braking off those large plugs when you pull the plugs apart".
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble