HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atkin View Post
Someone posted a few pages back that one blade was higher than the other. I have it (both the shudder and one higher blade), and it is very subtle. I usually see it when I punch the collective.

I'm not sure how to fix it even by taking off the main blades, as the holes are pretty committed where those screws would go. If I'm bored, I might try swapping with the extra main blades that came in the box. I've marked the lower blade with a sharpie
One of the first things to do is balance your blades.

I have a few birds here, and most of them didn't have balanced blades straight from the box.

Checking blade balance is the first thing to do before checking anything else.

Use the 2 glasses method or some digiscales.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:58 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Finally made a flight video of the V911. Not a real good video (heli looks tiny), but I had to pull the camera back to get most of the flying area. I'm really having fun with this little 4-ch. Don't even want to fire up the 3-ch helis anymore.

V911 Flight Video 1.wmv (5 min 6 sec)
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Jan 21, 2012, 12:15 AM
Croatia, County of Zagreb, Velika Gorica
Joined Dec 2011
140 Posts
我不知道中国

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalisFlyer View Post
Interestingly enough Taobao also has sellers selling the blue/red canopies and blades seperately. Hopefully after Chinese New Year Banggood or Myrcmart will start carrying these. Link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13346617732 and http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14569348570
我不知道中国
But what can I do if I don't know Chinese or don't have here my Chinese friend
nick007shadow is offline Find More Posts by nick007shadow
Last edited by nick007shadow; Jan 21, 2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 01:33 AM
Indiana
Joined Nov 2004
626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Finally made a flight video of the V911. Not a real good video (heli looks tiny), but I had to pull the camera back to get most of the flying area. I'm really having fun with this little 4-ch. Don't even want to fire up the 3-ch helis anymore.

http://youtu.be/Ifm-Ii15oJw
Nice hand catch.
OnGuard is offline Find More Posts by OnGuard
Old Jan 21, 2012, 05:04 AM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
I ordered mine on the 29/12 iirc, and it arrived 8 or 9 days ago.

I'm in Manchester.

I never bothered checking tracking status via RM, but apparently only RA chinese tracking prefixes will show up. RB prefixes wont.

What is your tracking ref'?
Hi Damo

My tracking number begins RR, so I am still at a loss.
Seems like yours only took about two weeks.
If, as seems likely, mine is still in China, I also have Chinese New Year to cope with.

B****r.

BL

Full ref is: RR849560206CN. Does that help anyone?
Border Lord is offline Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:59 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,365 Posts
The different letter combinations in the beginning do not have an influence on the fact if they show or not ... to my experience. I use the tracking system for the USPS and had (within the last two months) packages starting RA, RB, RC, LN, EE, RM and CP - and they ALL show trackable in the USPS system.

Only that some of them get not updated at every single "control point" they pass, while others do!!

E2
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2007
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
The different letter combinations in the beginning do not have an influence on the fact if they show or not ... to my experience. I use the tracking system for the USPS and had (within the last two months) packages starting RA, RB, RC, LN, EE, RM and CP - and they ALL show trackable in the USPS system.

Only that some of them get not updated at every single "control point" they pass, while others do!!

E2
This isn't the case with Royal mail (UK mainland), unfortunately.

I'm not at all sure about the RR prefixes.

@Borderlord; Try giving Royal mail a call on 08457 740740, or check at your local sorting office.

It's unusual that you're not in receipt of the parcel yet.

In theory, me being much further north of the than you, I should have been the last to get it.
Username> is offline Find More Posts by Username>
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:11 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
hmmm, my delivery seems to have been opened for inspection

The total exports of each sealed packet be opened , Guangzhou International
_sprowt is offline Find More Posts by _sprowt
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:14 AM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
@Border Lord

Full ref is: RR849560206CN. yours seems to have that status too, but since 5th Jan
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:35 AM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jan 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
One of the first things to do is balance your blades.

I have a few birds here, and most of them didn't have balanced blades straight from the box.

Checking blade balance is the first thing to do before checking anything else.

Use the 2 glasses method or some digiscales.
I'll do this. I found a (mostly applicable) help page on how to do it. I don't have a digital scale (YET!)

A bit overkill, but I think there are lots of good ideas here that I can adapt to our tiny V911 heli blades:
http://www.rchelisite.com/rc_helicop..._balancing.php
atkin is offline Find More Posts by atkin
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:39 AM
Joined Jun 2003
1,224 Posts
Hi Sprowt

Thanks for checking that for me. Not sure how you got that screenshot, but you seem to have different information to me.
Last message on mine says 'departure from outward office of exchange' on the 5th. Nothing about being opened.

http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/trace/itemTraceAction.do

Wish someone could explain what all these messages actually mean.

Anyway, seems ours reached Gangzhou, but not sure where it went from there.
Since Gangzhou is in China, I hope it has already left, but if not, we have the Chinese New Year to wait.

Still baffled

BL

BTW, Sprowt, what country are you?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
BTW, Sprowt, what country are you?
uk also

and as for where i got my screenshot, same page as you but Mail Status rather than Message Tracking Query
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:00 AM
Joined Jun 2003
1,224 Posts
Sprowt

No, still can't get that info, but no matter.
Have you tried putting your tracking number under 'item tracking'?

BL
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Feb 2008
125 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theVman View Post
I took a small section of silicon fuel tubing - basically a ring about 2mm wide - and put it on the main shaft above the swashplate. The small inner diameter of the fuel tubing keeps a pretty good grip on the main shaft. Consequently, the ring provided a surprising amount of pressure on the swashplate. Inititially, I had the silicon ring pressed as far down as the swashplate would allow, but then discovered that it caused tension throughout the entire head assembly, and the flybar would not move freely... ...So I pushed up the silicon ring so that it only lightly made contact with the swash plate. The flybar now moves freely, and better yet, the shudder/wobble is no more.
I finally tried this and it actually makes TBE minimized along with quieting the swashplate down for me. Like you, I found an intermediate amount of pressure to be best for minimizing TBE. Thanks for sharing this.
adjangs is offline Find More Posts by adjangs
Old Jan 21, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
I may be the first!!

My original V911, the one where I installed the metal swash on, is my learning/experimenting heli.
I received a Solo Pro swash in the mail yesterday so today I was going to install that. Started taking things apart and ended up breaking off one of the balls off one of the small linkage parts connected to the wing... no problem I have some spares I had also ordered earlier.
Finally got things put back together (not sure anyone else has the problems I do getting those small linkage parts snapped together but it's a real pain for me).
The trimming was way off and something would bind somewhere and it would just take off and crash before I could pull out. Went through this for about 8-10 minutes, crash, crash, crash... On one of the last crashes the battery came out and as of this time, is still missing

So am I the 1st to actually lose a battery during a crash. Hopefully it will turn up sometime soon.

Since there was something binding or something wrong I needed the practice of taking things apart and putting them back together. I took it all apart again, reinstalled the metal swash and reassembled (putting a little WD40 on each ball connection and on swash). This time, it flies better then it ever has.
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken