HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:07 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
It's here, it's here (V911 from Banggood)

Just received my V911 from Banggood.
Order placed on Dec 20th
Shipment left Hong Kong Dec 30th
Arrived in Indiana (my house) Jan 5th
=============================
All in all, not bad, I was trying to psych myself out and just expect it around the middle of Jan but here it is. I'm, hopefully, going to take care of some other work I need to do first and take my time in unpacking and documenting the unboxing and such.
Maybe be able to fly it later today.
Just knowing it's here is a big relief, hopefully nothing was hurt during the shipping.
Ken
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2012, 02:47 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,069 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
If the gyro is the culprit , you would need constant rudder inputs (left stick on mode 2) instead of aileron (right stick on mode 2) inputs.. since your heli needs constant right aileron, we can rule out that the gyro has anything to do with this.
Try these things (In the following order) to troubleshoot your problem:

1. Is your aileron trim neutral? Or is it deflected to the left? If it is, trim the ailerons to neutral (or until you don't need to have right aileron inputs to sustain flight)

2. If (1.) hasn't worked, the most likely thing I can think of is that your swash has come apart during the crash... if it has, push the two halves together and see if the heli still rolls to the right.

3. If it still rolls to the right, check that the swashplate is relatively horizontal in flight... if it isn't, adjust your servo linkages until it is....

4. If the swashplate hadn't come apart because of your crash..and the swashplate is relatively horizontal in flight..(AND the heli is still rolling right) THEN try to adjust the aileron servo linkages until the swashplate is tilting slightly to the right while in flight... (which should remove the need for right aileron)

5. (Unlikely, but possible) you might have broken the blade pivots in the rotorhead... check by removing the blades to see if the pivots are damaged

That should cover it...Hope that helps!
jameschen072, thanks for the quick help, #2 above did it, the swashplate was 'crooked' somehow, I used some force to get it back to normal (hopefully), now it flies much better (be a long time before I fly without canopy again).
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:09 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
BangGood also added some spare parts - prices are quite high, but shipping is free. It may be worthwhile if buying a small amount of parts, otherwise MyRcMart is much cheaper (shipping is not high for a bunch of parts).
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Just received my V911 from Banggood.
Order placed on Dec 20th
Shipment left Hong Kong Dec 30th
Arrived in Indiana (my house) Jan 5th
=============================
All in all, not bad, I was trying to psych myself out and just expect it around the middle of Jan but here it is. I'm, hopefully, going to take care of some other work I need to do first and take my time in unpacking and documenting the unboxing and such.
Maybe be able to fly it later today.
Just knowing it's here is a big relief, hopefully nothing was hurt during the shipping.
Ken

Hey cpuken, Can I copy the top part of your post and send it to BangGood ?
Cause this stinks man I ordered on DEC 17 and it still is not here...

sdjb
sdjb is offline Find More Posts by sdjb
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:41 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
sdjb,

This can happen within the range of few days with all sellers and shipments - processing the order can be varied, shipping can be after accumulating a number of orders, and most likely different local post office services handle packages with different efficiency (my package was handled 10 days in my country's local post office - arrived today but didn't take it yet, maybe tomorrow).

When buying abroad, a lot of patience is required - otherwise you should pay more and buy things from a LHS or pay for fast shipping.
Last edited by asanado; Jan 05, 2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:47 PM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
asanado, I hear ya man, guess I worry to much sometimes.

sdjb
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:56 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
jameschen072, thanks for the quick help, #2 above did it, the swashplate was 'crooked' somehow, I used some force to get it back to normal (hopefully), now it flies much better (be a long time before I fly without canopy again).
Nice troubleshooting jameschen072.

Yup, on my 2 V911's the swashes came apart after hard flying/crashings.. it will get looser and looser, my fix was to carefully glue the plastic ball-plate "neck" into the center of the Swash. Both Havn't come apart since.

