HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:19 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,611 Posts
Caomingo, you're doing great. If my Spanish is half as good as your English, I would be quite happy with myself.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2012, 02:40 PM
United States, MI, Oxford Charter Township
Joined Mar 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
There was little or no wind. There would be an occasional mild breeze that would kick up but not very strong. I've had bad results trying to fly in breezy conditions.
When it is windy (for me) I have a couple of different problems.

(1) The Heli would just climb very fast and the wind would start to carry it away quickly. A medium wind would make it difficult or impossible to have it fly against the wind and have it return to you.

(2) The other thing I noticed is the nose has a tendency to dive when I'm trying fast forward flight (FFF). If I didn't have enough altitude it would scrape the ground fairly quickly. Letting off the throttle tends to stop the groundward dive. I don't like to get it too high because the wind can be stronger up high when it's not blocked by the surrounding houses.

Also, when I'm flying into the wind, in order to avoid being carried away, the Heli will climb rather quickly... so you reduce the throttle (so that it doesn't fly over a nearby house) and then the wind will start to carry it off again. Sort of a no win scenario. So, more throttle to try and fight the wind causes it to climb and less throttle to stop the climb, lets the wind take control. I typically cut throttle quickly and let her fall to the ground rather then get swept away over a neighbors house.

I want to try an open field sometimes soon or a gym would be nice to try also.
I only had 1 chance so far to take her outside with little wind. it was a lot more fun outside then inside, thats for sure, but even a little wind takes takes it away really fast. I almost lost it in a high tree once. Were you on high rates on the video?
fisch1 is offline Find More Posts by fisch1
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
My v911 cells are pretty good.

v911 discharge chart*

*updated with Eflite new 150mAh 25c discharge curve
I think you should try a Thunder Power 150 mAh 25C also. I find them near the power of the hyperion and "New" E-flite 150, but a little less weight gives it a slight advantage in the air.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:50 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,437 Posts
John, I have a couple of the Thunder Power. But near the end of their life so I'll have to get a new cell for testing. I like their size and weight. But I don't like their price. About $8-9.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
John, I have a couple of the Thunder Power. But near the end of their life so I'll have to get a new cell for testing. I like their size and weight. But I don't like their price. About $8-9.
Ouch! I bought 2 Turnigy batteries for $1.17 each for my Solo Pro 270 that I haven't received yet. We'll see how they go.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:06 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Just took her out in about 6-9 mph winds and was able to fly without crashing. I was able to fly into the wind, but of course mostly diving into it, but I was also able to do a few circuits. She was less likely to head off to heavens. Next step is fixing paddles and see how she does again.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:38 PM
Joined Jan 2012
16 Posts
Burnt transistor on PCB?

[QUOTE=r6_cannibal;20732232]I agree with asanado, it looks like a mosfet transistor. I haven't had the chance to fix my heli yet but hopefully this evening I'll have a little free time. My 2yr old daughter likes to change my plans, even if she doesn't know they exist :P
When I do the fix for the tail motor wire, I'll take a look at that component.[/QUOT

Thanks guys. I have 2 young daughters aswell so i know how they can interfere with flying time!! I had a look at the links from assando and there was some useful info there but i'm still not certain about the component. It only has 3 pins (2 on one side and one on the other) not six like the ones i saw in the links. I think it has A006 printed on it and there is the same component on the other side of the PCB (see photo) if that helps?

PS. Banggood suddenly cancelled my parts order from 11th Jan even though i changed the order to BNF V911 just the other day when they advised me the parts were unavailable. Now i'm wondering if they are going to cancel my other V911 BNF order? Time to message Aaron i think
nathan8887 is offline Find More Posts by nathan8887
Old Feb 13, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
Massive: That's great! My stock v911 would not fly into the wind at all. Cant wait to get her upgraded.

What do you mean my fixing the paddles?
daobn24 is offline Find More Posts by daobn24
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daobn24 View Post
Massive: That's great! My stock v911 would not fly into the wind at all. Cant wait to get her upgraded.

What do you mean my fixing the paddles?
Just to expand, before I could barely maintain position in the wind. I would have to dive just to maintain position against the wind.......now I can actually gain position against the wind direction. It's not perfect, but much better than before. I found myself having to cut throttle much less.

What I mean by fixing paddles........I ordered an Xtreme carbon fiber flybar for my incoming 9958, which has paddles (2 sets of them........I'm guessing different weights). It's actually for the Blade MSR, but it should work on the 9958. I plan on taking one set of paddles and installing them on my current Xtreme carbon flybar, replacing the weights.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Jan 2012
38 Posts
What would you achieve by replacing the weights with paddles?

ALso you said you bought the med weight for the cf fb a few posts back, do you mind sharing where you got them from? I'm thinking about just cutting the heavy weight down to med. size.
daobn24 is offline Find More Posts by daobn24
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Hey guys I finally got my v911 in the mail today, but the box it came in was quite dented. Therefore I am wanting to hear about your guys' experience with the condition of the package (box and helicopter) when you finally received it. Also to note, I ordered mine from Banggood so the shipping was free which I'm guessing relates to the dented box I got.
FrugalisFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FrugalisFlyer
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:18 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
I repaired my first V911 as the RX 3 in 1 emitted a White plume of smoke as soon as I connected the cell.
Aaron was so kind as to send a replacement heli' and RX board of which I received both today.
I now have 2 fully functional V911s and a spare RX PCB.
The spare RX PCB seems to come minus an antenna, so I just soldered one on.
Anyway, was somewhat reluctant about using Banggood due to the mixed reviews all over Google, but I must give them credit were it's due...
They look after their customers well IMO.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Last edited by Username>; Feb 13, 2012 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daobn24 View Post
What would you achieve by replacing the weights with paddles?

ALso you said you bought the med weight for the cf fb a few posts back, do you mind sharing where you got them from? I'm thinking about just cutting the heavy weight down to med. size.
Read bottom post:

http://www.helituning.com/index.php/...explained.html

Also:

http://www.electric-rc-helicopter.co...hts-t4240.html

I got mine from Miracle Mart:

http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=7052

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalisFlyer View Post
Hey guys I finally got my v911 in the mail today, but the box it came in was quite dented. Therefore I am wanting to hear about your guys' experience with the condition of the package (box and helicopter) when you finally received it. Also to note, I ordered mine from Banggood so the shipping was free which I'm guessing relates to the dented box I got.
My box was dented as well, but helicopter was undamaged
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:33 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
I repaired my first V911 as the RX 3 in 1 emitted a White plume of smoke as soon as I connected the cell.........
/d5cde1ce-a86a-c1a9.jpg[/IMG]
Was it a pcb component repair for the first V911? If so could you give details or pics?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol
Old Feb 13, 2012, 06:53 PM
Brosol
Canada
Joined Dec 2010
1,111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Just to expand, before I could barely maintain position in the wind. I would have to dive just to maintain position against the wind.......now I can actually gain position against the wind direction. It's not perfect, but much better than before. I found myself having to cut throttle much less..........
Have you experimented with shifting the CG forward such as putting plumber's putty inside the canopy at the nose section would help fight the wind?
Brosol is offline Find More Posts by Brosol