HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:56 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
Government regulations and business owner competence do a lot more to a business' success or failure.
I think and have personally seen how the bottom line will do in a business more than government regulations. I do live in Canada though so I am sure that the regulations are different between our two countries. I don't really want to get into a political discussion though so I am going to drop it and get back to the V911.

As much as I like flying this little heli I think that it will get shelved soon and that I may be buying a Heli-Max Novus 200 FP. I can get parts in North America and its a bit larger so it should fly better outdoors where I do the majority of my flying. If I can find a North American supplier for parts on the V911, it will become my indoor/winter heli
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Quote:
Right now I am kind of regretting my purchase, not because my V911 was defective, but because I am having a hard time getting the parts.
I hear you. Many, many LHS in Taiwan stopped selling the V911. Not because it's not a good little heli, but because they were tired of chasing replacement parts. I just bought parts from myrcmart and my order was shipped in 24 hours. I bought a receiver and a flybar. Should be here in a few days.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:06 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
If I can find a North American supplier for parts on the V911, it will become my indoor/winter heli
Here you go, helircstore.com. I think they're based in the Carolinas, south of your border.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:18 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Here you go, helircstore.com. I think they're based in the Carolinas, south of your border.
Thank you, but I wonder if they just do drop shipment from one of the Chinese retailers I will have to contact them and ask, if they stock locally I may have found a place to buy from
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:45 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,455 Posts
Quote:
Don't get the T Rex 100S, you'll be sorry. I understand the T Rex 100X is OK.

I feel your pain on the V911 defect. My first V911 had a bad motor (fixed easily). My second V911 had a bad PCB. My first V911 BNF (my third V911) arrived in a damaged box but there were no defects, thank goodness.
It is the 100x model.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A123 2S 2500 mah wiring diagram
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:26 AM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
Thank you, but I wonder if they just do drop shipment from one of the Chinese retailers I will have to contact them and ask, if they stock locally I may have found a place to buy from
no sir, they have the parts in stock I just got a canopy for my v911 from him. Says copter on it, pissed me off wanted the CORTER
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:32 AM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
LOL. Yes, it has a lot of throw, but ideally, I'd like to have high rate throw while flying low rate to benefit from a more manageable rudder. The rudder in high rate is simply too fast. Good for fast pirouettes but no good for sports flying, in my opinion. Additionally, more throw might give this heli the edge it needs to fly better in windy conditions. I'm just thinking out loud. I will most likely add small carbon fiber plates on top of the servo arms to add a third hole for more servo throw. I'll be able to drill out where the existing holes are so the servo arms will remain fully operational, except with one extra hole at the end.

I'm surprised no one's tried this. It's such a simple mod.

Chris
Yea sometimes I wish I had a 9x radio so that I could use that TX with my 9958's and my v911. You could adjust the piro rate and the servo throw from the TX which would be nice.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:45 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
Yea sometimes I wish I had a 9x radio so that I could use that TX with my 9958's and my v911. You could adjust the piro rate and the servo throw from the TX which would be nice.
The rudder on the will be automatically a lot easier to control on a 9X (even without using any TX features to tone it down)
That was the biggest plus when I got my FS-TH9X and bound my first V911 to it - the overly sensitive rudder was GONE!!!

(http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=16)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:14 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I hear you. Many, many LHS in Taiwan stopped selling the V911. Not because it's not a good little heli, but because they were tired of chasing replacement parts. I just bought parts from myrcmart and my order was shipped in 24 hours. I bought a receiver and a flybar. Should be here in a few days.

Chris
I ordered my spare flybars from BG 2 weeks ago, still waiting.... The positive is that mine do not require any spares so far. I want the flybars so that I may experiment to make them more flyable in the wind.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:24 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
The rudder on the will be automatically a lot easier to control on a 9X (even without using any TX features to tone it down)
That was the biggest plus when I got my FS-TH9X and bound my first V911 to it - the overly sensitive rudder was GONE!!!

(http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=16)
If we all complain about rudder is too sensitive on the stock TX, I guess we can easily reduce that by adding a couple of resistors around the rudder pot.

Unless we have other birds to use the TH9X on I don't find it worthwhile to spend another $100 (after adding shipping) on a TX while the V911 BNF is only $22.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:43 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,455 Posts
Update on my V911. I am now able to retain bind. I cleaned off the battery contacts and I flew it in the calm air of outside last evening with bright lights to keep from losing orientation. It needs trim but I think it's out of whack as assembled because trimming didn't seem to do much.

When I look at the two servos the right or starboard servo arm is horizontal or parallel to the floor. The left servo arm is angled down about 15 degrees Trims on the radio are set to neutral. Should both arms be level at the neutral position?

By the way, I am dumb as a stump on setting up a helicopter. I don't know what to look for in terms of mechanical setups such as should the flybar be parallel with the main rotor when it's under power and in neutral control position on the radio?

To prove I have more money than common sense I picked up the real Aligh T-Rex 100X today at lunch from Experience RC (some assembly required).
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Mar 22, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
If we all complain about rudder is too sensitive on the stock TX, I guess we can easily reduce that by adding a couple of resistors around the rudder pot.

Unless we have other birds to use the TH9X on I don't find it worthwhile to spend another $100 (after adding shipping) on a TX while the V911 BNF is only $22.
Hence why I'm surprised that gaining more servo throw in low rate is something no one has tried. Weird. The rudder woks perfect in low rates. Just need more servo throw.

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:00 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Jun 2003
18 Posts
I just received my v911 and it seems to fly very well, esp for the price. The only problem I have so far is that the lcd on my transmitter doesn't appear to work at all (no lcd change and definitely no back light like I've seen in everyone's pics). Am I really missing out on much? I've contacted the seller, but I'd really hate to send the whole thing back to China to do a return over next to nothing...

What do you guys think?
kspurr is offline Find More Posts by kspurr
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:16 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspurr View Post
I just received my v911 and it seems to fly very well, esp for the price. The only problem I have so far is that the lcd on my transmitter doesn't appear to work at all (no lcd change and definitely no back light like I've seen in everyone's pics). Am I really missing out on much? I've contacted the seller, but I'd really hate to send the whole thing back to China to do a return over next to nothing...

What do you guys think?
If you can fly the way it is, fly the way it is and get a 9X transmitter at some point (instead of wasting postage on exchanging the crappy stock tx ... )

just my 2cents
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Why I L-O-V-E miracle mart ...
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:19 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kspurr View Post

What do you guys think?
From Canada, it would cost more to send it back than buying a new one, probably same from the States. Try negotiating to buy a complete RTF at discount.

The backlighting turns on with throttle and it would time out to save energy on idle.

If you don't mind opening up the TX, check if the display board is connected inside. It might be as simple as a loose connector.

Good luck.