I too almost lost a Fly-bar weight! I glued them both in with CA.

For people having "Vibration Issues" The culprit is usually the Fly-bar being (hair-line) Cracked. You can unscrew, and remove the Flybar - and spin-up the motor to see if Vibration is gone or not.

Or one of the Main-Blades might have a hair-line crack across one of them. Hold Heli @Eye level, spin-up the motor... and see if Blades are spinning with NO wobble to the Blade-Tips. Replace Blades as necessary.

The Rotor Head might also get Bent from a crash... Hold and look at Heli from above, spin-up the motor... and see If the Rotor is Spinning in a perfect Circle. If Not, remove Flybar before trying to straighten the Rotor Head!

For Smoothness make sure White Main-Gear is spinning perfectly Level, and does not Bind with Motor Pinion, If it does... can usually hand-spin the rough-part of gear against the Motor Pinion to try and smooth out the Out-of-Round plastic Main Gear.

Happy Flyings! (while I wait for my Flybar) lol
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Jan 05, 2012 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added Tip
Old Jan 05, 2012, 03:57 PM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
I am waiting for my V911 more than a month (ordered on Nov. 30) - I am usually waiting about 2-4 weeks, but I guess holidays are affecting the delivery times.
It is more frustrating when waiting for parts, because you have already flown it and now you can't - this is why stocking some common spare parts is important.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:03 PM
Perpetually covered in resin
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjb View Post
Hey cpuken, Can I copy the top part of your post and send it to BangGood ?
Cause this stinks man I ordered on DEC 17 and it still is not here...

sdjb
Damn dude be patient its barely been two weeks...just because some of us got it within a week doesnt mean thats guaranteed. It can take over 3 weeks sometimes.
Ive been waiting for my batteries from Skytall for like 40 days, THAT makes me upset.
RawmadeCF is offline Find More Posts by RawmadeCF
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:07 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Nice summary Phazer. Anybody else noticed that not all the replacement parts are shown for purchase. I.e. bearings. Also, does the replacement swashplate come with the bearing. I see it listed at $0.50...but I don't see a bearing in the photo. How about the links and mixers. MyRCMart only shows that you get three pieces instead of three pairs. And the servo rods are missing the metal part to it. Odd isn't it? Is that the reason for th $0.50 price?
I listed 4 sources for spare parts in Post #341.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=341
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:11 PM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
Damn dude be patient its barely been two weeks...just because some of us got it within a week doesnt mean thats guaranteed. It can take over 3 weeks sometimes.
Ive been waiting for my batteries from Skytall for like 40 days, THAT makes me upset.
Yeah well I order from HK all the time, for like 3 years now and I always get the order with in 2 weeks..
Old Jan 05, 2012, 04:21 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
5,512 Posts
Amp and MyRCMart are the same. The other two also shows half the linkage/mixers, so it doesn't answer my question. Anybody order and receive replacement parts for the v911 yet?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:06 PM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjb View Post
Yeah well I order from HK all the time, for like 3 years now and I always get the order with in 2 weeks..
I order from HK weekly almost, while most gets here within 2 weeks. 3-4 is not unheard of.
Right next to shipping it says 7-30 days. Nowhere does it say 14 days guaranteed.
If you want it there fast pay the money for UPS or DHL and have it in 5...otherwise dont get worked up if it takes that 30 days.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:24 PM
Apache Junction,Arizona
Joined Jul 2003
469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawmadeCF View Post
I order from HK weekly almost, while most gets here within 2 weeks. 3-4 is not unheard of.
Right next to shipping it says 7-30 days. Nowhere does it say 14 days guaranteed.
If you want it there fast pay the money for UPS or DHL and have it in 5...otherwise dont get worked up if it takes that 30 days.
Who said anything about 14 day guaranteed ?
Your the one getting worked up.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Dec 2011
555 Posts
No one..all I was saying is dont worry it will get there...it just CAN take up to 30 days. Not worked up here.