Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:24 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Spare V911 screws - Use TX screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdumpling View Post
I've lost my fly bar pivot screw(the 1.2*5.5mm screw). Does any one know where I can find one? Or which spare part contain this screw?
Better late than never.

There are 13 screws in the V911 transmitter. A good source to remember. Most TX screw holes are stripped anyway. That "fake" antenna - remove the screw, then twist and pull, to open back.

Four more screws in the battery charger. But don't take the battery charger apart - hard to put back together again.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Last edited by Ribble; Mar 19, 2012 at 01:38 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:20 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Jan 2011
1,892 Posts
Here is a video of a friend of mine throwing around his stock V911 in a field. The wind was variable from almost total calm to 14 km/h gusts. You can clearly hear the flybar strikes.

erdnuckel2 - you said "Who is to say that those values in the weather forecast (which to all I know are the max values measured by meteorologists in this area) are exactly occurring at where you fly, exactly at the time when you are flying."

I used a portable anemometer that read between 0 and 14/km/h (9 mph) at ground level a few minutes before flying, which should be close enough for accuracy. There were occasional gusts that I think were even a bit stronger, much too strong for the stock V911. There were also times of little or no wind at all. Strange weather.

I personally prefer flying in 5 km/h (3 mph) or less (on my anemometer).

For those that are flying this little thing in 19mph (30 km/h) winds, hmmm . . . . that would be amazing.

On another note, the V911 handled that variable breeze infinitely better than my SP V2.
V911-mar16-12.wmv (2 min 22 sec)
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo
Old Mar 19, 2012, 04:35 AM
The Budget Man
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
Two guys actually stopped outside my house to see my flying lil' copter. So I had to put on my best show, me being a novice and all.

James, if the V911 manager is still taking suggestions, I have one, Why not make the stock tx better by adding a button to turn off the LEDs and backlight of the LCD display to save tx battery juice. They can use the dummy button on the top right corner of the tx. I am sure it would not add much to the total cost.The stock tx quickly gobbles up battery juice...
JoshWildFlyer is offline Find More Posts by JoshWildFlyer
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:08 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo View Post
Here is a video of a friend of mine throwing around his stock V911 in a field. The wind was variable from almost total calm to 14 km/h gusts. You can clearly hear the flybar strikes.

erdnuckel2 - you said "Who is to say that those values in the weather forecast (which to all I know are the max values measured by meteorologists in this area) are exactly occurring at where you fly, exactly at the time when you are flying."

I used a portable anemometer that read between 0 and 14/km/h (9 mph) at ground level a few minutes before flying, which should be close enough for accuracy. There were occasional gusts that I think were even a bit stronger, much too strong for the stock V911. There were also times of little or no wind at all. Strange weather.

I personally prefer flying in 5 km/h (3 mph) or less (on my anemometer).

For those that are flying this little thing in 19mph (30 km/h) winds, hmmm . . . . that would be amazing.

On another note, the V911 handled that variable breeze infinitely better than my SP V2.
http://youtu.be/JGukyc_Kyec
That's actually alot better than mine did stock V911 (comparing to when mine was also stock). My 19 mph winds, as I've previously mentioned were probably gusts up to with my guess of 15mph average (who knows, maybe the Weather Channel is mislabling the wind speeds and maybe they're supposed to by kph, but they say mph). My flight was done with paddles installed on an Xtreme carbon flybar, and Solo Pro stock carbon fiber mainshaft, which gave me some pretty nice head speads, which helped with gust-fighting ability.

I now have the paddles installed on the stock flybar, which I'm content with as it performs good enough for most of my heavier wind-flying, but not as good as when I had the Xtreme flybar mounted as the paddles were mounted more outboard as well. The Xtreme flybar will crack over time near the fulcrum as the the plastic used isn't as flexible as stock. Some sort of damping mechanism would probably help absorb impact shock on crashes, but I've yet to implement anything.

Check my blog and videos and look at the trees in the background. Also look at Holicopter's video with windmills in the background (and his is stock as well):

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=3574
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Mar 19, 2012 at 05:15 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:22 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshWildFlyer View Post
Two guys actually stopped outside my house to see my flying lil' copter. So I had to put on my best show, me being a novice and all.

