SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,666 Posts
My V911's new look. Flight video coming up soon.

V911 with Xtreme flybar and canopy mod (2 min 25 sec)

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Apr 08, 2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Adding Video
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:20 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Then you're more lucky then me, I had a bad crash yesterday, and one end of the flybar-noodle was bend -underneath- the canopy o_O
I managed to bend it back without breaking, and it still flies, luckily.
Can't wait for my new flybars to arrive so I can do some experimenting. I can't do anything else beside slow turns without getting violent flybar strikes.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:21 AM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
351 Posts
After my flybar strikes this morning....I'm eyeing that flybar replacement.

That canopy is really sharp bob pine
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:54 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
After my flybar strikes this morning....I'm eyeing that flybar replacement.

That canopy is really sharp bob pine
If you are talking about this one here:

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7023

that is a really great idea IMHO ... have that on mine for a while now, and ever since I installed it, I have not even been able to induce a flybar strike anymore ...
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:21 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
My V911's new look. Flight video coming up soon.

http://youtu.be/iIypQqMSHwk

Chris
I have the cx nano....is the canopy a direct fit??
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Apr 08, 2012, 11:22 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
Are there any other V911 upgrades or parts you would advise to get from miracle-mart?
Got some nice monnies for my birthday, and I'm putting it all into my toy-budget, of course, so I might as well get some extras if I decide to get the CF flybar
Spare main/tail motor, different canopy, batteries, charger...?
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
I don't know, after my motor went south, I replaced it with a blade msr motor and now my 911 has a lot more thrust and it's a lot more quiet. Almost makes me wish I would have replaced it earlier.
I have a spare MCPX motor I bought for my Genius. I guess it's not the same as a MSR motor is it? Anyone know if it will work?
I ordered my V911 Friday from Bang good because of the deal for 40.00. But now I don't want to wait. I saw a seller on Ebay for 49.00 in NY state that should get to me in three days.I'm going to get it.
What should I buy for the little Heli as for spares, mods, and extra batteries. The MSR motor sounds good more power and quieter. Because this is going to be my main indoor Heli. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,666 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
If you are talking about this one here:

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7023

that is a really great idea IMHO ... have that on mine for a while now, and ever since I installed it, I have not even been able to induce a flybar strike anymore ...
That's the flybar shown in the picture I posted above. I can confirm that it eliminates flybar strikes. Flies very well, too, in my opinion.

Frank,

The Nano canopy is too small. I had to dremel part of it to add clearance for the linkage. It's tight. It just clips on there. It works, but it moves if you crash. Might be a good thing as it may not break as easily if it can move on impact.

In any case, I like that canopy. It's lighter and smaller than the MIA S300 canopy, and the built is nicer. Looks better up close and feels sturdier.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:05 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
What should I buy for the little Heli as for spares, mods, and extra batteries.
Cheapest batteries are at aliexpress (wtotoy.com), 5 for $12.99. The ones I got are 42 mm long, which are likely the 130 mAh version. In my many crashes, only the canopy got badly cracked and the landing gear got busted, which I was able to repair.

One of the cheapest BNFs is at aliexpress (wtotoy.com) at $21.99. They went from that price to $23.99, then back down to $21.99.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:41 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_novice View Post
my tail struck the wall in my house. The tail blade actually came off, so I just pushed it back on. However now when I turn up the throttle, the heli wants to spin constantly and I can't trim it out.

The bald seems fine, the heli seems fine, the left yaw control stops the tail from spinning and right yaw seems to apply more tail rotor power.
Test the gyro.

Hold the V911 in your hand and add throttle to get the tail motor turning.

Rotate clockwise and the tail motor should slow.

Rotate counter-clockwise and the tail motor should speed up.

You also should closely inspect the main gear, shaft, and everything up to the tip of the flybar. Look for links pushed in off the balls

There may be nothing wrong with the tail.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 08, 2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
299 Posts
I found that holding the heli in your hands and throttling up might not make the tail motor spin, because the gyro senses the heli isn't spinning around. You should check these things on the floor or the table to make sure. I almost threw a motor away because I thought it wasn't working but I only checked to see if it worked in my hand. Only later after soldering it for a few times did I notice putting it on the floor made it work very nicely!
andur is offline Find More Posts by andur
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:15 PM
Joined Mar 2011
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
Cheapest batteries are at aliexpress (wtotoy.com), 5 for $12.99. The ones I got are 42 mm long, which are likely the 130 mAh version. In my many crashes, only the canopy got badly cracked and the landing gear got busted, which I was able to repair.

One of the cheapest BNFs is at aliexpress (wtotoy.com) at $21.99. They went from that price to $23.99, then back down to $21.99.
Thanks for the info. I think I will order one of those BNF sooner or later that's a great deal. Also I will probably order the lipos to. But I want to make sure they are the 130's. With 10mah I wonder if there is even a difference though.
Apphoard is offline Find More Posts by Apphoard
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:38 PM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,565 Posts
Quote:
that was crazy! I was a a pretty good altitude with my copter and pulling some hard aileron moves when I had a flybar strike. It struck hard enough to pop the canopy off and I watched it slowly fall to the ground.

The heli, though, stayed aloft. Only problem is that without the canopy, that heli is really quiet with the blade MSR motor it's pretty darn hard to see without the canopy!

took me a couple seconds to find it. Luckily this heli will just hover with any input from the sticks!

Well thats strange cos without the canopy my v911 will drift backwards not hover unless you put a lot of forward trim!!
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:38 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
I found that holding the heli in your hands and throttling up might not make the tail motor spin, because the gyro senses the heli isn't spinning around. You should check these things on the floor or the table to make sure. I almost threw a motor away because I thought it wasn't working but I only checked to see if it worked in my hand. Only later after soldering it for a few times did I notice putting it on the floor made it work very nicely!
What is being explained is how to test to see if the gyro is working. If you hold on to the heli and throttle it up till the tail rotor spins, rotating the heli clockwise and counter clockwise will cause the tail motor to speed up or slow down, you can hear it and feel it try to correct in your hand.
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 08, 2012, 02:46 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
Thanks for the info. I think I will order one of those BNF sooner or later that's a great deal. Also I will probably order the lipos to. But I want to make sure they are the 130's. With 10mah I wonder if there is even a difference though.
Whatever they are, like PI mentioned, they're longer than the ones included with the complete factory v911 set.
I ordered ten (and 2 BnF v911's) from Ali in the middle of March and they arrived last week. I know they're longer because they don't even come close to fitting in the battery slots in the factory box (the ones included drop right in .. loosly).

They ARE at least as strong as the original ones though, and mine last a good minute longer.

I'm ordering more as soon as I come up with an excuse to buy 2 more short CORPTERs.
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail