HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
My h911 with the solo pro tail and blades,canopy,CNC swash and guide and 200mah batteries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itgObYtMP-M
How does she fly outdoors? When I had the same head and blade setup on one of mine, it flew great indoors but would fly all over the place out doors. Mine actually went over my two story four-plex , and landed in a bush 100 or so yards away. I am surprised I found her.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:17 AM
Joined Feb 2013
110 Posts
Thanks!
zires is offline Find More Posts by zires
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:59 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Any one have the diameter of the stock motor shaft by any chance? (where the pinion slides onto)
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:03 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,009 Posts
Quote:
I'm on the edge of getting the super cp with devo 10.
I did actually buy of few of the Super CP's . Looking at the way the manufacturers are moving forward and provide " incentives" it makes sense to just follow their direction where ever it makes sense. In this case. Construction of the Super CP is better than the Genius ( weak frame / battery compartments etc), separate landing gear that you WILL replace many times. Much more flight time with same battery compared with the MiniCP. So it is the logical progression for the hobbyist that wants to stay with Walkera, use the same TX , spares, commonality of spares etc. So it is the way to approach this in a budget conscience way. At 118 dollars , free shipping . These Super CP's are very affordable I think, and they are going to be supported for 2-3 years .
HPCR is offline Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:58 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
^ x2 can't go wrong.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:16 PM
San Mateo, CA
United States, CA, Foster City
Joined Dec 2012
1,009 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
Is there a thread on one of these forums that talks about excercises for flying skills? Similar to my other (lifelong) passion for playing rock and roll, seems we like to talk about gear much more than about developing skills...lol.
Hey Another rocker !!
HPCR is offline Find More Posts by HPCR
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:24 PM
What is a controlled landing?
United States, WI, Sun Prairie
Joined Feb 2013
710 Posts
Greetings All! I am new to the forums and fairly new to single blade Heli's. I have owned coaxials before and last week I bought my first 911. Love it! I have been reading through the forums and I am having the TBE. I have removed the flash from the flybar and made sure it moves freely without binding at all. After I noticed it (TBE) was still there I swapped out the flybar with the other that came with my 911 and it still does it.
Upon further looking I noticed 2 things:
1. It seems it may be binding slightly where the linkage slides over the connector near the blades. The flybar moves very smoothly until I attach the linkage. It's not the ball, but the other part. It's where you have to rotate the linkage to get it fit on. (Sorry I am not completely familiar with the terminology yet).
2. If I look at the heli from the rear I can see the 2 white connectors that are attached to the servos on the control board. Are the both supposed to be at 90 degree angles? The one on the left is rotated down a few degrees. I can post a couple pics tonight if that will help. I am considering doing massive's paddle mod to the flybar but I want to make sure I am going in the right direction. I get an occasional vibration from it too when trying to hover.
Is it ok to lube the linkage and pivot points? I am going to take it apart tonight and make sure I don't have some flash causing the restriction. But if it is OK to lube it what should I use? Graphite? I read someplace to use a #2 pencil.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
bebeep89 is online now Find More Posts by bebeep89
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:37 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeep89 View Post
Greetings All! I am new to the forums and fairly new to single blade Heli's. I have owned coaxials before and last week I bought my first 911. Love it! I have been reading through the forums and I am having the TBE. I have removed the flash from the flybar and made sure it moves freely without binding at all. After I noticed it (TBE) was still there I swapped out the flybar with the other that came with my 911 and it still does it.
1. It seems it may be binding slightly where the linkage slides over the connector near the blades. The flybar moves very smoothly until I attach the linkage. It's not the ball, but the other part. It's where you have to rotate the linkage to get it fit on. (Sorry I am not completely familiar with the terminology yet).
2. If I look at the heli from the rear I can see the 2 white connectors that are attached to the servos on the control board. Are the both supposed to be at 90 degree angles? The one on the left is rotated down a few degrees. I can post a couple pics tonight if that will help. I am considering doing massive's paddle mod to the flybar but I want to make sure I am going in the right direction. I get an occasional vibration from it too when trying to hover.
Is it ok to lube the linkage and pivot points? I am going to take it apart tonight and make sure I don't have some flash causing the restriction. But if it is OK to lube it what should I use? Graphite? I read someplace to use a #2 pencil.
Hi,

For TBE even if the bar is moving freely, still unscrew it an extra half turn. I find a small squirt of silicone lubricant (tri flow, that sort of thing) where the linkages hinge on both sides of the blades will help a lot too. A drop of light machine oil delivered via the shafts of the motors won't hurt, and either silicone spray or pencil for everything else.

