HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:24 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,348 Posts
Ebay has he parts also, but they are triple Banggood's price. I hope their missing parts is just a Chinese New Year thing.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 15, 2013, 01:37 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,348 Posts
My new BNF came in today. I bought it from Banggood's eBay store. Its a first gen blue and white, with the glued on skids.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:34 AM
KDS450QS(ZYX4),V977,CX-20
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Apr 2012
5,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Still looking for 4ch flying exercises.....
Funnels.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=10759
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=12826
FyreSG is online now Find More Posts by FyreSG
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:35 AM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined May 2012
146 Posts
Orientation exercise: "The forty-fives"

Here is a really good orientation exercise I've been working on. I call it: "The forty-fives"

Place a cardboard box upside down on the floor in the middle of a largish room. This is your spot-landing pad. Imagine 4 lines projecting up from the landing pad at a 45 angle in each of the four cardinal directions; North, West, South and East. The task is to fly up and down each of these upward slanting lines, one at a time, as precisely as you can while holding the yaw fixed in one orientation for all four legs. Once you've completed all four lines with one heli orientation, yaw the heli 90 and fly up and down all four lines again. Repeat for each of the four main heli orientations; tail-in, side in left, node in and side in right. All in all there are 16 "out-and-return" legs.

Once you can do this, move your chair (or standing position) so that you are at a 45 to the landing pad and start all over again to get practice with 4 more orientations.

This is not as easy as it sounds because you must be able to fly (and land) from all directions, all (upright) orientations and all positions. The heli is always changing altitude which exercises your throttle management and gives you a lot of different, (and dynamically changing) viewing angles to test your brain. Your landing skills also get honed.

You'll probably want to break out your 4-channel coax at first - this exercise is really hard to do accurately!

Give it a try!
ridgerunr is offline Find More Posts by ridgerunr
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:32 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgerunr View Post
Here is a really good orientation exercise I've been working on. I call it: "The forty-fives"

Place a cardboard box upside down on the floor in the middle of a largish room. This is your spot-landing pad. Imagine 4 lines projecting up from the landing pad at a 45 angle in each of the four cardinal directions; North, West, South and East. The task is to fly up and down each of these upward slanting lines, one at a time, as precisely as you can while holding the yaw fixed in one orientation for all four legs. Once you've completed all four lines with one heli orientation, yaw the heli 90 and fly up and down all four lines again. Repeat for each of the four main heli orientations; tail-in, side in left, node in and side in right. All in all there are 16 "out-and-return" legs.

Once you can do this, move your chair (or standing position) so that you are at a 45 to the landing pad and start all over again to get practice with 4 more orientations.

This is not as easy as it sounds because you must be able to fly (and land) from all directions, all (upright) orientations and all positions. The heli is always changing altitude which exercises your throttle management and gives you a lot of different, (and dynamically changing) viewing angles to test your brain. Your landing skills also get honed.

You'll probably want to break out your 4-channel coax at first - this exercise is really hard to do accurately!

Give it a try!
Give us a video
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 06:43 AM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
I just ordered the blade 450 3d bnf couldn't pass it up for being $169 shipped brand new since there discontinuing the bnf big step from a v911 to 450 cp.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:32 AM
Flying a Falcon or a RC Heli.
Canada, QC, Rimouski
Joined Jul 2012
704 Posts
My favorite figure is a 180 Deg. rotation from a forward bank circle to a backward bank circle. The main difficulty is to keep all aspect of the flight constant, same altitude, same circle diameter, same trajectory, same speed no stopping...maximum fluidity. It can be executed from right/left circle shifting from inside/outside. Although good loud music doesn't really help, it cover the bee sound of the V911 and enhance the flying experience.
fauconnier is offline Find More Posts by fauconnier
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:34 AM
leonbwr
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
I recently bought the V911 and its the first time in my life I managed to fly a remote control anything. Amazing device.
I have a question; its very sensitive ( in either mode ) when turning the nose ( not strafe) - is there a mod to make it less sensitive?
leonbwr is offline Find More Posts by leonbwr
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:05 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonbwr View Post
I recently bought the V911 and its the first time in my life I managed to fly a remote control anything. Amazing device.
I have a question; its very sensitive ( in either mode ) when turning the nose ( not strafe) - is there a mod to make it less sensitive?
My v911 is twitchy too. I think that is just the way that bird flies. I learned to have a softer touch when using rudder. The more you fly the better you will get, and you will get use to the twitchy feel. It's a fun bird to fly.

Keep em flying....
Kevin_JaxFl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:17 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,572 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_JaxFl View Post
My v911 is twitchy too. I think that is just the way that bird flies. I learned to have a softer touch when using rudder. The more you fly the better you will get, and you will get use to the twitchy feel. It's a fun bird to fly.

Keep em flying....
Ppl have put resistors into the TX to make the rudder stick less touchy. There was plenty of discussion and how to in this thread.

Otherwise, get a programmable radio like the TH9x and you have even better control over your Heli. Number one upgrade for the v911 is a better transmitter.
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 15, 2013, 09:38 AM
Micro Menace
Joined Aug 2012
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonbwr View Post
Search "resistor mod". I installed a switch for mine as well to toggle it on and off. Cost me $2 or $3 and 30 minutes. Well worth the time. It allows for much more precise flying without spending big bucks on a new tx. ( although I recently scored a TH9X with module and receiver for $60 shipped off Ebay.)
Budasac is online now Find More Posts by Budasac
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Would the turnigy or frysky in a 4ch or even 6ch radio give the same benefits as far as
better control/adjustments?..I would only use the remote to fly 4 channel FP helis
and maybe a WL V929 or similar quad.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:40 AM
Row 0, Seat A
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Would the turnigy or frysky in a 4channel radio give the same benefits as far as
better control/adjustments?..I would only use the remote to fly 4 channel FP helis
and maybe a WL V929 or similar quad.
The Hobby King V2 or FlySky (not FrSky) will work fine. For a FlySky radio make sure it is the type where the associated receiver has that red shrink wrap on the end of the antenna. I believe the model numbers are FS-CT4C for the 4 ch and CT-6B for the 6 ch. Honestly, for about $25 more the Turnigy 9x is head and shoulders above what you are considering and will be all the radio you should ever need in the future not to mention the superior programming flexibility.

HTH,

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:54 AM
United States, VA, Clarksville
Joined Dec 2012
162 Posts
This one????

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Fl...r-p-47904.html
dizzyjw is offline Find More Posts by dizzyjw
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:02 AM
United States, MA, Plymouth