Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:48 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andur View Post
What's the length of the CF flybar? I've got a new one in the making, maybe I need a longer one.
If no one else replies, I'll measure it when I get home.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:58 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,934 Posts
An "unmodded" Xtreme Solo Pro CF flybar is 130mm total.

@andur:
How do you use the 4#3 paddles, considering they are made for the 1mm diameter 4#3 flybar rod and the Xtreme flybars (Solo Pro as well as mSR) are 1.5mm in diameter??
(drill out the screw holes?? scrape off the CF flybar?? How?)
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:50 AM
Lithuania
Joined Feb 2012
42 Posts
What about these paddles? Will they fit?
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8392
Doncius85 is offline Find More Posts by Doncius85
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:53 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by afloyd82 View Post
did you try to counter it with cyclic input? Because you CAN tame TBE sir.
You never had the toilet bowl effect as wild as the one on my Xieda 9958 where the circular motion got wider the longer I hovered. You're suppose to control your heli, not the other way around. I'm very happy with my V911, thank you.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
They should figure out how to keep the flybar from sagging so much - use a stiffer material (?).
Nine Eagles should adopt the V911 flybar on its Solo Pro 270, which has a flimsy, easily broken flybar.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:04 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
An "unmodded" Xtreme Solo Pro CF flybar is 130mm total.

@andur:
How do you use the 4#3 paddles, considering they are made for the 1mm diameter 4#3 flybar rod and the Xtreme flybars (Solo Pro as well as mSR) are 1.5mm in diameter??
(drill out the screw holes?? scrape off the CF flybar?? How?)
The paddles on a 4#3 is different thing. They are regular paddles controlled by the swash to change pitch. They kind of give power assist to the cyclic servos plus at the same time add a little bit of inertia for stabilization.

Putting paddles on V911 won't do that as they can't really turn. I guess basically air flow will force the paddles to rotate in a plane perpendicular to the main shaft, hence effectively cutting down stabilization.

The same effect may probably be achieved by using a shorter or lighter stabilization bar with weights.

My BNF has arrived but I like to keep it flying instead of using it as a parts donor. I am still waiting for my spare stabilization bars to experiment on.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:06 AM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Hey Stonecutter I know someone once posted the links way back but don't have the time to look for it!! Where can I buy those flybar paddles and extreme flybar for my V911 please??
MO already answered that question (miracle-mart). If you want the paddles only (to be used on stock flybar), I've read ebay has them too. If you want the Xtreme CF flybar, then you'll need to get either the Xtreme flybar set for the SoloPro (comes with weights and center pin, around $7), or just the rod (doesn't come with center pin, have to find a suitable screw yourself, around $3). I got my CF flybar from Clubheli.com, the paddles from miracle-mart.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
MO already answered that question (miracle-mart). If you want the paddles only (to be used on stock flybar), I've read ebay has them too. If you want the Xtreme CF flybar, then you'll need to get either the Xtreme flybar set for the SoloPro (comes with weights and center pin, around $7), or just the rod (doesn't come with center pin, have to find a suitable screw yourself, around $3). I got my CF flybar from Clubheli.com, the paddles from miracle-mart.
What heli are the paddles from? Sorry if the question is redundant. Link to the part in question, maybe?

Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:20 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
Nine Eagles should adopt the V911 flybar on its Solo Pro 270, which has a flimsy, easily broken flybar.
BTW how does SP 270 compare to V911?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
What heli are the paddles from? Sorry if the question is redundant. Link to the part in question, maybe?

Chris
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8162

Doncius85, I think those will work, they sure look the same, but someone will have to be the Guinea pig or owner of both the 120 and MSR confirm. Maybe ask in one of the dedicated threads?
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:49 AM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
6,892 Posts
perhaps if in a hurry.. one might simply fold & glue a piece of plastic over the stock flybar weights,
making a diy wee airfoil paddle. ...Nawwww toooo easy :-).
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:53 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I own two SP270. One is faster than the other. Both are way slower than the V911. Like... WAY slower. A V911 in low rate will spin circles around a SP270 in high rate.

