HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 08, 2012, 07:07 AM
Joined Nov 2011
299 Posts
Is the tail blade on the right way? Try it the other way maybe?
andur is offline Find More Posts by andur
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
If it looks like this, you need a new motor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfw6JXWMOck

On my Xieda 9958, the toilet bowl effect is easily seen upon lift off.
First post here although i have followed this thread for a few months.
I simply joined up to say that this information is completely wrong and have seen it posted a few times by this user and it frustrates me. (I am not talking about the TBE, thats just because he cant control or setup his helicopters properly).

My first v911 would not get off the ground as it had this twitching problem. I simply applied oil to the shaft of the motor with an ear cleaner for a while with the heli upside down as i turned the blades by hand. My heli now works perfectly and has gone through 100+ batteries. I used baby oil/mineral oil as it was all i could find at the time but thin machine oil would be best. This information has been posted by plenty of other people before and has fixed many helicopters.

Don't listen to this clown. (sorry i should not have written this but have left it here as it relates to a post below.)
I should have written something like "Don't assume anything this person writes is correct"
Part timer is offline Find More Posts by Part timer
Last edited by Part timer; Apr 08, 2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedddddd View Post
I'm not sure what I have to do.
I understand how we trim the heli (the theory).
Now to do it mechanically to I have to unscrew the screw who connect the white "arm" to the servo to move it? cause I cannot move it without hearing a "motor sound" meaning it is not moving freely.

I am sorry to ask again but can someone do a :step by step" mechanical trimming process.
Thank you
Once you put that screw back in your PCB set everything back to the mid point on your controller and test your helicopter first. This may have fixed your problem as the twisting of your PCB would have affected the effectiveness of your servos. It may then just take a few clicks on your controller to get everything set.

If that doesnt work dont take the screw out the servo. You neep to pop the other end loose. (The black O that clicks on over the ball joint. Then twist this to lenghten or shorten the shaft then reattach. Try not to do this too often as each time you risk breaking the ball joint.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:29 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_novice View Post
Hi all, I have just started flying rc helicopters starting with the v911. Never flown rc choppers before and really loving it. I have been getting confident with my hovering when my tail struck the wall in my house. The tail blade actually came off, so I just pushed it back on. However now when I turn up the throttle, the heli wants to spin constantly and I can't trim it out. Any ides what might be wrong? The bald seems fine, the heli seems fine, the left yaw control stops the tail from spinning and right yaw seems to apply more tail rotor power. Thanks in advance.
Check you have not pushed the blade on too far. If it rubs on the motor housing it may not work properly
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:32 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Part timer View Post
Dont listen to this clown.
While I agree with you that he should try oiling first, there is no need for name calling just because you think PI is wrong or don't like hearing about his TBE problems. If you don't like or agree with what PI says, please make your rebuttal polite.

Thank you
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Apr 08, 2012, 08:48 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
I dont care about the TBE posts even if he does mention it basically every post. Im just glad i found useful information about this problem and not his, or else i may have given up on this helicopter or even wrecked it trying to put in a new motor. It would be sad to think of all the wonderful flying i could have missed out on.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:24 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
I dont care about the TBE posts even if he does mention it basically every post. Im just glad i found useful information about this problem and not his, or else i may have given up on this helicopter or even wrecked it trying to put in a new motor. It would be sad to think of all the wonderful flying i could have missed out on.
The fact that you find his information misleading has nothing to do with why I posted, it was the tone of your post and the name calling. I have read pretty much every post on the near 400 pages in this thread and things have been pretty much been respectful, and I would like to see it stay that way. If you have a personal issue with what PI posts, take it to PM or politely give different information and let the reader decide what is better.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:29 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
I am not talking about the TBE, thats just because he cant control or setup his helicopters properly.
They keep saying they test the helis before they ship them. That's an indirect way of saying, if something's wrong, it's not our problem. I should not have to set up my helicopter; there shouldn't be a problem with them coming out of the box. And I shouldn't have to deal with the toilet bowl effect on my Xieda 9958.
Quote:
i may have given up on this helicopter or even wrecked it trying to put in a new motor.
I don't know how anyone can wreck a helicopter putting in a new $6 motor.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Apr 2012
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
They keep saying they test the helis before they ship them. That's an indirect way of saying, if something's wrong, it's not our problem. I should not have to set up my helicopter; there shouldn't be a problem with them coming out of the box. And I shouldn't have to deal with the toilet bowl effect on my Xieda 9958.

I don't know how anyone can wreck a helicopter putting in a new $6 motor.
Arguing about this is not going to save any helicopters but going back and adding information to all you cut and paste replies about oiling the motor and not ditching it may save a few
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:55 AM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
382 Posts
Quote:
Arguing about this is not going to save any helicopters but going back and adding information to all you cut and paste replies about oiling the motor and not ditching it may save a few
I don't know, after my motor went south, I replaced it with a blade msr motor and now my 911 has a lot more thrust and it's a lot more quiet. Almost makes me wish I would have replaced it earlier.
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Apr 08, 2012, 09:57 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
I had the same problem as the guy on the video.

V911 Chicken Dance (1 min 7 sec)

Oiling didn't work. So I had to replace the motor. And oiling the motor will not solve the toilet bowl effect on my Xieda 9958.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:02 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Check you have not pushed the blade on too far. If it rubs on the motor housing it may not work properly
It seems to have clearance and is on the right way. Not sure what else to try...
a_novice is offline Find More Posts by a_novice
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:11 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
check all the wires for damage, and the whole helicopter for something that may be broken or dislodged. Always start with the cheapest things first and move on to the more expensive things.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:18 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
check all the wires for damage, and the whole helicopter for something that may be broken or dislodged. Always start with the cheapest things first and move on to the more expensive things.
All looks ok. Strange thing is the tail rotor turns when left stick is centered, seems to work harder when to the right and stops turning when to the left but doesn't seem to have enough power to stop the chopper spinning all the time.
a_novice is offline Find More Posts by a_novice
Old Apr 08, 2012, 10:35 AM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
382 Posts
that was crazy! I was a a pretty good altitude with my copter and pulling some hard aileron moves when I had a flybar strike. It struck hard enough to pop the canopy off and I watched it slowly fall to the ground.

The heli, though, stayed aloft. Only problem is that without the canopy, that heli is really quiet with the blade MSR motor it's pretty darn hard to see without the canopy!

took me a couple seconds to find it. Luckily this heli will just hover with any input from the sticks!
mcmoyer is offline Find More Posts by mcmoyer