HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:42 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post

Sorry..i wanted it to work but right now im not happy at all...if i can resolve things with banggod ill re-open or start anotherone ..but untill then im done with it.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:46 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
i had plans to do a custom/hybrid quad build as well so that may be what happens next for me..I really liked the V911...i studied and did alot of research before pulling the trigger on one...Reviews/videos/threads and even researched what i could do to it on a greater level.

maybe down the road ill get over my first experiance and try again.

Will still definately visit here and keep up to date and try to help where i can..but the build is terminated for now.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:49 AM
Poland, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Gmina Gniezno
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Everyone who received one with a scratched tx and canopy should all get refunds...One customer reported he got 100 credits for towards his next purchase as compensation....Thats alittle over $1.00 off his next purchase...Last i checked a new (not scratched up) TX was $17.00 and a new canopy was $2.00.

I dont mind it coming with a sticker at all even though i would remove it...But its too easy to remove and not scratch the tx.
Banggood will offer only 100 points, that means a little discount for next shopping there You must make order for 50$ or above to get about 1$ discount.

Who gonna buy anything from them, after experiencing things like this? I was polite and them aren't responding even at chat I've been trying about 20-25 times to get response from chat. That was weird, that I was getting connected to "Oliver" only. Before that incident I was talking with 2 or 3 other persons.
Paypal won't refund, because I've received the package.
patrick1989 is offline Find More Posts by patrick1989
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:50 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
deleted
Last edited by 6sharky9; Mar 05, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 06:55 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Secrets out

deleted
Last edited by 6sharky9; Mar 05, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:15 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
deleted
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:23 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
deleted
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:30 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,691 Posts
@6sharky9

I am gonna jump in here and see if I can help. Bear with me and make sure you comprehend what I write and forgive me if I don't make sense of have grammatical issues. It's 3AM here.

First off, sorry for the bad first experience with your order overseas. I can certainly understand what a buzz kill it would be to finally get the heli in from overseas after the long wait and not have it working.

However, I'll encourage you to hang in there. I already know you have the necessary skill and mindset and ability to "make lemonade out of lemons," gathering from or PMs and your intention of modding the heck out of this heli.

It's easy to write off cheap, chinese goods as crap and not worth the time when it's dead on arrival. Easy mentality to have given our natural reaction to associate quality with price. However, I assure you...owning enough Blade helis and paying 4x the price for the privileged, it happens even to the top tier brands. In fact, it can be a common occurrence if my experience or reading people's experience on the forums is any indication.

Given the length of this thread and the enjoyment many v911 owners get our of their heli, it would be a shame you lose out on at least trying a working v911 before calling it quits. I don't know if you can find a more fun flying 4ch FP in this price range. Especially one that can be bound to a hobby grade programmable remote as your skill grows.

So...onto troubleshooting...

You seem to be describing tail wagging and sometimes lost of tail while in flight because your heli spins out of control.

From my experience, it suggest a tail problem.

You've mentioned replacing the tail rotor. This removes three potential suspect.
  1. hairline crack, almost invisible to the untrained eye in the center hub portion of the tail rotor.
  2. foreign debris such as animal or human hair wrapped around the shaft of the tail motor
  3. tail rotor pushed on too far, potentially rubbing on the can of the tail motor.

Please check to verify that point number 3 is taken cared of. In that, there is a slight gap so the rotor does not rub. The shaft can move in and out slightly so take note of that.

How I'd approach the situation.
Long way first...

1. Quickly test to ensure gyro is working by:
Quote:
Turning on and ensure heli is still while it's gyro is initialized.
Hold heli securely, and safely in hand while throtling up to 1/3 speed.
  • Give full left rudder. Tail motor should stop completely.
  • Give full right rudder. Tail motor should speed up to max speed.
The two points above confirms whether the FETs are working properly and that the motor is receiving the signal properly to speed up and stop the motor on the proper rudder input. It also checks if the tail motor is working ok at this point.
For gyro checking...
  • With the heli horizontal in your hand, twist so the heli's head rotate to the right and the gyro will see that the head is turning right and tell the tail motor to speed up to help compensate and get the head to hold still.
  • The opposite is true if you twist/rotate the heli to the left. The tail motor will slow down or stop if you rotate the head enough.
  • You can do the two test above in quicker motion to see how quickly the gyro reacts.
If the tail motor speeds up or slow down as expected. Then the gyro seems to be working.
2. Quickly test to ensure motor is not failing:
Quote:
Hold the heli or tape it down on a solid surface.

