HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:28 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Hence why I'm surprised that gaining more servo throw in low rate is something no one has tried. Weird. The rudder woks perfect in low rates. Just need more servo throw.

Chris
If we want more throw, it is difficult on to mod on the TX. If we mod the bird, I guess there isn't enough space inside the canopy unless we don't use high rate after the mod.

For less throw, we may mod the TX rather easily.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:49 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspurr View Post
I just received my v911 and it seems to fly very well, esp for the price. The only problem I have so far is that the lcd on my transmitter doesn't appear to work at all (no lcd change and definitely no back light like I've seen in everyone's pics). Am I really missing out on much?
I only look at the Tx LCD to see where my Tx battery level is. Looking at the LCD is like taking your eyes off the road for an extended time while driving.

Sometimes I set my V911 on a hover so I can do something briefly, like take off my sweater. I can't do that on my Xieda 9958 because it has a toilet bowl effect.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:59 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
If anyone doesn't know, till now, Proud Infidels Xieda 9958 has a toilet bowl effect
madmito is offline Find More Posts by madmito
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
When I look at the two servos the right or starboard servo arm is horizontal or parallel to the floor. The left servo arm is angled down about 15 degrees Trims on the radio are set to neutral. Should both arms be level at the neutral position?
For me it isn't parallel, almost, but not exactly, you should try your heli in windless conditions, in a room as big as possible and see if it drifts.
1. check if swashplate is leveled.
Looking from the tail !
2. left servo controls drifting left/right.
3. right servo controls forward/backward motion.

Anyway even if heli doesn't drift (it should drift left with 15 degrees down) I would adjust servo arm to leveled and adjust linkage from servo to swash so that swash is leveled, this way you get bigger servo throw.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:24 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmito View Post
For me it isn't parallel, almost, but not exactly, you should try your heli in windless conditions, in a room as big as possible and see if it drifts.
1. check if swashplate is leveled.
Looking from the tail !
2. left servo controls drifting left/right.
3. right servo controls forward/backward motion.

Anyway even if heli doesn't drift (it should drift left with 15 degrees down) I would adjust servo arm to leveled and adjust linkage from servo to swash so that swash is leveled, this way you get bigger servo throw.
I will check it for level after I post this.

Forward trim is at two marks on the Tx.

Left - Right trim is now one dot or hash mark to the right directio since making the left servo arm angled up a little. I just removed the arm and reinstalled it one spline up.

Rudder or tail rotor is neutral.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:25 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
If we all complain about rudder is too sensitive on the stock TX, I guess we can easily reduce that by adding a couple of resistors around the rudder pot.

Unless we have other birds to use the TH9X on I don't find it worthwhile to spend another $100 (after adding shipping) on a TX while the V911 BNF is only $22.
What about a potentiometer that we could use to fine tune? I wonder if simply tracing the circuit for high/low rates and eliminate it from the the rudder control alltogether so it's always in low rate would work

Quote:
Update on my V911. I am now able to retain bind. I cleaned off the battery contacts and I flew it in the calm air of outside last evening with bright lights to keep from losing orientation. It needs trim but I think it's out of whack as assembled because trimming didn't seem to do much.
Glad this worked for ya.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:27 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
Swashplate when running (viewed from the rear) is angling down (left down and right up about 15 degrees).
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:28 PM
Joined Sep 2007
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
If we all complain about rudder is too sensitive on the stock TX, I guess we can easily reduce that by adding a couple of resistors around the rudder pot.
I have a lot of trouble with the overly twitchy tail control.

Please post directions (with pics, if possible) of how you added the resistors!
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:31 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
Quote:
I will check it for level after I post this.

Forward trim is at two marks on the Tx.

Left - Right trim is now one dot or hash mark to the right directio since making the left servo arm angled up a little. I just removed the arm and reinstalled it one spline up.

Rudder or tail rotor is neutral.
Unscrew both servo arms, make them level and then make a adjustment to linkages from servo arms to swash plate.
After you give heli a bit of throttle, the swash plate should be leveled, after throttle !
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:33 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
Quote:
Swashplate when running (viewed from the rear) is angling down (left down and right up about 15 degrees).
exactly, thats why you need right trim, as heli drifts left, adjust as I posted before this.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:34 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
2,958 Posts
Quote:
For me it isn't parallel, almost, but not exactly...
Sometimes the servo pinion/horn just do not have the resolutiion to put it exactly where we want. Theoretically the swash link should be tangent to the servo arm instead of level at idle. Hence I adjust mine a bit up at zero trim and centre stick.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:58 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,621 Posts
salutations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
Happy March birthday, mine is March 17th.
Thanks, Happy March birthday to you too!

It's been insanely nice summer weather here this week. I've been flying my V911 high, low, fast and furious! She's great fun and very "liberating", ripping it around outdoors I can compensate for it's "flight characteristics" and not crash it. While flying my CB100 outdoors I have to heed it's limitations... or it'll go down, so it's a more stressful flights with it.

Don't you just Love your V911?

happy flights!
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,221 Posts
Quote:
Unscrew both servo arms, make them level and then make a adjustment to linkages from servo arms to swash plate.
After you give heli a bit of throttle, the swash plate should be leveled, after throttle !
Quote:
exactly, thats why you need right trim, as heli drifts left, adjust as I posted before this.
Thanks guys, by ignorance is lessening.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
To prove I have more money than common sense I picked up the real Aligh T-Rex 100X today at lunch from Experience RC (some assembly required).
I want a comparison report between the V911 and the T-Rex 100X. Take a few days to evaluate.
So I don't miss it, PM it to me.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:34 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Thanks guys, by ignorance is lessening.
Make sure you secure your tail motor from twisting with tape, some like duct tape. If you leave it unsecure, your wires will get decapitated. I use 4mm square pieces x 3 on the metal only. The tail motor tends to twist clockwise, when viewing the heli's right side.