plus the skids are durables. Maybe a solopro lipo/skids is not necessary
alxlab is offline Find More Posts by alxlab
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:16 PM
Québec!
Canada, QC, Longueuil
Joined Jul 2011
137 Posts
finally, flybar and swash are the weak spots (4 me)
alxlab is offline Find More Posts by alxlab
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:22 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shafter View Post
My girlfriend got today her first lesson with right stick

And guess what: she broke the landing skid :P
Sticks on a 4-ch can be dangerous if the operator has no experience. Of course, I've crashed my V911 about 70 times now and haven't broken much (just cracked the canopy). It's all in the luck of the crash I guess.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:22 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,106 Posts
sorry, deleted.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:24 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
So, don't be tempted to try any of these Teflon lubricants... I'm assuming it gummed up the motor somehow. Lesson learned.
Did you lube the guts of the motor with that lube? It's dry lubricant, so I don't see how it smoked the motor.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:28 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
I broke out one of my S107s last night for a flight. Had to think for a minute how to control 3-ch again ... was trying to move the left stick left and right ... LOL. I couldn't believe how slow and boring the 3-ch coaxial heli was. The V911 has ruined the desire for any 3-ch coax anymore. This is probably good in the long run.
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:29 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,106 Posts
The Teflon Lubricant is in liquid form.

@Ken, let your motor dry out. It may come back to life. We could hope.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Feb 01, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jan 2012
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
I broke out one of my S107s last night for a flight. Had to think for a minute how to control 3-ch again ... was trying to move the left stick left and right ... LOL. I couldn't believe how slow and boring the 3-ch coaxial heli was. The V911 has ruined the desire for any 3-ch coax anymore. This is probably good in the long run.
I certainly share the same feelings of my S107. I've handed the "keys" to the S107 to my 7-year old so now the wife can't say that it was a waste... Depending on how the v911 controls, I may purchase a 2nd one for my son!
ink124 is offline Find More Posts by ink124
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:00 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
I went on banggood.com today and looked for the BNF version of the V911 and couldn't find it. Aaron, is it available yet? Any update info on offering the Turnigy 9X Mode 2 V2 transmitter both as a stand-alone and as part of a bundle/package with the V911?

On another note, I was talking to the guy at our local hobby shop, and he has the Revell Proto heli which, as you know, IS actually the Solo Pro; and he says he gets around 10 minutes of time out of it with the stock lipo. Why does that heli get much better flight time? Is their motor more efficient? I had him order me the Bravo SX motor which will be in next week. Hopefully my flight time will improve.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:05 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Can anyone using a 9X currently with this heli comment on how much better it is to use with this heli then the stock tx? More precise control?
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:11 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Been lurking here for a while now and have a v911 on order.

Tilly posted on the CA de-bonder some time ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
On a side note for those planning to try cyano de-bonder it melts plastic and leaves it really sticky.
Hope that helps those considering using a CA de-bonder
WinterKill is offline Find More Posts by WinterKill
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:14 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,007 Posts
I read there are a few different formulation of CA debonder. And not all melts plastic. It's possible it's the acetone base ones that melts plastic. And of those, it depends on the plastic as well.

Here's a good thread I read for reference: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534870
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:16 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Did you lube the guts of the motor with that lube? It's dry lubricant, so I don't see how it smoked the motor.
Yea, I kind of lubed everything that moved
I hadn't plan to lube everything but that stuff flowed out faster than expected so I just went for it. Thinking, it's a lubricant, what can it hurt.
Shows what I know. It was pretty immediate after that so there's no question that it caused the problem.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:21 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
On another note, I was talking to the guy at our local hobby shop, and he has the Revell Proto heli which, as you know, IS actually the Solo Pro; and he says he gets around 10 minutes of time out of it with the stock lipo. Why does that heli get much better flight time? Is their motor more efficient? I had him order me the Bravo SX motor which will be in next week. Hopefully my flight time will improve.
Hope: Go ask that question the Sol Pro thread.

The Solo Pro is a lighter heli. But I don't recall getting 10mins out of mine.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 01, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Yeah that seemed a bit optimistic to me. Of course he did say that was an estimated time of 10 minutes, not done with a watch. How much lighter is the Solo Pro than the V911? And just why is it lighter? They are basically the same heli.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839