Give it full some throttle like before and hold full right rudder. We'll try to stress the tail motor out for a few minutes. Then touch the tail motor. If it gets unbearably hot, then we should do one of two things.
  1. Take a toothpick and transfer a light oil onto toe base of the motor shaft. Where it enters the motor can. Then by hand, rotate the tail rotor and slightly push and pull on the shaft to work the oil into the bushing. Soak up any excess oil and then test fly to see if this fixes the problem.
  2. Replace the 6x14mm tail motor. Can be easier said than done if your v911 still have the tail boom glued on. If so, easiest way is to splice in a new tail motor at the rear. Like how Blade like to do on their heli. If you live in the States, PM me. I'll make a new tail boom assembly out of a helios tail motor (only spare tail motor I have and should work perfectly) and get it out to you. But if we get to this stage, check to ensure you can remove the tail boom first and are comfortable with soldering back on the two tail motor wires.
Short way follows...
Oil motor shaft. If doesn't fix...
Replace the tail motor and see if that solves the problem or not.

Anyways, short of being able to hand the heli to me to give it a once over, I hope the above gives you some places to hammer out. Definitely shoot BangGood's customer service an email while you work out the problem on your end. Yes, I too cringe when I say "BangGood customer service", but to their credit they have came through with little effort for me in the past. You can also try Aaron on the forum or in the Banggood thread. He usually response whenever he gets back on here.

Good luck and hope your find a fix. However, once you do...coming from a Scout, you'll have to work on your flying skills next. The v911 is very quick and agile. Give it some room to get acclimated to flying it. Sending positive thoughts your way.

@Everyone else
To ensure your order does not have a BangGood sticker on it. Simply click on the "Drop Shipping" box when placing your order. BangGood will ship your product without any of their logo/label on it.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Mar 03, 2013 at 07:45 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:37 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
deleted
Last edited by 6sharky9; Mar 05, 2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 07:49 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Daryoon...Everything is working as suggested...Ive exhausted every step to check for proper operation and nothing "seems" out of the ordinary...My only guess is a bad board or TX or something...Ive already oiled everything on the heli...My tail motor has what looks like a stopper or a sleve over the motor shaft so it cant be pushed on all the way and touch the can...Thankyou for helping though..ill talk to banggood and see what can be done to resolve the problem..I would accept a BNF as a replacement but not at my $ expense for having to ship the old one back and wait 30 days for them to get it before they ship mine to me and waiting another 30 days to recieve it.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:24 AM
Flying mostly pop-wings now.
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Dec 2011
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Daryoon...Everything is working as suggested...Ive exhausted every step to check for proper operation and nothing "seems" out of the ordinary...My only guess is a bad board or TX or something...Ive already oiled everything on the heli...My tail motor has what looks like a stopper or a sleve over the motor shaft so it cant be pushed on all the way and touch the can...Thankyou for helping though..ill talk to banggood and see what can be done to resolve the problem..I would accept a BNF as a replacement but not at my $ expense for having to ship the old one back and wait 30 days for them to get it before they ship mine to me and waiting another 30 days to recieve it.
Where are you located should be someone close by to help you out.
ashtodust2000 is offline Find More Posts by ashtodust2000
Old Mar 03, 2013, 10:34 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Im in south alabama...I have friend who works at a local hobbytown in my area ...maybe he can look at it but i think its just a bad apple of the bunch..I might try a BNF and see what happens..Use the one i have now for parts or whatever...Sortof let out the secrets to my build so not sure if a blog will happen now.
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:17 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
I got my best results outside when it was dead calm.
My heli is now quite the flier.
I can't believe how self righting she is. I had her up about 20 ft. holding full forward stick and then went full left rudder. She just wnet into a crazy spin then as she got down about O 8 ft or so I neutralized the rudder and elevtor and she stablized. It took a bit but I was suprized.
I'm going to fly her some before I do any mods.
It would be nice to have a mod page showing all the mods out there.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Mar 03, 2013, 11:47 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
ok guys..I guess ill order a BNF which i was going to order anyway as a spare and take my chances one more time..Ill have one parts heli and hopefully the BNF doesnt have the same problem out of the box..getting more spare parts and upgrade parts as well and will continue my quest...I like the heli too much to give up on owning one...So ill stop my rant and just move on...May order the stuff tonight
Old Mar 03, 2013, 01:23 PM
Poland, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Gmina Gniezno
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
Can you take a video describing your problem?
patrick1989 is offline Find More Posts by patrick1989