HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 09:37 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
@hope: I will ask him today as hes added me to his IM thing.. but I would think you probably have to swap out the board or resolder the wires. BTW he did meantion the company receiving emails regarding upgrades and those emails reached the engineers... so I'm guessing that was you! Haha

@hayabusaheli: it was in the works a while ago, they probably took note of it when I first called a while back.

The owner is a very nice person judging from our conversations and he said he is open to all suggestions. I've also given him the link to this thread so if you have any suggestions don't hesitate to post here or to PM me
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:05 PM
Canada, ON, Iroquois
Joined Mar 2012
555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
@hope: I will ask him today as hes added me to his IM thing.. but I would think you probably have to swap out the board or resolder the wires. BTW he did meantion the company receiving emails regarding upgrades and those emails reached the engineers... so I'm guessing that was you! Haha

@hayabusaheli: it was in the works a while ago, they probably took note of it when I first called a while back.

The owner is a very nice person judging from our conversations and he said he is open to all suggestions. I've also given him the link to this thread so if you have any suggestions don't hesitate to post here or to PM me
How about a 200 size version
SG Mason Knives is offline Find More Posts by SG Mason Knives
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:11 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,364 Posts
James, tell him despite any flaws with the V911, it's still an awesome product and I for one appreciate it, including the recent improvements. That being said, here are some more suggestions:

He probably knows that its biggest competitor is the 9958 as it flies in wind better (well at least stock). Do you know if he's considered using a paddled flybar and\or inverted battery? The Xieda is quiet because of the gear mesh. Has he looked into using the same pinion to quiet down the V911? how about a pivot ball for the stock swashplate? Thanks.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:31 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
how about a pivot ball for the stock swashplate?
What's wrong with the swash plate pivot ball?
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
@hope: I will ask him today as hes added me to his IM thing.. but I would think you probably have to swap out the board or resolder the wires. BTW he did meantion the company receiving emails regarding upgrades and those emails reached the engineers... so I'm guessing that was you! Ha
James, I figured that I would need to purchase the "new" board and solder some plugs to the motor and battery wires; but where will we be able to buy these upgrade parts such as the new board with plugs and the new tail motor mount and the screw on landing skids etc.? We will also need the both the male and female ends of the plugs to solder them to the wires. Please explain to him that they need to help those who already have a V911 but want to upgrade without having to buy another whole helicopter. Another reason I don't want to purchase yet another V911 is that it takes to long to get them from China, a month or more is ridiculous. The same goes for the parts. They need a proper US distributor that will keep the V911 and ALL it's parts in stock and not rape the public with prices double what it sells for from China.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:53 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
What's wrong with the swash plate pivot ball?
There is none
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
They need a proper US distributor that will keep the V911 and ALL it's parts in stock and not rape the public with prices double what it sells for from China.
There are plenty of US sellers on ebay,such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5CH-4-Chan...item231b28eaa7
derehu1234 is offline Find More Posts by derehu1234
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derehu1234 View Post
There are plenty of US sellers on ebay,such as http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5CH-4-Chan...item231b28eaa7

Good point!! And decent prices! But my only question is: How do you determine if the V911 you are buying is the "latest" version with the updates that James mentioned? And will the ebay sellers stock the updated parts, such as the new board with plugs, the screw on skids and the new tail motor mount when they become available? I notice that the V911 in the link you attached comes with the old 120mah 15C lipos and not the new 130mah 20C lipos for example.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:31 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
There is none
Got ya ... I thought you were talking about the linkage balls.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:33 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derehu1234 View Post
That's not a bad price with free shipping since even Banggood is now asking over $50.

But ... "4.5CH 4 Channel Gyro" ...in the ebay ad.
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; Mar 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:36 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Good point!! And decent prices! But my only question is: How do you determine if the V911 you are buying is the "latest" version with the updates that James mentioned? And will the ebay sellers stock the updated parts, such as the new board with plugs, the screw on skids and the new tail motor mount when they become available? I notice that the V911 in the link you attached comes with the old 120mah 15C lipos and not the new 130mah 20C lipos for example.
Since the V911 is changing so fast, it would be nice if WLToys put some kind of revision identifier with the model ... like "V911, Rev C" or "V911 Mk II" or whatever so people could tell what it is by the designator.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:45 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Just did the 200th flight of my V911 with average of 5 min flights means it has ran for 16 hrs, 40min.

She's still all original with just a cracked canopy, and still the original batteries (100 charge/discharge cycles on each). Crash record says there were 128 crashes in those 200 flights ... or a crash percentage of 64%. Of course most of those where done in the first 100 flights.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:00 AM
Joined Feb 2011
5,364 Posts
Quote:
That's not a bad price with free shipping since even Banggood is now asking over $50.

But ... "4.5CH 4 Channel Gyro" ...in the ebay ad.
Don't forget coupon code d736c8 which brings it down to $43.34 shipped.

Hopefully Aaron can get Hong Kong shipping option sometime down the road. I'd actually pay a few bucks for it.
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 19, 2012, 12:06 AM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Don't forget coupon code d736c8 which brings it down to $43.34 shipped.

Hopefully Aaron can get Hong Kong shipping option sometime down the road. I'd actually pay a few bucks for it.
why bother? http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/1...lade-Solo.html pick HK post~ I bought one from her, shipped out within 2 days and communication is decent.
derehu1234 is offline Find More Posts by derehu1234
Old Mar 19, 2012, 01:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,893 Posts
Quote:
Some good flying there. I need to find a big area like that to stretch the legs out.

Where you on the fast rate setting on the Tx while flying there?
Indeed, I'm lucky to have decent flying space in and outdoor. My yard is quite protected from the wind, too, with buildings all around.

The flight videos are between high and low rates. I switch back and forth throughout the flights. Usually high rates for FFF and low rates doing left turns.

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor