HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:15 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,069 Posts
HK sent me an email 2 days ago that they allegedly got a new batch in - just their stock does still show backorder and you cant put it in your cart ... they are really getting on my nerves with this tactic ...

Unfortunately I dont know another place that has them ....

As for banggood ... to my experience up to now, start getting concerned after 3 or more weeks if nothing happened yet - but before that, dont even bother ... stuff to the US just takes this amount of time (especially free shipping ...)
Still not as bad as the packages I tend to get from Germany ... the last one took a week to get from Germany to new york and then 8 weeks (yes, that is no typo!!!) to get the 70miles from NY to me ... and the current one was shipped 5 weeks ago and I communicate with the sender frequently, but there is absolutely nothing to be found out except that it left Germany on Jan 6.

That is just how blessed we are with the USPS ... get used to it, it will only get worse!!
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined Feb 2012
36 Posts
Ya Man HK did that to me also that's lame!!!!!
PsychoNhere is offline Find More Posts by PsychoNhere
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
I hope I dont sound obnoxious or anything, but this is a 14$ list of "a few" parts (no offense ... ...)
The complete BNF heli only costs 28.xx - so would it not make more sense to just buy a second heli (if necessary as parts donor, but if not then just to double your back to back flight time ... ???)
Good point.
Actually what I would do is order a BNF at $28 and also get the above parts.
That's just me. Then I have 2 complete Helis and can repair some of the more common failures/breakages and keep 2 Helis flight worthy.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Feb 12, 2012, 06:40 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
HK sent me an email 2 days ago that they allegedly got a new batch in - just their stock does still show backorder and you cant put it in your cart ... they are really getting on my nerves with this tactic ...

Unfortunately I dont know another place that has them ....

As for banggood ... to my experience up to now, start getting concerned after 3 or more weeks if nothing happened yet - but before that, dont even bother ... stuff to the US just takes this amount of time (especially free shipping ...)
Still not as bad as the packages I tend to get from Germany ... the last one took a week to get from Germany to new york and then 8 weeks (yes, that is no typo!!!) to get the 70miles from NY to me ... and the current one was shipped 5 weeks ago and I communicate with the sender frequently, but there is absolutely nothing to be found out except that it left Germany on Jan 6.

That is just how blessed we are with the USPS ... get used to it, it will only get worse!!
My V911 finally arrived taking 33 days to arrive in the UK, then to top it all off they sent me the wrong colour
scotsoft is online now Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:08 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,971 Posts
Quote:
I hope I dont sound obnoxious or anything, but this is a 14$ list of "a few" parts (no offense ... ...)
The complete BNF heli only costs 28.xx - so would it not make more sense to just buy a second heli (if necessary as parts donor, but if not then just to double your back to back flight time ... ???)
Having a complete spare is nice, but consider that you're going to break some parts alot more than others, such as canopies and skids and the time it takes to ship spares, you still need the individual parts like those just mentioned.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,971 Posts
The only problem I had was when a part was out of stock and my order didn't ship because of it. Aaron is a good guy and I'm convinced he wants to provide the best service. I think with this sudden demand for the V911 (and probably now we'll see the same demand for the 9958 now that he carries it), it's going to take awhile to bring the system up to par to deal with the load. While it would be nice to have everything automated, send him a PM for now.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: RC Logger Eye One Xtreme
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:49 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
My V911 finally arrived taking 33 days to arrive in the UK, then to top it all off they sent me the wrong colour
On Jan 30, I ordered my V911 from Banggood.com with the free shipping.
Today Feb 12, I ordered a Solo Pro 270 from HobbyKing.com. Shipping was $17.95. Total damage is $80.98.

I wonder which one will come first ...
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Well, here is some news I think you're all going to like! Please read the response below that I just received from Chris Chen at WL Toys.

Dear David,

Thanks for your great help in improving our v911.

As for the battery,we have make it from 120Mah to 130,and the output elec from 15c to 20c,which mean that it can be used 1-2 mins more than before.
The landing skids,we are planning to make it into a screw,so once it broken,it will be easy to replace.how do you think?

----------------------------

Best regards

Chris Chen
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:20 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
erdnuckel and Psycho, add me to growing list of people who are sick of HobbyKings' tactics with regards to getting the Turnigy 9X.