That said, the SP270 handles turns much better, it's quieter, and it's more a bit stable in hands free hover. Not all that much more stable, though. My V911 is pretty darn stable, as well. More importantly, the SP270 doesn't suffer from flybar strikes, even when fitted with a different RX with more servo throw like the Solo Pro 260 RX.

I think the SP270 is better flyer, though it has the handicap of having servo throw limited by factory settings. This is a big problem with the Solo Pro 270. It's just too slow and this speaks volume in terms of having the ability to fly in outdoor. But it's still a better design, in my opinion.

So if someone is after a good heli to fly indoor, casually, then the SP270 is a good choice. Mind the price difference, however. And if someone is after performance and the ability to cut through mild wind outdoor, then the V911 is a better choice. And again, there's the price to consider... Do you buy 1 X SP270, or 2 X V911 for cheaper? ...

That said, it's pretty clear that mounting a V911 RX on a SP270 would bring about the best of both world. No one has done it, yet, that we know of. I have the parts coming to convert a SP270 into a hybrid V911/SP270. I'm looking forward to try this out. I mean c'mon... 12 dollars for a V911 RX? That's just incredibly convenient.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8162

Doncius85, I think those will work, they sure look the same, but someone will have to be the Guinea pig or owner of both the 120 and MSR confirm. Maybe ask in one of the dedicated threads?
In my opinion, these would be too light. They would make for an unstable heli. Faster? Yes. Less stable? Absolutely. The weight is far more influential when experimenting with the stabilizing bar than the shape of the bar's weights itself. The NSR paddles are too light, in my opinion.

I am going to try fitting TRex100X paddles on my V911. They are heavier and beefy. It won't be difficult, actually. They are big enough to easily drill into them. I shall report.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
The SP 270 is almost double the price of the V911. It doesn't fly that much better than a V911, so paying almost double is unwarranted. The SP 270 dog tracks to the left, the V911 dog tracks to the right.

The biggest problem of the SP 270 is its flimsy flybar, which breaks easily and is hard to find. So far, only toymall99.com stocks them (one person on the SP 270 thread really does not like that website). I have a flybar fix that I'm gonna post on my blog shortly. If you drill straight, the steel reinforcement should result in a flybar that's stronger than a new unbroken flybar.

Most of us here are adults, have a job, and can afford to buy a BMW just to go to the grocery store. So if you have the money to blow and want something different, go buy the SP 270.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 11:25 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I own two SP270. One is faster than the other. Both are way slower than the V911. Like... WAY slower. A V911 in low rate will spin circles around a SP270 in high rate.

That said, the SP270 handles turns much better, it's quieter, and it's more a bit stable in hands free hover. Not all that much more stable, though. My V911 is pretty darn stable, as well. More importantly, the SP270 doesn't suffer from flybar strikes, even when fitted with a different RX with more servo throw like the Solo Pro 260 RX.

I think the SP270 is better flyer, though it has the handicap of having servo throw limited by factory settings. This is a big problem with the Solo Pro 270. It's just too slow and this speaks volume in terms of having the ability to fly in outdoor. But it's still a better design, in my opinion.

So if someone is after a good heli to fly indoor, casually, then the SP270 is a good choice. Mind the price difference, however. And if someone is after performance and the ability to cut through mild wind outdoor, then the V911 is a better choice. And again, there's the price to consider... Do you buy 1 X SP270, or 2 X V911 for cheaper? ...

That said, it's pretty clear that mounting a V911 RX on a SP270 would bring about the best of both world. No one has done it, yet, that we know of. I have the parts coming to convert a SP270 into a hybrid V911/SP270. I'm looking forward to try this out. I mean c'mon... 12 dollars for a V911 RX? That's just incredibly convenient.
Thanks for the info. 1 x anything usually isn't good enough unless for display only.

I was thinking about putting a V911 RX into my 4#3B which I still find it super difficult to fly indoors. However I guess it's the head making it difficult even though the tail motor on my 4#3B was also a big problem last time I tried. Perhaps I should put a V911 or SP complete tail on my 4#3B instead of fixing the tail gear and knight head.