SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Woo Hoo my parts are in and installed, all batteries are charged, but now its raining again

Its been a week since I have had a good flight and I am itching to fly. The worst part of this is that when the UPS guy was here it was sunny and calm, but in the 5 minutes it took to unpack the flybars and mount one the weather changed. \guess i will have a bite to eat and hope the weather changes back again. If not i\ have 6 fully charged batteries to hover through and get my trims perfect
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:18 PM
Rome
Joined Oct 2003
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbynaish View Post
Hi,

i tried do a small video, i think it explain good what is the problem

Youtube - V911 with faulty servo

What do you think?

PS: i sent u PM, but i get an automatic answer yr Pm box is full and u sent me email, that i didnt get

Many thanks

Ale
Hi guys,

what do u think abt this problem?

Im waiting Aaron qin let me know what to do, but he said that maybe sm genius of this forum could try understand what is the prob

thanks

Ale
robbynaish is offline Find More Posts by robbynaish
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:47 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
what do u think abt this problem?
You said the servo stops working.

You asked for help here.

You received much information.

Next step to repair is take servo apart. You take servo apart, Banggood will not replace anything.

You made a video, even with tells on the moving parts, that clearly shows the problem.

Next step is to make sure Aaron or Banggood gets that video. (A URL link to video is fine).
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KYzqKL54g"
V911 with Faulty Servo (0 min 20 sec)

Banggood has been more than reasonable in the past. Give them what they need to decide if they will send you a new V911 or not. You may be fine with only a new circuit board - most people don't have the knowledge, the skills, or certainty of success to replace a circuit board.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 11, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:53 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post

You asked for help here.

Next step to repair is take servo apart. You take servo apart, Banggood will not replace anything.

You made a video, even with tells on the moving parts, that clearly shows the problem.

Next step is to make sure Aaron or Banggood gets that video.

Banggood has been more than reasonable in the past. Give them what they need to decide if they will send you a new V911 or not. You may be fine with only a new circuit board - most people don't have the knowledge, the skills, or certainty of success to replace a circuit board.
Well ... for example, unfortunately I am definitely one of them ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:04 PM
Rome
Joined Oct 2003
101 Posts
Quote:

You asked for help here.

Next step is to make sure Aaron or Banggood gets that video. (A URL link to video is fine).
youtube.com/watch?v=i9KYzqKL54g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KYzqKL54g

Im sorry that i asked again support, i dint want bother anybody...

The pity is that iam as erdnuckel2

I hope Aaron will see the link, his PM is full

Anyway, thanks to all
Ale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:07 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Well ... for example, unfortunately I am definitely one of them ...
I'd give myself a 75% change of success and even that would be very tedious. I would fix the problem and cause three new problems.
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 11, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:10 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
No, No, No.

You have to make sure Banggood or Aaron gets that video. Here is not the place to expect someone to read your message.

Be sure to give them an order number or something for them to know who you are.
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 11, 2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:40 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,408 Posts
Quote:

You asked for help here.

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KYzqKL54g"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9KYzqKL54g

As I posted before, it looks like a mechanical issue. Just clean up or rotate the gears inside the servo. If BangGood replaces the entire bird, fine.

If it is just the circuit board, take the gears, if we need any, from one of the servos on board. Chances are we don't even need any gears, cleaning up may just make it work.

Cheers.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; Apr 11, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:57 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
5 weeks is too long to wait with no information It says they have 23 in stock so I would be getting on their case about it, just think if you were in my boat and already had a borken flybar, your V911 would have been grounded for over a month now. Luckily you have a second heli you can fly, but they don't know that.
Actually nothing on my 2 V911s have been broken. I just need some spare flybars to try out mods. Still nothing showed up today.

The reply I got last time said it takes up to 25 working days to arrive. It is time to bug BangGood again.

Ordering from China is always a hit or miss. My record is 70 days. I had a tracking number that time that I could tell it spent months inside China. I thought China Post must have test-flown my 450 and crashed. However when it finally arrived, it was still in kit form.

Hong Kong Post is usually a lot more consistent.
Last edited by Wasp09; Apr 11, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:11 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
My radio is coming from China, don't say things like that. I hope that within 70 days that I will have that Chaos 600 built up flown and most likely crashed Without a radio I would be able to do that

I paid for EMS so I think it will get here in about the same time as my V911 did, just a bit over 2 weeks if I remember right
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:13 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,408 Posts
Quote:
...If they were 2.2K, they would have been gone long ago...
Four 10K in parallel would give us 2.5K, you just need more.

Another way to tell is to measure the voltage across the 10K shunt when the LED is off under various situations, the most interesting one would be after charging completes. If we have some good reading that could be why the 10K is there.

You know a lot, you are definitely capable of replacing the V911 circuit board.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
75 Posts
servo problems

Quote:
Im sorry that i asked again support, i dint want bother anybody...

The pity is that iam as erdnuckel2

Anyway, thanks to all
Ale
Did you try to remove the canopy and pop the servo arm ball off the swash plate and see if the servo acts the same? There could be some unknown resistance with the swash plate connection. If you disconnect it and the servo works fine without the canopy or connection, try some light synthetic oil (won't hurt plastic) on the ball joints. I had one that hung up also.
new rc heli is offline Find More Posts by new rc heli
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:45 PM
Rome
Joined Oct 2003
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rc heli View Post
Did you try to remove the canopy and pop the servo arm ball off the swash plate and see if the servo acts the same? There could be some unknown resistance with the swash plate connection. If you disconnect it and the servo works fine without the canopy or connection, try some light synthetic oil (won't hurt plastic) on the ball joints. I had one that hung up also.
yes, i tried..... nothing.

But when it remain blocked, i hear a noise , similar when u stop a servo while is moving.... i suspect sm problem on geras

Thnks

Ale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:47 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
You know a lot, you are definitely capable of replacing the V911 circuit board.
When I soldered on a JST battery connector, I scraped green enamel from unused copper areas on both sides of the board.and soldered (+) and (-) wires. I wasn't about to solder those thicker wires where the stock wires go.

And it is so easy to melt any nearby plastic.

My flying is getting faster and faster. Didn't used to break anything. Now I'm killing flybars. Ordered 4 and later 21 more.

Score card:
Two undamaged
Two need flybars
One has repairable flybar that I broke again ten minutes ago.

You say you ordered flybars - you didn't order enough of them. There is going to be a rush on flybars with warm weather coming and flying skills get better, faster, and riskier.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 05:49 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by new rc heli View Post
If that works, try adding a little bit of load.

Mine only jammed under load, e.g. when I blocked the servo arm with my finger it happened every time. That was caused by a piece of debris probably came from the casing trapped in between the gears. It works fine after removing the debris.