I think the only really necessary thing to do is mechanical trim, which will sometimes help with wobbling too. As long as it hovers fairly well hands off, without TX trim, I don't worry about servo arm positions.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:48 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebeep89 View Post
Make sure your mixer arms are installed properly, it's the circled part in the photo attached, the longer arm connects to the flybar. Regarding the servo arms, they don't have to be at precisely 90 degrees; what you want to do is mechanically trim the heli by adjusting the length of the connector rods that attaches the servo arms to the swashplate.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:39 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
parts

Quote:
My h911 with the solo pro tail and blades,canopy,CNC swash and guide and 200mah batteries.
about to order some replacement parts from HK, which solo pro do I need to be looking for? I am not familiar with that line so not sure which version I need. I am looking for rotor blades, a canopy, and linkages.
hogan is online now Find More Posts by hogan
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:47 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
I used the 260 blades but they won't fit the v911 stock head I had to drill the hole in the blades a little bitter because the diameter of the stock v911/h911 blade holder are bigger so the 260a blades didn't fit oy took a few seconds some you can even sand down the v911/h911 blade head to fit the blades either way it's upto you.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:53 PM
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
hmm, thats what I thought, HK doesnt carry 260's dern it. sigh, overseas buying here I come, maybe will get them before summer!
I have the cnc kit from ebay, just for shits and giggles, not sure I want to keep it on or not but 10.00, not much.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:57 PM
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
I bought the CNC kit on eBay also used only the swash and metal guide because at the time I didn't have the solo blades yet then decided just to leave the stock plastic head on the CNC swash also it's lighter this way I used the solo main shaft though. I ordered the tail rotor and blades from banggood.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:01 PM
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
Yep, doing the same thing. after 1 month, I finally broke a rotor blade and having to fly easy till my banggood package gets here.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:06 PM
What is a controlled landing?
United States, WI, Sun Prairie
Joined Feb 2013
710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwock View Post
Hi,

For TBE even if the bar is moving freely, still unscrew it an extra half turn. I find a small squirt of silicone lubricant (tri flow, that sort of thing) where the linkages hinge on both sides of the blades will help a lot too. A drop of light machine oil delivered via the shafts of the motors won't hurt, and either silicone spray or pencil for everything else.

I think the only really necessary thing to do is mechanical trim, which will sometimes help with wobbling too. As long as it hovers fairly well hands off, without TX trim, I don't worry about servo arm positions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Make sure your mixer arms are installed properly, it's the circled part in the photo attached, the longer arm connects to the flybar. Regarding the servo arms, they don't have to be at precisely 90 degrees; what you want to do is mechanically trim the heli by adjusting the length of the connector rods that attaches the servo arms to the swashplate.
Thanks Thwock and stonecutter. I will pick up some silicon lube. I double checked the mixer arms and linkage for proper install and they looked good. I used a scalpel and smoothed out the area where there was some flash where the mixer arms attach to the blades. I could feel a ridge that may have been causing some binding.
When I was re-assembling I found the flybar was not balanced. I added a piece of electrical tape about 1/2 the size of my pinky nail to the lighter side of the flybar and trimmed it until it was pretty much balanced. It has taken care of a lot of the TBE. I checked my spare too and it isn't balanced either. I think I will order a couple more flaybars and msr paddle weights and try Massive's mod. For under $10, why not.
Thanks again,
-Beep
bebeep89 is online now Find More Posts by bebeep89