HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:45 AM
United States, IA, Glenwood
Joined Jan 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
safe, simple circuits ... ? What other helis do you fly?
flew slow circles around me, no dashing towards walls. Been flying 9958 since Christmas, the 911 is alot steadier. After flying both batteries on the 911, I flew a battery on the 9958, on it I am constantly correcting for something, be it altitude, rudder, cyclic or something. Have it mechanically trimmed pretty well, but flying even simple circles with it is a lot more work.
Danlb25 is online now Find More Posts by Danlb25
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:09 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlb25 View Post
flew slow circles around me, no dashing towards walls. Been flying 9958 since Christmas, the 911 is alot steadier. After flying both batteries on the 911, I flew a battery on the 9958, on it I am constantly correcting for something, be it altitude, rudder, cyclic or something. Have it mechanically trimmed pretty well, but flying even simple circles with it is a lot more work.
So you actually fly the heli behind your back? and you call that simple? I call that impossible ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
So you actually fly the heli behind your back? and you call that simple? I call that impossible ...
when I said circles around me, I meant as I am in the center and nothing prevents me from turning on axis with the heli, BTW I just put the MCX blades and head, and MSR flybar on my 9958 and although it seems a bit more sensitive, it actually settled down a bit if that makes any sense
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:21 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
Quote:
so you actually fly the heli behind your back? And you call that simple? I call that impossible ...
roflmao
madmito is offline Find More Posts by madmito
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:23 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlb25 View Post
when I said circles around me, I meant as I am in the center and nothing prevents me from turning on axis with the heli, BTW I just put the MCX blades and head, and MSR flybar on my 9958 and although it seems a bit more sensitive, it actually settled down a bit if that makes any sense
Why not, If I get it, is hovers better and is more responsive ?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:25 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
If anybody gave up on CA I posted this in another (almost dead) thread.
I glued my skids "perfectly", well at least I broke them in another spot 15 minutes ago

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=858
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:50 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
My V911 was experiencing the dreaded shudder problem so I was changing out as many parts as possible.
I got my 2nd V911 from banggood, 19 days shipping time. I have no shuddering. On my 1st V911, I crashed it many many times, no shuddering.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:57 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,926 Posts
Quote:
Does flying with the TX behind your back count?

Trex-700N Raquel Bellot (es) (8 min 43 sec)

Go to 3:45 for the part where this talented female pilot holds the TX behind her back, and still flips the heli around like it's nothing.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
Old Feb 18, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
After responding that I was turning with the heli, it got me thinking, so the next battery I flew circles around myself without turning my body, keeping my feet firmly planted and only turning my head (and doing the "owl" fast turn) to follow the heli and didn't crash. I don't think the circles were quite as round but I'll keep working on it.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:04 PM
my precious Corter
Joined Jan 2012
252 Posts
we need video proof

@solo pro
I wish I had 10% of her talent
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:11 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlowPuff View Post
Yesterday's flights were my first with a 4 channel heli, so yes indeed I have a ton of practice ahead of me. I'll take good rests between flights from now on.
Getting use to the 4-ch operation will take a little time and practice. Trying to control both throttle and yaw on the left stick takes practice. After I got use to it, I have no problem keeping the altitude constant anymore.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:24 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proud Infidel View Post
I got my 2nd V911 from banggood, 19 days shipping time. I have no shuddering. On my 1st V911, I crashed it many many times, no shuddering.
You're gonna jinx yourself.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:29 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Getting use to the 4-ch operation will take a little time and practice. Trying to control both throttle and yaw on the left stick takes practice. After I got use to it, I have no problem keeping the altitude constant anymore.
Listen to Haybusa, it doesn't take long, only took me 8 flights to get used to it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1508

I'm guessing it's easier to learn to fly the V911 if you didn't even have a 3 ch coax to begin with.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:38 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
You're gonna jinx yourself.
Nah, my next 4 channel is a Solo Pro 270, ordered Feb 12, HobbyKing hasn't shipped yet.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Feb 18, 2012, 02:40 PM
Joined Sep 2011
6 Posts
V911 arrived today from banggood and so far very impressed. Build quality appears better than the solo pro especially the canopy. To start with my solo pro took a lot of work to get trimmed out and even then inside it wanders but the V911 was rock solid in a hover right out of the box. Many of the flight characteristics are the same but the V911 feels all around much more precise and easier to place for landings perhaps due to better servos, the tail being especially snappy while the solo pro feels smoother somehow. This is all indoor flight for the moment.

Amazing deal to get this with tx, 2 batteries, charger and spare blades delivered for just over 30.
mark_l is offline Find More Posts by mark_l