I have been waiting a month now for mine, and it still hasn't shipped! I also keep getting emails from them telling me that a shipment of the 9X "just came in", but do I get one? Nooo! I email them about it and they reply that there are others still ahead of me. Well, I tell them that I am a professional sales and marketing person, and that in retail if demand for a product is greater than the supply, it means you the retailer needs to increase your supply, and if necessary put pressure on the manufacturer of said product to produce more to meet demand. You don't screw over your paying customers by making them wait endlessly after they have long since paid for the product!!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:28 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
I found the 'flysky' 9x at leadershobby (as an alternative to HK), and I decided to order from them instead purely due to being able to actually remove the Tx module (well that and the $40 price they had them at). However, they too are very back-ordered. Mine's been on back-order for 2 weeks, but with the back-order count at 170 or so, I figure I'll be waiting quite a while longer.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Well, here is some news I think you're all going to like! Please read the response below that I just received from Chris Chen at WL Toys.

Dear David,

Thanks for your great help in improving our v911.

As for the battery,we have make it from 120Mah to 130,and the output elec from 15c to 20c,which mean that it can be used 1-2 mins more than before.
The landing skids,we are planning to make it into a screw,so once it broken,it will be easy to replace.how do you think?

----------------------------

Best regards

Chris Chen
You wont see an extra 1-2 min's of flight time by a 10mAh cell capacity increase. 20-30 seconds extra is about right.
I really like the stock cells and think they coped admirably with the load.
Mine didn't even become slightly warm, so there's not much point increasing the discharge rating.
In fact, they perform better than my Hyperions and other small cells.
I wouldn't mind knowing who actually manufacture the stock cells.
The landing gear amendment is a good idea though I think.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Jan 2012
682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
I also tried spring wire for a Solo leg replacement, while it worked great for awhile.... eventually the rest of the skid broke... and left me with my spring-wire leg and a battery box! LOL Building a whole skid out of spring-wire would be best, but I haven't gone there yet...
Yeah I was thinking to basically make the entire gear as a single piece of music wire. Do you know what gauge you used. I was thinking really small like 0.03" (20 ga) but I'm not sure if it would be strong enough, and I don't have any on hand.
PhracturedBlue is offline Find More Posts by PhracturedBlue
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:36 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
damo666, you may be right about the battery; but still, it is good news that they, WL Toys does listen to us, the customers. any improvement in the battery capacity and the V911 itself is appreciated. I prefer to be positive about this news.

By the way, Chris just sent me another email to say the new battery should be out in about a week, and that they consider the "customer is god". Those were his exact words! Makes me think a lot of WL Toys and their customer relations!
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
damo666, you may be right about the battery; but still, it is good news that they, WL Toys does listen to us, the customers. any improvement in the battery capacity and the V911 itself is appreciated. I prefer to be positive about this news.

By the way, Chris just sent me another email to say the new battery should be out in about a week, and that they consider the "customer is god". Those were his exact words! Makes me think a lot of WL Toys and their customer relations!
Yeah, I agree.

It's not often that you get a proactive response, or even a response for that matter, from a manufacturer so this is really good of them.

With regards the improved cell; Even though you'll only see an extra 20-30 seconds of flight time, I suppose every extra little helps with these things in terms of air time.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Feb 12, 2012, 09:43 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,069 Posts
Quote:
erdnuckel and Psycho, add me to growing list of people who are sick of HobbyKings' tactics with regards to getting the Turnigy 9X.

I have been waiting a month now for mine, and it still hasn't shipped! I also keep getting emails from them telling me that a shipment of the 9X "just came in", but do I get one? Nooo! I email them about it and they reply that there are others still ahead of me. Well, I tell them that I am a professional sales and marketing person, and that in retail if demand for a product is greater than the supply, it means you the retailer needs to increase your supply, and if necessary put pressure on the manufacturer of said product to produce more to meet demand. You don't screw over your paying customers by making them wait endlessly after they have long since paid for the product!!
How can you be "in line" and other be "in front of you in line", if they dont let people put the TX in their cart and actually pay for it to get to a reserved status?? - this kinda mean as there are people in line waiting, they get the ones from the next batch ... no problem here - where I DO have a problem with is that I cannot "add" myself to the waiting queue ... ...

EDIT:
Just double checked: another "interesting" behavior is, that you CAN very well backorder the 65$ TX9X from the US warehouse, however you CANNOT backorder the 40$ TX9X from the HK warehouse ...

"Interesting", right???
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by erdnuckel2; Feb 12, 2012 at 10:22 PM.