James, if the V911 manager is still taking suggestions, I have one, Why not make the stock tx better by adding a button to turn off the LEDs and backlight of the LCD display to save tx battery juice. They can use the dummy button on the top right corner of the tx. I am sure it would not add much to the total cost.The stock tx quickly gobbles up battery juice...
Check where you re buying your batteries from my stock tx has been using the same 6 AA batteries for over 2 months now!!
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:24 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
So I just ordered some spare parts from Bang Goods, and paid the extra for 2-3 day delivery, I don't expect anything before next Friday

This morning was a nice windless morning and I got to go out and test the second blade set. I got 4 nice flights in and there was less vibration, so either the original blades were out of balance, or one of my earlier crashes had pre cracked the blade and I never noticed it on my inspections.

I only had one semi crash this morning, I got blinded by the sun and flew into a tree and hung the heli in it about 15' up. I was able to fly it out with a couple of quick throttle burst and some yaw to get the skids unhooked. I am really enjoying this little helicopter out doors, still working on my right hand turns though. It seems to whip around no matter how little rudder I give it, while the left turns are much smoother on the rudder.

Someone asked for more detailed pictures of the tail motor mount, I will try get those up this evening. We had a death in the family and that is the priority right now. When my new tail motor comes it I could do a set of WIP pictures showing how I swapped the motor
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:25 AM
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Will the solo pro stock flybar fit the V911?
eagle75 is offline Find More Posts by eagle75
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:39 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle75 View Post
Will the solo pro stock flybar fit the V911?
Not without modifications or using the Solo Pro head and blades, see my blog for details\pics, but the Solo Pro uses a 'captured' thinner feathering shaft and is wider than the V911's.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:45 AM
The Budget Man
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Check where you re buying your batteries from my stock tx has been using the same 6 AA batteries for over 2 months now!!
I use Eveready super heavy duty, after 2 weeks I'm down to one bar left on the LCD display...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:47 AM
The Budget Man
Joined Jan 2012
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG Mason Knives View Post

Someone asked for more detailed pictures of the tail motor mount, I will try get those up this evening. We had a death in the family and that is the priority right now. When my new tail motor comes it I could do a set of WIP pictures showing how I swapped the motor
Sorry for your loss... but getting a stuck heli out of the tree is real epic stuff...
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:05 AM
Joined Feb 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Not without modifications or using the Solo Pro head and blades, see my blog for details\pics, but the Solo Pro uses a 'captured' thinner feathering shaft and is wider than the V911's.
Thanks for the response. I will wait for my spares to arrive.
eagle75 is offline Find More Posts by eagle75
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:16 AM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Why not make the stock tx better by adding a button to turn off the LEDs and backlight of the LCD display to save tx battery juice.
I use rechargeable batteries and they last about a month. I don't use the Tx to charge the LiPos. I always use the USB charger and a cell phone charger.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:22 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Jun 2009
3,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I specified the colour when I paid for my BNF on paypal. We'll see what I really get.
I picked up the BNF with extra batteries this morining. It is the colour I specified. It is a red and white Copter.

It has the original tail mount, skid and batteries, not even sure what to look for the new swashplate.

Anyway, nothing goes wrong with my first V911 so far. I suppose it is OK even it is old stock.
Wasp09 is online now Find More Posts by Wasp09
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:22 AM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for your loss... but getting a stuck heli out of the tree is real epic stuff...
There are no leaves on the trees here yet, if there were I don't think the landing gear would have been able to get hooked on the tree
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Mar 19, 2012, 09:32 AM
when is the wind stopping??
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp09 View Post
I picked up the BNF with extra batteries this morining. It is the colour I specified. It is a red and white Copter.

It has the original tail mount, skid and batteries, not even sure what to look for the new swashplate.

Anyway, nothing goes wrong with my first V911 so far. I suppose it is OK even it is old stock.
The new swash has beefier ball-link holders you should notice the difference when comparing side by side.
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona