Joined Oct 2011
795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Thank you sir.
A good news for you guys.I just connected the Wltoys company,and they told

me that the v911 BNF version is available.While,I do not know if you all need

it?since If I take 500 BNF v911 from the Wltoys company with a new package,

they will provide me a more lower price.it will cost about 30$(less than 30$) per

unit shipped with the old package.
Aaron qin is offline Find More Posts by Aaron qin
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:08 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
hi guys.new here.i have a question can i use the canopy of solo pro to the v911?because i broke my canopy from a crash.btw this is my first heli and first time pilot.there are no available parts yet for the v911 to the nearest hobby shop only solo pro.thanks
JHEGZ is offline Find More Posts by JHEGZ
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
A good news for you guys.I just connected the Wltoys company,and they told

me that the v911 BNF version is available.While,I do not know if you all need

it?since If I take 500 BNF v911 from the Wltoys company with a new package,

they will provide me a more lower price.it will cost about 30$(less than 30$) per

unit shipped with the old package.
Aaron,
You might need to explain the prices and differences... I'm not sure I'm following you.

If you mean we can get a lower price if they send the BNF in the current box then I think I can speak for most of us here... the cheaper the price the better, whether it is old box, new box or brown paper bag. Lowest price is best option.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Looks like WLToys is already making improvements. Yeah, they are fun little 4-ch helis.
I just received my Red/White V911 today (ordered Jan 9) and it has molded o-rings as well. I would suggest purchasing the Red/White or Blue/White varieties to any potential buyers since they seem to be more recent.

If the canopy now has molded o-rings, then how does that relate to its crash resistance? Can anybody with a Red or Blue one give an opinion.
Jabaski is offline Find More Posts by Jabaski
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHEGZ View Post
hi guys.new here.i have a question can i use the canopy of solo pro to the v911?because i broke my canopy from a crash.btw this is my first heli and first time pilot.there are no available parts yet for the v911 to the nearest hobby shop only solo pro.thanks
Yes, the v911 is a direct fit onto the Solo Pro and the Solo Pro's canopy is a direct fit on the v911. The Solo Pro canopy is designed for lightness. So it's flimsy feeling compared with the v911.

My Red/White one has an older RX board than what people have been getting (rev 02). So red does not necessary mean a newer version than the black.

It also did not come with o-rings. But the body stays on very tight so there is no need for them.

The body did appear to have molded in o-rings. But the black replacement canopy I had order also has those same molded parts.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 31, 2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Jan 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derehu1234 View Post
my v911 is in the status of "originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece." Anyone else experienced this? 5 days already and hasn't changed
Don't worry. Depending on where you live, Over here in the USA there was a seven day lag between when my package was shipped from HK and when US Customs finally got their fingers on it. It took another week for customs to get tired of it and ship it on to my place.

Unlike others have said, my USPS tracking info was straightforward after making landfall in the states. It was the time it was stuck in HK that it went haywire and broke contact for a week.
Jabaski is offline Find More Posts by Jabaski
Old Jan 31, 2012, 09:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
Aaron,
You might need to explain the prices and differences... I'm not sure I'm following you.

If you mean we can get a lower price if they send the BNF in the current box then I think I can speak for most of us here... the cheaper the price the better, whether it is old box, new box or brown paper bag. Lowest price is best option.
definitely cheaper the better, but also keep in mind to package it securely enough to avord any shipping damage.
derehu1234 is offline Find More Posts by derehu1234
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
15 dollars from Harbor Freight:

Just have to permanently mount everything except for the heli-holder which will remain removeable for obvious reasons. Obviously some foam packing is in order. Hope you like.
Nice work on the hard case! I might need to go to harbor freight tomorrow (love that place).

I was flying outside on Sunday and "parked" my 911 in about 12" of water! Totally submerged for 5 seconds, I dove my arm in, grabbed it fast and the light was still blinking. I yanked the battery out fast and ran inside.

I took everything apart on the shaft berings out etc. Dried it for 5 hours, rebuilt it, and it flies just like it came out of the box!! This thing is a flying tank!
atkin is offline Find More Posts by atkin
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:10 PM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkin View Post
Nice work on the hard case! I might need to go to harbor freight tomorrow (love that place).

I was flying outside on Sunday and "parked" my 911 in about 12" of water! Totally submerged for 5 seconds, I dove my arm in, grabbed it fast and the light was still blinking. I yanked the battery out fast and ran inside.

I took everything apart on the shaft berings out etc. Dried it for 5 hours, rebuilt it, and it flies just like it came out of the box!! This thing is a flying tank!
Thanks, I updated the post with foam added. Glad you were able to save her. I rarely go out back where my lake is for fear of the same thing happening. If you go to HF, they have a coupon for a digital scale for 9 bucks as well.
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:14 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Looks like dealsshow is down too..
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:18 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Yes, the v911 is a direct fit onto the Solo Pro and the Solo Pro's canopy is a direct fit on the v911. The Solo Pro canopy is designed for lightness. So it's flimsy feeling compared with the v911
thanks
JHEGZ is offline Find More Posts by JHEGZ
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:25 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Well it's great to see that both WL Toys and Banggood are listening to their customers and offering a BNF version of the V911 as well as looking into possible upgrades for it. I think the price from Banggood for the BNF version should be no more than $25 shipped if they really want to move product. If they do, I may order one for myself, probably with the white and red canopy as I already have the black one.

Also, I would still like for WL Toys to offer a 160mah 25C lipo for the V911 and a more powerful and consistent motor, and of course a better swashplate that doesn't separate. Those changes would make a big difference!
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Last edited by hope12839; Jan 31, 2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:33 PM
Joined Jan 2012
29 Posts
@aaron
can u please check my order #50114, its been 3 days now and i cant see any tracking number on my mail since i choose expedited shipping so i can receive earlier..im pretty excited..thanks
guys im waiting also for my xtreme fittings,flybar and swasplate for my trex100x,i wonder if they can fit also on v911?
jly26 is offline Find More Posts by jly26
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined Jan 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron qin View Post
the v911 BNF version is available.
Count me in for 1. I'd pay $30 for it too, I don't need/want another transceiver.
drbenjamin is offline Find More Posts by drbenjamin
Old Jan 31, 2012, 11:08 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
What tx would bind, you would have to have either the original WL or a solopro one?
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc