HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Dec 2010
217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
GettingLucky, what kind of flight times are you getting with the SoloPro Motor?
More than enough...
gettinglucky is offline Find More Posts by gettinglucky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinglucky View Post
More than enough...
Yea, I saw that post but not sure how that equates to real world flight times... is that 8 min, 10 min, 12 minutes of actual flight times?
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Pulled the motor out to try lubricating it, but left it wired up. Spun it up free, half throttle got the familiar snatching, so motor must be the cause, but also, as it was spinning I pushed the shaft up with the blade of a screwdriver, and the snatching disappeared.
Anyone else getting this snatching, check the shaft.
That's a nice description, "snatching". I got that snatching. I dismissed it as a bad motor. Since I didn't like my Xieda 9958, with a toilet bowl effect, I took the motor out of my Xieda and put it in my V911. I've been flying ever since, more than 48 hours now.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:51 PM
Confused old phart
United States, TN, Savannah
Joined Jun 2011
30 Posts
I have bound my v911 to my CT6B transmitter and have it setup pretty good. Now if I can just learn how to setup expo on the tail I'll have it made.

I have had an order placed with Hobbyking for almost a year waiting for one of those FS-TH9X transmitters but I'm beginning to think they'll never get any in stock.

Robert
Ruptured_Duck is offline Find More Posts by Ruptured_Duck
Old Jan 28, 2012, 06:57 PM
Joined Jan 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruptured_Duck View Post
I have bound my v911 to my CT6B transmitter and have it setup pretty good. Now if I can just learn how to setup expo on the tail I'll have it made.

I have had an order placed with Hobbyking for almost a year waiting for one of those FS-TH9X transmitters but I'm beginning to think they'll never get any in stock.

Robert
They must have lost your order... they are shipping every month.
Thx1326 is offline Find More Posts by Thx1326
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:01 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Quote:

Robert
Did you say for almost a year? That couldn't be right. You should re-order it.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:06 PM
Confused old phart
Joined Jun 2011
30 Posts
Yep amost a year. I placed an order last march for one. I think I'll contact them.

Robert
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:18 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Replacement Stock V911 Head, fixes shudder problem

Heli Pad,

It is confirmed that my original V911 head was the source of my Shudder problem. While 2 other heads (metal head and Derlin) had no shudder problem, it was not confirmed until now that a stock V911 head would also fly without the shudder problem... and the new head shows no shudder problem.

V911_with new V911 Head & Solo Pro Swash (0 min 41 sec)
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Ruptured_Duck, have you done any more flights with that Hobbyzone Champ motor in your V911? Are you still getting 8 minute flights? If so, that is awesome.

I went on several sites including Hobbyzone, and they all sell the motor with the gearbox(unneeded) for around $15

How did you attach the wires? Did you solder them to the receiver board? I suck at soldering; will have to ask the guy at the local hobby shop to do it for me.

Pictures would be a big help.
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
FPV Pilot
Germany, NRW, K
Joined Jun 2010
273 Posts
@Daryoon: I followed your battery tray modifications. Quite cool, now I can use the same batteries that I use for the 9958. I filed down the bottom of the original tray a bit so that all batteries slide in smoothly.

fortunately i packed 2 sets of 5 of those mini extension leads together with the battery I ordered 2 weeks ago and it all arrived today I removed all the original connectors and refitted all batteries with the new connectors.

The batteries that arrived today were 2x 160mAh Nano-Tech and 2x 160mAh Nano-Tech for solo pro. I had another log-view session and the nano-techs from HK turn out slightly better than the ones I bought previously from ebay, but not really good at all. The NanoTech SP version turns out pretty good though.What is really strange is that HK is selling these two batteries with identical name, brand and specs but the SP version is way longer and keeps up the promised 160mAh. they get me 7mins flight (well, it was 6:55 when the heli wouldn't climb up anymore).
Mulder_ is offline Find More Posts by Mulder_
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Ken, that's good to know. At least other users won't think that going metal is the only way around it.

Now, if it is not too much to ask, would it be possible if you put back the original head, the one that you think was giving you the shudder, and see if you could re-introduce the problem? I'm most interested in that experiment, because then and only then could we blame that head piece and could say that you have found and fix the problem. Otherwise, the problem could be elsewhere and might be hiding and could come back any day. What do you think?
Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:59 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
United States, IL, Rockford
Joined Jan 2012
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Pulled the motor out to try lubricating it, but left it wired up. Spun it up free, half throttle got the familiar snatching, so motor must be the cause, but also, as it was spinning I pushed the shaft up with the blade of a screwdriver, and the snatching disappeared.
Anyone else getting this snatching, check the shaft.
An update on my snatching problem: There are 6 holes in the motor, 2 at the top and 4 at the bottom. I sprayed WD-40 on all openings. It fixed the snatching. Now, my V911 motor is in my Xieda 9958 and versa vice.
Proud Infidel is offline Find More Posts by Proud Infidel
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:06 PM
Joined Nov 2011
50 Posts
Ken, cool hack with those proto blades, that's dedication right there. I'm wondering if you can do me a favor and measure the distance between the balls on those blades, outside to outside with them assembled. I'm getting the beginnings of what I think is an idea over here.

As far as that shudder is concerned, I too am curious about your original head. I have two stock heads and both of them have a slight and almost invisible bend in them and my heli shudders with both.
ArcFault is offline Find More Posts by ArcFault
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:07 PM
Confused old phart
Joined Jun 2011
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Ruptured_Duck, have you done any more flights with that Hobbyzone Champ motor in your V911? Are you still getting 8 minute flights? If so, that is awesome.

I went on several sites including Hobbyzone, and they all sell the motor with the gearbox(unneeded) for around $15

How did you attach the wires? Did you solder them to the receiver board? I suck at soldering; will have to ask the guy at the local hobby shop to do it for me.

Pictures would be a big help.
I got the motor from a trashed champ. A friend bought it and tried to fly it with no sim time and me telling him not to.

LOL well it went straight up about a hundred feet then came straight down .. CRASH!! no more champ lol it was toast.

What I did was seeing as it was a new motor I broke it in using a cup of water and let it run in the water for about 10 min hooked to a AAA battery then dried it out.

And yes I soldered the motor wires to the circuit board and if I can do it you can. I'm disabled with nerve dammage and I shake so bad I could thread a sewing machine and it running

So don't be afraid of soldering. Get you a pair of helping hands and everything will be Ok.

EDIT: I almost forgot I have flown the v911 with the champ motor at least ten times now and it has leveled off to around 7 min 15 seconds.

Robert
Last edited by Ruptured_Duck; Jan 28, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Quote:
What I did was seeing as it was a new motor I broke it in using a cup of water and let it run in the water for about 10 min hooked to a AAA battery then dried it out.

And yes I soldered the motor wires to the circuit board and if I can do it you can. I'm disabled with nerve damage and I shake so bad I could thread a sewing machine and it running

Robert
Robert, you're an inspiration to me, too. What is the reason for breaking in a new motor by running it in the water? Please enlighten me.