HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:10 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Has anyone had to wait a month to the US from Bang good for the whole V911 package?
Because I am thinking about ordering another one on eBay from "y'all store" lol. Because they are in NY state. But I emailed them and asked if their Heli package was mode1 or mode 2. They sent back a stupid reply that it was a infrared remote. lol. So I probably won't order from them.
Got a link to their V911s for sale?
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:19 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Dealextreme now has these, one for $25 which I am assuming is bnf without batteries but they don't specify.
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:36 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
What do you mean that they didn't make the two circuits the same? Are you sure? The IC's may have common pins such that we can wire them up slight different. That would be interesting.
No, the charger circuitry appears the same, but layout is different between the two. Someone assembling would never know they were assembling the same circuit twice.

There is only 1 pin of the 5 pin IC that goes to the battery(+), so it has to have a current output as well as an input sensing battery voltage. It ain't no double transistor or anything simple.

Oddly, they put a pull-up resistor on the LED control. The IC shorts to ground to turn on the LED, A pull-up does nothing, They could have saved two resistors. OK, there could be another function for the resistors, I doubt it. I almost got the iron hot to remove a resistor and see what happens. And there were other parts that I would not have put on, like other pullups and capacitors. The Chinese don't skimp on parts.

Amazing how the Chinese can sell a V911 BNF for $22 which includes postage.

You'd think "2C1124" would be easy too. I bet it is a microcontroller that mixes GYRO-Rudder-Throttle.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 09, 2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone had to wait a month to the US from Bang good for the whole V911 package?
Because I am thinking about ordering another one on eBay from "y'all store" lol. Because they are in NY state. But I emailed them and asked if their Heli package was mode1 or mode 2. They sent back a stupid reply that it was a infrared remote. lol. So I probably won't order from them. 😄
I ordered from the same seller, because it was nearby, and it will be a couple weeks before I see my order from myrcmart. Figured having a spare wouldn't hurt. From the look of their other items, they're a general importer rather than a RC specialty store. Hopefully that doesn't translate into problems. I suppose I'll know tomorrow
hunter186 is offline Find More Posts by hunter186
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Weak tail motor (black cap)

Guys, has anyone of you tried the shorter v911 tail motor(black capped) from myrcmart with success? I've tried soldered both of them to replace the old motor(white capped) and they doesn't work on both of my v911 either (1 blue 1 red). The new motors are too weak/slow to hold the tail. Im wondering are they giving me the wrong tail motor which is not suitable for v911?
Sleep is offline Find More Posts by Sleep
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:11 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter186 View Post
I ordered from the same seller, because it was nearby, and it will be a couple weeks before I see my order from myrcmart. Figured having a spare wouldn't hurt. From the look of their other items, they're a general importer rather than a RC specialty store. Hopefully that doesn't translate into problems. I suppose I'll know tomorrow
Erm.. Delivered to my front door inside of 3 weeks.. No fuss, no muss.
Perfectly packaged as well
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:36 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep View Post
The new motors are too weak/slow to hold the tail. Im wondering are they giving me the wrong tail motor which is not suitable for v911?
My latest V911's have a longer tail boom and would work with a weaker tail motor. Yes, the newer ones have a slightly shorter tail motor. Hard to tell how much shorted as I covered them in nail polish,

Scratch that. I need new glasses or another glass of wine. The motor mount extends the motor out farther, as SG Mason Knives points out later.
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 10, 2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:58 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone else noticed that some V911's say "CORTER" on the side and some say "COPTER"? Or is that just my eyes? lol
My last complete one says "COPTER" on the box, but "CORTER" on the canopy.

Two of the heli-only ones I ordered say "COPTER",... but they have the generation-1 tail.

"CORTER's are like a box o' chocolates,... you never know what you're gonna get."
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:12 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceRail View Post
My last complete one says "COPTER" on the box, but "CORTER" on the canopy.

Two of the heli-only ones I ordered say "COPTER",... but they have the generation-1 tail.

"CORTER's are like a box o' chocolates,... you never know what you're gonna get."
I get a lot of tail. Wind has been stronger lately. If I turn the V911 sideways the blades windmill. And the wind rocks the V911 while sitting on the launch pad. Then I take off into a crosswind.

So, my tail motors stay cool. Broke 3 flybars in the past four days. Ordered 25 more flybars,
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:30 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
...Amazing how the Chinese can sell a V911 BNF for $22 which includes postage...
It is simply amazing.

I suddenly realized a couple of months ago that we can purchase a billion (American way i.e. a thousand million) of something as cheap as 10 cents. I am not talking anything like atoms that we pick up from mother nature and sell, but something physcial and man made.

Guess what that is.

Transistors!

I picked up a 16GB C10 SD card from Dell at $15 shipped. A lower spec 16GB USB stick can be around $12.

There are 128G bit of memory inside. Each bit is made of at least a transistor, actually a transistor with multiple gates, i.e. a combined one with a number of transistors merged together. Hence there are 128 billion transistors plus more for the control and IO circuits inside a single 16GB memory card or stick.

In the 60s, I purchased transistors one by one. It wasn't cheap. My first radio had a single diode. Now we can have transistors as cheap as 10 cents for a billion. Isn't it amasing when we think about that?

Enjoy.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Apr 09, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
My latest V911's have a longer tail boom and would work with a weaker tail motor. Yes, the newer ones have a slightly shorter tail motor. Hard to tell how much shorted as I covered them in nail polish,
Oh crap... That means I no longer able to fix my old corter tail motor for now & in future by ordering the new v911 tail motor(black cap) since they are phasing out the old tail motor(white cap) and old shorter tail boom. So guys..if i will to fix it now I'l better off buying the solo v2 tail motor instead of taking the risk to order another wrongcorrect v911 tail?
Sleep is offline Find More Posts by Sleep
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Got a link to their V911s for sale?
This is the the one that's in NY state. They have all three colors. But like I said I emailed them about what mode it was and I don't think they had a clue about what I was talking about.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=13434762358
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
personally I think the best place to get v911s is http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/1...ain-blade.html and PICK HK POST!!! It is confirmed that they have 130 mAh batteries, and fast shipping too!!
derehu1234 is offline Find More Posts by derehu1234
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:23 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter186 View Post
You ordered from y'allstore? So you did not find out what mode it was then? Because I couldn't. Let us know how it goes and what mode the Heli is and what color. If its a mode2 I am going to order another also.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 09, 2012, 11:42 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep View Post
Oh crap... That means I no longer able to fix my old corter tail motor for now & in future by ordering the new v911 tail motor(black cap) since they are phasing out the old tail motor(white cap) and old shorter tail boom. So guys..if i will to fix it now I'l better off buying the solo v2 tail motor instead of taking the risk to order another wrongcorrect v911 tail?
the actual booms are the same length, but the motor holder is offset to the rear on the new one by a fair amount. If you need to get a new tail motor be sure to get the new tail motor holder and you will be fine. Its not like they are super expensive.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives