HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:44 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,239 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I I have to watch my spending though.
I can afford quite a lot of flybars but my wife is watching my credit card statements.
Erm.. time to get your Own Card??
Maybe she's checking for those 1-900 numbers ..again :-)
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:41 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
What will I break most on the V911? Landing gear? Fly bars ? Connector buckle thing?

I ordered batteries, blades,canopy,landing gear,tails, and a charger.

But I need fly bars and the connectors also don't I ?
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:57 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
I haven't had a problem my landing gear, or canopy and I haven't heard much on anyone else having problems with those part. Maybe a few cases but not many. the big ones are tail motors and flybars. Extra batteries are good to have around so you can rest them between flights aand before and after charging.

Just my 2 cents
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
I haven't had a problem my landing gear, or canopy and I haven't heard much on anyone else having problems with those part. Maybe a few cases but not many. the big ones are tail motors and flybars. Extra batteries are good to have around so you can rest them between flights aand before and after charging.

Just my 2 cents
Thanks, I ordered fly bars. The tail should last a little while I hope. I have not got it yet.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:19 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bare View Post
Erm.. time to get your Own Card??
Maybe she's checking for those 1-900 numbers ..again :-)
Bare,

What 1-900? Should those be on your phone bill? Can you tell me about how did those get onto your credit card?

It's my own card. There are a few bucks here and there for flybars, landing skids, canopies, blades, gears....

For V911 I haven't ordered much. I have a RTF and BNF (option 5) plus a couple of flybars and landing skids. It looks like a single RTF + 2 batteries could have been good enough. I haven't broken anything so far.

The rest were spent on V120 maintenance.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; Apr 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:38 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
The way I see it with spare parts, you can get by with a broken canopy or skids, so I don't have spares of those because I can repair them and fly still while waiting for replacements.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:01 AM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Two bad pcb failed. Two tail motors and a set of connectors, blades and a flybar. Two 911. The corter have not had much problem. The new blue version has been a bad birdie.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:48 AM
United States, ND, Fargo
Joined Aug 2007
180 Posts
Hey guys! I just got my bnf v911 from fire cabbage and I've made a terrible mistake. Upon taking some bad advice I got some 160mah Turnigy Nanotechs for the Trex 100 thinking they would fit. As many of you apparently know, they don't. I searched the thread and maybe I'm missing something in 400 pages but I never saw a definitive answer on this. How can I get these batteries to fit my v911? Is there a way to modify them to fit, or perhaps the holder on the skid? Can I replace the skid? I have the newer style with the screw on skid. Is there a way to replace the connector on the battery with a compatible one? Or a completely different idea that works well? I suck at searching I guess.
johnwohl is offline Find More Posts by johnwohl
Old Apr 12, 2012, 12:55 AM
Lithuania
Joined Feb 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwohl View Post
Hey guys! I just got my bnf v911 from fire cabbage and I've made a terrible mistake. Upon taking some bad advice I got some 160mah Turnigy Nanotechs for the Trex 100 thinking they would fit. As many of you apparently know, they don't. I searched the thread and maybe I'm missing something in 400 pages but I never saw a definitive answer on this. How can I get these batteries to fit my v911? Is there a way to modify them to fit, or perhaps the holder on the skid? Can I replace the skid? I have the newer style with the screw on skid. Is there a way to replace the connector on the battery with a compatible one? Or a completely different idea that works well? I suck at searching I guess.
Try this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5147
Doncius85 is offline Find More Posts by Doncius85
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:33 AM
Rome
Joined Oct 2003
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username> View Post
That's exactly the same problem as I and a friend had with our pants servos.
I hosted a " servo fix " thread on here somewhere about a Month ago.
Just remove the servo and follow the instructions, or if you can't be bothered, just buy a new PCB.
It's an easy job either way.
Hi,

i found your interesting tutorial, but for my bad english i didnt understand what to fo after removed servo from pcb

Anyway for my skills its impossible do such small soldering.. i just have some problems to sold deans plugs

I hope Aaron from Banggood will solve this problem as soon as possible

Thanks to all

Ale
robbynaish is offline Find More Posts by robbynaish
Old Apr 12, 2012, 03:37 AM
United States, ND, Fargo
Joined Aug 2007
180 Posts
well, I figured out how to get the trex 100 ends off the batteries. i don't think I want to screw around with modding the connector and all that or making a bunch more clothespin charge adapters for the blade style connectors, so i'm just going to get some msr compatible batteries, a 6 cell parallel charge cable and change the connector on the heli.

anyway, I have another question. does anyone know if the sr120 paddles here:

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8392

and the msr paddles here:

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8162

are the same size?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 05:56 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Nobody have an idea?

little up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_black15 View Post
Hello to all,
after a very little crash ( yes little ... really: it has sucked into the window curtain and than it crashed on the floor) my v911 no longer work. when I put the battery the red led blink 8 times fast and then stay on and nothing works.
Seems can not initialize something ( like gyroscope) and everything is blocked.

Can someone help me, or is better that I change the receiver?

Thank you.

joe_black15
italy
joe_black15 is offline Find More Posts by joe_black15
Old Apr 12, 2012, 06:37 AM
United States, ND, Fargo
Joined Aug 2007
180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_black15 View Post
little up
Have you tried binding the transmitter to the heli again? I think the instructions on how to do so would be in the manual, but I have the bind and fly so I don't know.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Hey guys, given that i am loving my v911, i was starting to think about what would be the next logical step. I'm not into 3D, more just general flying. I have a commercial helicopter license so would really love to find something that feels like i'm flying for real (sounds strange but given how expensive flying is now, rc heli's are my only option - which i'm loving). What would you guys suggest would be the next step?
a_novice is offline Find More Posts by a_novice
Old Apr 12, 2012, 08:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbynaish View Post
Hi,

i found your interesting tutorial, but for my bad english i didnt understand what to fo after removed servo from pcb

Anyway for my skills its impossible do such small soldering.. i just have some problems to sold deans plugs

I hope Aaron from Banggood will solve this problem as soon as possible

Thanks to all

Ale
When the servo is retracted you need to gain access to the VR slider (Variable resistor) inside the servo casing.
The slider is made from a springy Copper wire that loses contact at a certain point, hence the servo sticking at a defined point which is always the same.
When you can see the springy slider, you need to either push down on the parts of slider on the Carbon track either side of the raised part, or just slightly lift the raised part of the slider so it regains contact with the Silver coloured metal plate.

You will know if the VR is at fault if the servo works correctly again after a flick or slight knock with your finger.

Since fixing mine and my Friends, He's seen over 100 flights since the fix and the servo is still OK.

I've only flown my V911 a couple of times since the fix as I no longer bother with it like most of my other FP models, but I'm certain it would also show longevity.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)