HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2013, 09:51 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Might have my h911 with many extras for sale soon since ill need the spare $ to buy a micro blade heli.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:25 PM
Joined Feb 2013
6 Posts
thanks for the help with the ebay heli. ben ma l00 looks simular but has paddles. too bad they don't list the landing gear so I can fix mine. problably going to just switch to v911 landing gear and batteries, charger.
that ben ma looks very intersting as well.
xrfred333 is offline Find More Posts by xrfred333
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:33 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
I could be wrong but the Helios 100 looks like it uses the same battery...so the skid might work on it...Remember there may be a different plug especially if you switch battery types....As far as the Helios having a paddle flybar it shouldnt take from other parts like the skid from working on yours. If in fact its the same battery/plug used on yours and the helios 100.

Where did the skid break at...Crazy glue or epoxy works really good putting them back together till you can get another part to fix it right...Can still fly while you wait.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Last edited by 6sharky9; Feb 26, 2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 11:57 PM
Joined Jan 2013
133 Posts
Diagnosis please.

Symptoms:

Usually starts up fine, but soon:
After 30 seconds to a minute gets more sluggish, looses altitude.
If I land and take off again 5-10 seconds later, seems to regain power but after a few more seconds gets sluggish and looses power/altitude again. Can repeat cycle several times.

I think it's probably the batteries are worn out, just want to make sure these are not symptoms of motor or other problems before I order parts.

Thanks
Heloo is offline Find More Posts by Heloo
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:01 AM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heloo View Post
Symptoms:

Usually starts up fine, but soon:
After 30 seconds to a minute gets more sluggish, looses altitude.
If I land and take off again 5-10 seconds later, seems to regain power but after a few more seconds gets sluggish and looses power/altitude again. Can repeat cycle several times.

I think it's probably the batteries are worn out, just want to make sure these are not symptoms of motor or other problems before I order parts.

Thanks
Either battery is done for or motor is gone.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:08 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
if your thinking the batteries are bad which they could be; i would just order batteries and a motor...if none of that solves it it may be the bearings in the swash going bad or something going on with the PC board...But try this first.

Put a little dab of oil on the swash bearing and on the motor bushing and try it again...you have to keep them oiled for best performance...Just a tiny drop though.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 03:34 PM
United States, PA, East Berlin
Joined Nov 2011
80 Posts
i just bound my flysky th9x to my 911 and WOW! i actually have control over my tail. smooooth turns now are possible. this might be the most important upgrade you can make for these guys. i have had nice futaba and airtronics radios in the past but always for my planes. with most planes a basic controller with some expo and a good controller with lots more adjustment possibilities didn't have much of a noticeable performance gain. i only sport flew and never serious 3d or pattern. on a heli this is the most needed upgrade i have ever seen. i finally have smooth inputs and a lot more finite control for precision flying. i am consistently landing over and over again on the same playing card. i could never gain this much consistent control before. buy a good radio everyone!!!! it can be flown with the stock tx but within 30 seconds of setting trims i will never hold the stocker again.
allisonmo2 is offline Find More Posts by allisonmo2
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:00 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmo2 View Post
i just bound my flysky th9x to my 911 and WOW! i actually have control over my tail. smooooth turns now are possible. this might be the most important upgrade you can make for these guys. i have had nice futaba and airtronics radios in the past but always for my planes. with most planes a basic controller with some expo and a good controller with lots more adjustment possibilities didn't have much of a noticeable performance gain. i only sport flew and never serious 3d or pattern. on a heli this is the most needed upgrade i have ever seen. i finally have smooth inputs and a lot more finite control for precision flying. i am consistently landing over and over again on the same playing card. i could never gain this much consistent control before. buy a good radio everyone!!!! it can be flown with the stock tx but within 30 seconds of setting trims i will never hold the stocker again.
I couldnīt agree more ...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1591898&page=2
post 16,17,18 ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:30 PM
Poland, Greater Poland Voivodeship, Gmina Gniezno
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
Really like you guys :E

Grab it as it's hot

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...619418&page=24
patrick1989 is offline Find More Posts by patrick1989
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:26 PM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisonmo2 View Post
Are you going to put er9x firmware on the TX?
josephdyland is offline Find More Posts by josephdyland
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:32 PM
Joined Feb 2013
110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick1989 View Post
Really like you guys :E

Grab it as it's hot

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...619418&page=24
No TX?
zires is online now Find More Posts by zires
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:33 PM
Joined Feb 2013
110 Posts
Crashed hard today. Replaced a propeller good as new.
zires is online now Find More Posts by zires
Old Feb 28, 2013, 01:07 AM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
replaced the main shaft with the BG carbon shaft and swash plate on 1 of mine that had a lot of shaft play ( up and down )... man flies so much better !
rjs62 is offline Find More Posts by rjs62
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:38 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
I cant wait to change out the aluminum stock main shaft for a carbon shaft....2 benefits from it.

1.) less overall weight of the heli
2.) less rotating mass the motor has to turn making it more efficient.

And the added improved swash plate that comes with the kit is a bonus

its a great upgrade for less than $3.00
Last edited by 6sharky9; Feb 28, 2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 02:39 AM
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs62 View Post
replaced the main shaft with the BG carbon shaft and swash plate on 1 of mine that had a lot of shaft play ( up and down )... man flies so much better !
Mine still has the shaft play up and down honestly I think it flew better with the CNC swash setup even though it is his heavier.