Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 22, 2012, 01:52 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,137 Posts
Yea.....mine made it NYC.....yea....now I wonder when I will get it.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2012, 02:21 AM
Lithuania
Joined Feb 2012
41 Posts
nano-tech battery mod

Here is my battery mod for Turnigy nano-tech lipos. I cut I__I shape from a credit card and glued it to a battery tray. It's better than "zip-tie" method for me
Doncius85 is offline Find More Posts by Doncius85
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncius85 View Post
Here is my battery mod for Turnigy nano-tech lipos. I cut I__I shape from a credit card and glued it to a battery tray. It's better than "zip-tie" method for me
Hi Don,

Is it strong/tight enough in holding the lipo compare with the zip-tie method? And the weight added from the mod will slightly affect the CG?
Sleep is offline Find More Posts by Sleep
Old Mar 22, 2012, 03:19 AM
Lithuania
Joined Feb 2012
41 Posts
I found it uncomfortable to use zip-tie mod with my big fingers Battery holds pretty good, it pops out only then you crash you heli. I think that small piece of credit card weights almost "nothing", so there is no affect to CG
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:16 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
my Birfday 2day... so, I'm goin flying outside anyways! lol
Happy March birthday, mine is March 17th.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Mar 22, 2012, 04:43 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbenjamin View Post
OK here are a couple of pics of my rebuilt bird. I spent a little more time balancing it and it will now hover pretty well, but when I try to go forward it goes a bit then goes back and ends up in the backwards/forwards cycle. I'm wondering if the issue is the flybar being too light? The paddles I got turned out to be for a 300 class heli and were way to long so I cut them down. Note I have the flybar connected to the long side of the pivot bar

TIA!
Did you ever get yours figured out?
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:09 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Well I just got the your parts are back ordered email I figured oh well there should be a list or parts retailers, interchangeable part, or working mods on the front page, but there wasn't.

So I am going to ask, if you have a link for battery mods and associated parts suppliers could you please post them?

This is going out to everyone, and maybe we can get it added to the FAQ on the front page.
Thanks
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Mar 22, 2012, 06:15 AM
Joined Mar 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doncius85 View Post
I found it uncomfortable to use zip-tie mod with my big fingers Battery holds pretty good, it pops out only then you crash you heli. I think that small piece of credit card weights almost "nothing", so there is no affect to CG
Thanks...I'l give it a try when i get home Btw,how's the performance of your nano-tech? I've bought some nano-tech (3x130mah & 3x160mah) for my v911 as well but they were very weak...so much weaker than the stock 120mah and can't hold much longer..only 3-4 minutes
Sleep is offline Find More Posts by Sleep
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:28 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
As a first time customer of AliExpress I am very disappointed.
Aliexpress is set up like Amazon.com or ebay where there are many vendors. The vendor here, for instance, is wtotoy.com.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep View Post
Thanks...I'l give it a try when i get home Btw,how's the performance of your nano-tech? I've bought some nano-tech (3x130mah & 3x160mah) for my v911 as well but they were very weak...so much weaker than the stock 120mah and can't hold much longer..only 3-4 minutes
I have the Turnigy nano-tech 160 mAh for my Solo Pro 270. They were dirt cheap at $1.17 each, so I bought two. They do well on my SP 270 but they're heavy for my V911 and I can feel their weight. The V911 battery is 4.0 grams. The Turnigy is 4.8 grams. When mounted on the V911, the Turnigy 160 mAh batteries do not increase flight time.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:57 AM
Lithuania
Joined Feb 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleep View Post
I get about 5 minutes. Never had stock batteries, so can't compare to them.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:04 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
Aliexpress is set up like Amazon.com or ebay where there are many vendors. The vendor here, for instance, is wtotoy.com.
I get the vendor supplier relationship. $43 is no bargain if it doesn't work. I can buy a T Rex 100 super combo right down the street for $100. If have a problem I take it back. I have to decide what my time is worth.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:16 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
I get the vendor supplier relationship. $43 is no bargain if it doesn't work. I can buy a T Rex 100 super combo right down the street for $100. If have a problem I take it back. I have to decide what my time is worth.
I fully agree with that statement to the point that if I had a vendor that sold something similar just down the street I would have bought from them first. I strongly believe we should support our local businesses or we will loose them.

Right now I am kind of regretting my purchase, not because my V911 was defective, but because I am having a hard time getting the parts I want or need in a timely manner. Finding out what you ordered is not in stock 4 days after you ordered it and paid for express shipping is not the way to make me want to purchase from that online retailer
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:18 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
I get the vendor supplier relationship. $43 is no bargain if it doesn't work. I can buy a T Rex 100 super combo right down the street for $100. If have a problem I take it back.
Don't get the T Rex 100S, you'll be sorry. I understand the T Rex 100X is OK.

I feel your pain on the V911 defect. My first V911 had a bad motor (fixed easily). My second V911 had a bad PCB. My first V911 BNF (my third V911) arrived in a damaged box but there were no defects, thank goodness.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 09:23 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post
I strongly believe we should support our local businesses or we will loose them.
Government regulations and business owner competence do a lot more to a business' success or failure.