HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
Get the 150mah I heard those are the best out off all the batteries. I have the 130mah and 200mah, the 130 last about :20s longer but don't seem to have the punch or power that the 200mah have but I do notice the extra weight in the 200 that in fff then when I let off it will rock back because of the weight of the batteries.
I've got two of the stock 120mAh and two of the 150mAh. Roughly speaking, I've noticed the 150's allow slightly longer flights, while the 120's give more enjoyable handling.

Because handling is more important to me than an extra 30secs between battery swaps, my next battery purchase will be more 120's.
waldo000000 is offline Find More Posts by waldo000000
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:11 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
If the test is any indication then the 120mah actually produced more average output then even the higher mah batteries did...I would take a better average output anyday over less output but 30 seconds more run time. The E-flights and the hyperion batteries are good batteries though as you can tell from the graph..good output with slightly longer run times but i just prefer the less weight.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:15 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
I found a temp solution for the missing weight on the fly bar .I had a cheapo 2 channel heli that has been in the closet for a couple of yrs .the weights on the donor heli have small screws that hold them on .they may be a bit heavier.
will the shorter bar and hevier weight hurt the helis motor or effect the flight performance?
crtaylor is offline Find More Posts by crtaylor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:19 PM
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
It will just make the heli more difficult to control...It should fly better in the wind outdoors but it makes it less smooth to control in general.

Just look at it as it will be more touchy with control input.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:29 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crtaylor View Post
I found a temp solution for the missing weight on the fly bar .I had a cheapo 2 channel heli that has been in the closet for a couple of yrs .the weights on the donor heli have small screws that hold them on .they may be a bit heavier.
will the shorter bar and hevier weight hurt the helis motor or effect the flight performance?
Shorter bar reduces the stabilizing effect of the flybar.
Heavier weights increase the stabilizing effect of the flybar.
So it depends how much shorter, and how much heavier.
I say give it a try until a stock replacement comes through, it may be fine.
Thwock is offline Find More Posts by Thwock
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:42 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
Thanks ,I have to get busy . I fly at least twice a day if not more. ill post the results.
Im only cuting off the pods that hold the orginal weights
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:26 PM
Joined Dec 2012
19 Posts
One of my birds has a pretty tough time rotating to the right. If I am flying forward fairly fast and try to spin to the right on the TX the bird barely responds.

If I let off of forward flight and try to spin right it does so, but not as fast as my other birds. Is this a tail motor problem?
josephdyland is offline Find More Posts by josephdyland
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:48 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,075 Posts
WLToys V911 review (Solo Pro/Trex 100 clone)

Both my mSR has this issue. But to the left. Not sure if it's normal for the bird.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:25 PM
AMA 685483
Beaver Falls ,Pa
Joined Oct 2006
581 Posts
not pretty but it works . dosent fly as eratic.
sounds like theres more of a load on the motor.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:26 PM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
126 Posts
As promised here are pics of my new arrivals with my v911. Canít leave it out. Have not flown them yet, weather was not cooperating here today...
Kevin_JaxFl is offline Find More Posts by Kevin_JaxFl
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:08 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
I'm on the edge of getting the super cp with devo 10.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:33 PM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I'm on the edge of getting the super cp with devo 10.
Cool. I was thinking of the Skyartech Wasp 100 but need to spend some time with the new H911 first, so maybe 2 weeks or more. Long enough for China to ..."reopen" lol....
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:53 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
My h911 with the solo pro tail and blades,canopy,CNC swash and guide and 200mah batteries.

Hero Rc H911 V911 CNC Metal Swash 200Mah 260a Blades (2 min 42 sec)
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:45 PM
Joined Dec 2012
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I do my best to understand and answer questions appropriately. Forgive me...sometimes I answer from a phone in between other things so my post isn't always clearly written or free of grammatical mistakes.

Let's be clear. I am also talking about the tail motor.

My point is, if you need a tail motor right away, from a USA retailer or Local Hobby Shop...you can simply buy a Blade Tandem helicopter's CCW motor. It is the right size to be used as a tail motor on the v911.

The Blade Tandem motor comes with a pinion already installed on it. It's easy to remove by simply crushing the brass pinion with a pair of pliers. Or, if you have a micro pinion puller, you can use that instead and get a free pinion.

Some sellers are clearing out stock of the Tandem's motor for cheap. But some seem to have raised the price in recent times. Likely because people started buying them for tail motors on their other helis.

Hope that makes sense now.
Thanks
karhar is offline Find More Posts by karhar
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:42 AM
Certifiable
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,207 Posts
Is there a thread on one of these forums that talks about excercises for flying skills? Similar to my other (lifelong) passion for playing rock and roll, seems we like to talk about gear much more than about developing skills...lol.
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor