SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:28 PM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,162 Posts
Are you piro'ing to the right or the left.
You have to get used the the 'swing' each direction has!
You need more aileron in one direction.
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:54 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Are you piro'ing to the right or the left.
I'm just talking about a hard aileron move to the left. Actually, a lot of times I'll come out of it by doing a piro. That seems to cancel the flybar movements.

If I could only figure out a way to video this....but my wife really stinks at the controls of a video camera...and I'm sure she'd probably roll her eyes when I asked her to film my heli anyway
mcmoyer is online now Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Apr 07, 2012, 08:58 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSh33P View Post
Yes that is it exactly, does anyone know whether HK will homour the warranty and how I should describe the problem.
They probably will.. Sort of :-) They will require your to reship the thing back to them at your expense and then after too long a wait will award you the purchase price... BUT.. not the shipping costs in either direction!! as 'bonus points'. Redeemable ..only ..on further crap purchases.
No need to ask how I learned of their tricks :-)
In short they might as well tell you to Get Lost! ..immediately, which would be cheaper, to the point and accurate
Moral of the story: NEVER buy anything from Hobby King that you are un willing to eat the cost + shipping of... if/when it arrives pre broken.
Rules to live by Kids.
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Apr 07, 2012, 09:05 PM
Master CP
United States, TX, Burleson
Joined Feb 2012
366 Posts
Was updating my Amazon.com wishlist and got to wondering....what's next after the V911? Love this little copter, but already starting to want to do a little bit more in terms of maneuvers.

Is a flybarless fixed pitch the way to go or do I attempt a cp copter? So far, I've only flown a DH9100 & the V911. I won't even touch my DH9100 anymore.
mcmoyer is online now Find More Posts by mcmoyer
Old Apr 07, 2012, 09:20 PM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
Has any body ordered from hobby wing that's wear I am getting mine from
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:09 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,296 Posts
Flying the WL v911 this evening. (Love This Heli)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR2YHLC8t48
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:13 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apphoard View Post
What are the best battery's to use on the 911. With or without a mod to get them to work?
The best battery to use on the V911 is the stock 130mah battery.

The least expensive battery.... well, I bought 20 of them. Works with a rubber band and popsicle stick. Don't ask.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:17 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
The best battery to use on the V911 is the stock 130mah battery.

The least expensive battery.... well, I bought 20 of them. Works with a rubber band and popsicle stick. Don't ask.
Ok....I have to ask......popsicle stick and rubber band????
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:21 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmoyer View Post
If I could only figure out a way to video this....but my wife really stinks at the controls of a video camera...and I'm sure she'd probably roll her eyes when I asked her to film my heli anyway
Never had any problem with hard aileron in either direction. The V911 moves sideways and stops. Not that ailerons are my first choice.
---

Let your wife fly it.
Old Apr 07, 2012, 10:27 PM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Ok....I have to ask......popsicle stick and rubber band????
And you have to remove that black plastic part that keeps the stock battery from moving too far forward. WL Toys decided to glue it in place. But it fell off on one of my V911's.

So I have 20 batteries that work with one of my V911's.

And 5 stock batteries for my other four V911's. One stock battery is on my neighbor's roof. Don't ask.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 12:06 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
And you have to remove that black plastic part that keeps the stock battery from moving too far forward. WL Toys decided to glue it in place. But it fell off on one of my V911's.

So I have 20 batteries that work with one of my V911's.

And 5 stock batteries for my other four V911's. One stock battery is on my neighbor's roof. Don't ask.
Can you post a picture, please.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
1 Posts
my v911 after binding will lose bing in mid air.
anyone help!
now it totally cant bind anymore....
Just a day of playing only!
pstiang is offline Find More Posts by pstiang
Old Apr 08, 2012, 01:46 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstiang View Post
my v911 after binding will lose bing in mid air.
now it totally cant bind anymore....
Sounds like a loose battery, Someone mentioned cleaning all contact points with alcohol, Try that first, and much later use a screwdriver or nutpick to pry the helicopter contacts up a little.

Binding. Transmitter throttle lowest. Insert the battery in helicopter, then quickly power on transmitter while the V911 red LED is blinking fast. May have to try a few times. Once bound, it should not matter what sequence helicopter or transmitter are powered up.

May have to power off the transmitter, then power on again.

Check your battery voltage with a digital voltmeter. Should be 4.20 volts after charging. Try a different USB charging source, or try a charge from the back of the transmitter. Seems like the problem has progressed after running down both batteries. Red LED on charger should come on when you insert battery and charge for about 30 to 45 minutes. Red LED goes out when charge complete.
Last edited by Ribble; Apr 08, 2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:25 AM
Joined Nov 2011
299 Posts
If the battery is pushed in until a certain "click" is felt, it won't have good contact. The problem is with the plastic bit of the battery. I can't get my camera to work but you can use a small knife to carve out 1-2mm of plastic corners next to the battery contacts. Kind of hard to explain but the edges protrude too much and interfere. After cutting them, you can push the battery all the way in and you'll have a good contact.
andur is offline Find More Posts by andur
Old Apr 08, 2012, 05:44 AM
Joined Mar 2012
13 Posts
Hi all, I have just started flying rc helicopters starting with the v911. Never flown rc choppers before and really loving it. I have been getting confident with my hovering when my tail struck the wall in my house. The tail blade actually came off, so I just pushed it back on. However now when I turn up the throttle, the heli wants to spin constantly and I can't trim it out. Any ides what might be wrong? The bald seems fine, the heli seems fine, the left yaw control stops the tail from spinning and right yaw seems to apply more tail rotor power. Thanks in advance.
a_novice is offline Find More Posts by a_novice