HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:02 AM
Hungary, Budapest
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
v911 battery drain faster - SOLVED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
that was the case for me. Suddenly my flying times were halved and the upward thrust wasn't good. Thought it was the batteries at first also.

Remove the motor from the frame and spin it and listen closely if you can hear anything odd. Mine had a very slight chirping noise when you spun it one direction.
mcmoyer man, you are right!
After reading your post I realize I have a BNF version that I've ordered for spare parts and put on the shelf month ago.
So I try the very same batteries in that and surprise: I get back the original 5-7min flight time.
Thanks again! ;-)
dombokfelett is offline Find More Posts by dombokfelett
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2012, 06:56 AM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
How do you get the paddle mod stable? Mine is wandering around and very floaty. Every movement I try to correct will overcompensate and make it worse. Do I need more weight in the end of the paddles? My paddle mod is a bit under 2g, with msr paddles.
Are you sure your flybar is balanced? Are the paddles evenly pitched at 0 degrees?
Is your flybar screw too tight\loose? Your rotor head must also be straight. Finally, a blade pivot-pin shim may be needed as well.

My pivot pin shim is worn out and I need to make another one as I'm starting to get some TBE. (check my blog for making one out of wire insulation).
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 11, 2012, 07:55 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
I see a lot of talk about modding the transmitter to slow down the tail?The same effect could be achieved with the Turnigy 9x right?

Also I ordered a RTF V911 from Bang good and did not get a tracking number or email confirmation from them. Is that normal? It was almost a week ago.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Last edited by Apphoard; Apr 11, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
I see a lot of talk about modding the transmitter to slow down the tail?The same effect could be achieved with the Turnigy 9x right?
Correct
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
problem with my v911 old model

Hello to all,
after a very little crash ( yes little ... really: it has sucked into the window curtain and than it crashed on the floor) my v911 no longer work. when I put the battery the red led blink 8 times fast and then stay on and nothing works.
Seems can not initialize something ( like gyroscope) and everything is blocked.

Can someone help me, or is better that I change the receiver?

Thank you.

joe_black15
italy
joe_black15 is offline Find More Posts by joe_black15
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:53 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
I can circle on my copy, but I can not make it stick.

I get carried away with circuits. Nobody cares anyway, except the designer who put the pullup resistors in the circuit.

EDIT:
Series Resistor = 1K = LED current less than 5ma, likely 2.5ma
Pullup Resistor = 10K

XC6802 Series
http://www.torex.co.jp/english/produ...ata/XC6802.pdf
Ribble,

Actually I opened up the charger to take a look before going to bed last night. I knew what you were referring to then.

I am not sure if this chip (XC6802??)'s LED pin is a real digital output.

If the pin is analog it makes more sense to have the 10K shunt around the LED.

If we want to cut out the LED, say the pin actually reflects the charging current, when the charging current drops below a certain value, the shunt would be required. The 1K in series also helps to calibrate the cutout value in addition to its current limiting function as LEDs could be rather non-linear.

On charger circuit, we may find some weird stuff added for handling odd situations, like we may have power feeding from the output side but none on the input side (battery is inserted but 5V is not connected or connected but not powered up.) It is not always straight forward.

One way to find out is to remove that shunt and see if anything is effected.

I don't have any smd soldering tools. I'll pass. You have all the fun.

Regards.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:08 AM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Correct
So that is the best inexpensive TX to get ?or is there another?

I saw a guy selling them with the upgraded FW and backlight for 150.00 shipped. Seems a bit high to me.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:10 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
I ordered a RTF V911 from Bang good and did not get a tracking number or email confirmation from them. Is that normal? It was almost a week ago.
You should get a tracking number. I get tracking numbers for a $21.99 BNF.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:15 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
You should get a tracking number. I get tracking numbers for a $21.99 BNF.
I got a tracking number for my RTF from BangGood but it was $45 then. It arrived in 24 days. However my spare flybars order is still outstanding 5 weeks after without a tracking number.

Still outstanding 6 weeks after now.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Last edited by Wasp09; Apr 18, 2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:36 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,342 Posts
Quote:

Also I ordered a RTF V911 from Bang good and did not get a tracking number or email confirmation from them. Is that normal? It was almost a week ago.
On the stuff I ordered from Banggood I received my tracking numbers only after I emailed them and specifically asked for it!
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Apr 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I got a tracking number for my RTF from BangGood but it was $45 then. It arrived in 24 days. However my spare flybars order is still outstanding 5 weeks after without a tracking number.
5 weeks is too long to wait with no information It says they have 23 in stock so I would be getting on their case about it, just think if you were in my boat and already had a borken flybar, your V911 would have been grounded for over a month now. Luckily you have a second heli you can fly, but they don't know that.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
So that is the best inexpensive TX to get ?or is there another?

I saw a guy selling them with the upgraded FW and backlight for 150.00 shipped. Seems a bit high to me.
You can get them from Hobby King if you're lucky enough to get it in your cart and checkout before the sell out. They go for around 60 bucks plus shipping.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:27 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_black15 View Post
when I put the battery the red led blink 8 times fast and then stay on and nothing works.
Is that with transmitter ON or OFF?

I think this happens if the transmitter throttle is not lowest.

Rebind, helicopter power first, then quickly power transmitter.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:41 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
One way to find out is to remove that shunt and see if anything is effected.
I have (and use) three V911 chargers. That gives me six 10K chip resistors if I need them.

If they were 2.2K, they would have been gone long ago.

That 4.7K (?) resistor going from ISEN to ground likely could be replaced with a pot to adjust the charge current.

Some see the forest. I see the trees.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:22 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,342 Posts
not to disturb all the electronics gurus in their musings, but has anybody ever considered a blade 120sR TAIL motor to be used as the V911 MAIN?? (for someone who makes their OWN shafts that would also mean 3 CF main shafts for it ...)

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread