HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:13 AM
Belgium
Joined Dec 2011
624 Posts
I always turned on my transmitter, waited till it stopped beeping, then plugged the battery in the heli, and it would bind without problem.
cgpirre is offline Find More Posts by cgpirre
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:30 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpirre View Post
I always turned on my transmitter, waited till it stopped beeping, then plugged the battery in the heli, and it would bind without problem.

Same here and this way works for either of my V911 helis
scotsoft is online now Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Feb 2012
36 Posts
Anyone know where I can get a rotor head that ships from the U.S. and will the solo pro fit?
Thanks
PsychoNhere is offline Find More Posts by PsychoNhere
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:14 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoNhere View Post
Anyone know where I can get a rotor head that ships from the U.S. and will the solo pro fit?
Thanks
Helircstore.com is the only US-based V911 vendor I know of.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:20 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
As soon as you plug in the battery, turn on the transmitter. I think you're suppose to turn on the transmitter when the red light is flashing rapidly. Make sure your left stick is all the way down. Put your helicopter more than 1 foot away from your transmitter.
I turn the Tx on after the red LED on the PCB goes from fast flashing to slow flashing. The gyro is trying to initialize while the LED is flashing fast, and once it starts flashing slower the gyro has completed initialization. Never ever had any binding problems.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:55 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I turn the Tx on after the red LED on the PCB goes from fast flashing to slow flashing ... Never ever had any binding problems.
That's what Alexxc did. So tell him his RTF is bad.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:14 PM
arizona
Joined Sep 2010
700 Posts
So after tossing the v911 versus 9958 idea around I want to order the v911. It will be my outdoor heli. My backyard is narrow with some trees so it sounds like the v911 is easier to maneuver. I want to order from ebay. How can I tell if im ordering a "newer" version? Does it reallly matter? I just want to be happy with my purchase. Thanks
ryan93civic is offline Find More Posts by ryan93civic
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:34 PM
ladybird, miniCP, msrx, 4F180
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
That's the Xieda 9958 motor mount. Utter crap. You thought a twisting motor was bad, now you have to deal with it popping out of the cradle. They better not adopt the crappy Xieda snap-on tail fin. It has a lovely tendency to twist 90 degrees on a crash.

Funny thing is that there's a channel to run the wires that goes parallel with the motor that's not being used, but I don't blame them as it's crap too. Sorry for the harshness, just don't want to see any of Xieda's bad engineering make it into my precious 911............You hear me Chris!!!
lol, i dunno why you continue to harp on the xieda as being poorly engineered. My tail motor has never had an issue on any of my 9958's. Never sliced a wire, never broke the tail mount etc. The newest xieda's come with a revised tail mount that holds the motor firmly and doesnt allow the wires to move.

The tailfin on the 9958 can be easily CA'ed. Just a small amount of glue and its not going to be moving anywhere. I just got another new 9958 today and its perfect out of the box....again. Why all the 9958 hate? Its a great heli. the 9958 is not as easy to fly but its more capable when pushed hard.
afloyd82 is offline Find More Posts by afloyd82
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Just got in some parts for my v911 today as well. Got some stock SP 260a blades, and a new canopy as my old one was all chipped up from flybar strikes.

All of the vibration I was getting was in the cut up xtreme SP blades. I put on the new 260A blades and its hovering perfect, flying circuits and funnels perfect as well. This is all on low rates too, the v911 has such fast rudder response and great inital acceleration. It will track perfectly on a circuit whereas the 9958 will track wider and wider unless you correct for it. I do really like my v911 now that I have it setup exactly as I like it. The paddles are also working well, gonna take it outside again today and see how it does in 10mph wind. Almost like the v911 as much as my 9958, but not quite :-P
Old Mar 21, 2012, 02:14 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
lol, i dunno why you continue to harp on the xieda as being poorly engineered. My tail motor has never had an issue on any of my 9958's. Never sliced a wire, never broke the tail mount etc. The newest xieda's come with a revised tail mount that holds the motor firmly and doesnt allow the wires to move.

The tailfin on the 9958 can be easily CA'ed. Just a small amount of glue and its not going to be moving anywhere. I just got another new 9958 today and its perfect out of the box....again. Why all the 9958 hate? Its a great heli. the 9958 is not as easy to fly but its more capable when pushed hard.
I can only go on my experience. Very first crash the tail fin twisted 90 degrees and jammed my tail motor. That's NEVER happened on my V911 and it's actually impossible for it to happen on the V911, so I wasn't looking for it to happen. All it took was 5 seconds of spinning in one direction to realize what happened. That 5 seconds was all it took to pre-burn out the tail motor.

The next crash, the motor popped out of the cradle. That's also never happened on my V911...motor twisting in the mount...sure, but never popping out.

I've crashed my V911 hundreds of time and the MAJORITY of V911 owners will tell you the same thing, that they've crashed it more times than they can count, and haven't broken anything significant, or at least anything that couldn't easily be repaired without going to the LHS.

In two days on the 9958 I had:

Broken skid (not glued down)
Semi-burned out tail motor
Broken guide links on the head
Broken balls on flybar
Tail fin coming off on just about every crash until I glued it
Tail motor coming out of cradle until I glued it
Dead RX from one of the EXPOSED servo gears taking damage on a crash
Canopy coming off on crashes, and
Blades that look worse than my V911's after only about 5-6 flights, and as previously stated, my V911 has hundreds of flights on it.

At least I'm not complaining about TBE (sorry Infidel, I just had to )
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Mar 21, 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
At least I'm not complaining about TBE (sorry Infidel, I just had to )
A toilet bowl effect on my POS Xieda 9958 is a significant flaw. I busted a blade on my third crash. The second blade went out on my 10th crash.

The flimsy blade on the 9958 is as bad as the flimsy flybar on my Solo Pro 270, which costs almost double that of my V911.

In many many crashes on my V911, only the landing gear is damaged, which I was able to repair, and the canopy is badly cracked.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
515 Posts
Its not like I dont crash but my crashes dont result in tons of injuries to the helicopter. I fly mine hard too, I just am careful when im around objects and try not to push the heli completely past its limits. I just dont see how this much damage is incurred so quickly. Either way, its all good.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
After 40 days of waiting for my parts to get in from banggood, I noticed that the female end of the frame is tighter than a virgin when you prick it with the tail boom. I don't understand why they have to glue the darn things together.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 03:36 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post

Great. Perhaps I should try a 9958 too.

We can talk about another heli here unlike the other forum.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:32 PM
Near Aberystwyth - Wales
Joined Aug 2004
2,116 Posts
Recived mine from RC711 http://www.rc711.com/shop/wltoys-v91...?cPath=165_160 ordered 11th March, received 20th right on my birthday.

Just bound it to FlySky TH9X, works a treat.

I have it on low rates and inner holes till i get used to it, been flying aircraft for years but newish to helis.

Is it more difficult to fly heli's in mode 1 as thats what i fly aircraft with (told you i had been flying ages (35 yrs) and that was standard in UK when i learned and I find it better for precise manouvres).

9X is currently Mode 2 like the Heli's TX so just wondering.

Deyrick
Del-Dredd is offline Find More Posts by Del-Dredd