HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:27 PM
Registered User
Spain, CT, Barcelona
Joined Jan 2013
97 Posts
I bought my bravo sx tail motor from Myrcmart. Good service, fast shipping.... no problems at all.
Note: I don't work on Myrcmart :-)
connerESP is offline Find More Posts by connerESP
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:03 PM
Registered User
ridgerunr's Avatar
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined May 2012
146 Posts
Link to v911 BNF at BangGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by zires View Post
You have a link to the product?
Replacement WLtoys V911 2.4GHz 4CH RC Helicopter BNF New Plug Version
ridgerunr is online now Find More Posts by ridgerunr
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:40 PM
Certifiable
stringrazor's Avatar
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,563 Posts
What's the consensus on spare lipos: are the 200mAh ones worth the extra cost or does their extra weight make cheaper ones more practical?
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:52 PM
Registered User
6sharky9's Avatar
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
In my opinion the stock batteries are actually really good...The 200mah may give 30 seconds or so of more flight time before falling off..The added weight may lower that extra time you would normally get ...I dont know...some like them so i guess its preference.

One site did a discharge test and the stock batteries beat out some of the more expensive higher Mah batteries. Seems
just because a battery has more Mah it doesnt mean its a better battery power wise. The stock batteries did very very well.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Last edited by 6sharky9; Feb 13, 2013 at 02:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:06 PM
Registered User
6sharky9's Avatar
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Attachment 5533887

Click on for larger image

As you can see the test has the stock 120mah batteries create very good power although not lasting as long flight time...I think they are great batteries especially for the cost.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Last edited by 6sharky9; Mar 05, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:54 PM
Eye to the sky!
jason4207's Avatar
United States, NC, Concord
Joined Dec 2012
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejones827 View Post
I didn't have time to go get it. My mailman is lazy and if it doesn't fit in the box he sits there and takes the time to fill out the "your package is at the PO" slip instead of walking his lazy to the front porch.

I feel like Chevy Chase in funny farm
LOL! I remember that movie well. Try rolling a boulder down your driveway next time. That'll stop him!


Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
I wrote my post before coffee. Now that I'm fully awake, I realize that you are correct. The brushes lay against the commutator which spins toward the ends of the "fingers". All things being equal, the motor would probably work just as spinning well in either direction but the impact of a crash while spinning would have greater potential to cause damage to the brushes, like buckling the fingers, if it were spinning the other way.

Have you ever achieved a successful repair? I've tries a couple of times but fabricating those tiny brushes out of what I had lying around has proven extremely difficult. I figure thought, with a few more motors replaced on my 3ch, I'd have at least a couple of good brushes in the broken parts bin.
Commutator! That's the word I was looking for! All I could get out was armature.

No successful repair for me. I've done SMD soldering work, but just couldn't get these little motors to work again. One thing you have to remember is the can orientation is very important. Mark it with a felt pen or something b/c otherwise you'll have to try 1 of the 4 options until you get it right. I couldn't get the brushes straightened out right, so I removed one, and was unable to reinstall it w/o bending it all up again. Then I broke a motor wire fiddling with it. My eyes and hands aren't what they were 10yrs ago, though, so perhaps you will have better luck. I finally gave up and went to my LHS to grab a 1SQ leg+motor assembly for $10 while I waited on my BG order to come in.

That was an X4 motor, though. The rear motor on the V911 is even smaller!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringrazor View Post
What's the consensus on spare lipos: are the 200mAh ones worth the extra cost or does their extra weight make cheaper ones more practical?
I bought the 5-pack of 200mAh batteries from BG. I haven't done any scientific comparisons, though. They are heavier and do shift the CoG further back. My V911 would recoil pretty hard after stopping from FF. I'm waiting on a new Flybar and main gear before I can get back in the air, so in the mean time I have modded the battery holder to accept the batteries in the opposite direction with the end of the battery going into the canopy. The CoG now seems to be very close to the rotor shaft...maybe a little forward. Hopefully, my parts will come in soon, so I can test it out.
jason4207 is offline Find More Posts by jason4207
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:15 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
eBay has the g911 white/ blue bnf and red/white bnf new version for $24.99 free ship from the USA so shipping to us is acouple days so $5 more then banggood but get it alot sooner.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:29 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by karhar View Post
Daryoon,
Thx for the advice.
I am talking about the tail motor, you mentioned crushing the pinion ?

I understand thar the tail motor does get heated up easily. General guideline is to let the bird cools donw after every battery, 2 or 3 batteries ?

Regards
I do my best to understand and answer questions appropriately. Forgive me...sometimes I answer from a phone in between other things so my post isn't always clearly written or free of grammatical mistakes.

Let's be clear. I am also talking about the tail motor.

My point is, if you need a tail motor right away, from a USA retailer or Local Hobby Shop...you can simply buy a Blade Tandem helicopter's CCW motor. It is the right size to be used as a tail motor on the v911.

The Blade Tandem motor comes with a pinion already installed on it. It's easy to remove by simply crushing the brass pinion with a pair of pliers. Or, if you have a micro pinion puller, you can use that instead and get a free pinion.

Some sellers are clearing out stock of the Tandem's motor for cheap. But some seem to have raised the price in recent times. Likely because people started buying them for tail motors on their other helis.

Hope that makes sense now.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:48 PM
Certifiable
stringrazor's Avatar
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Dec 2012
2,563 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207 View Post
Commutator! That's the word I was looking for! All I could get out was armature.
I had to look it up to be sure ...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207 View Post
No successful repair for me. I've done SMD soldering work, but just couldn't get these little motors to work again. One thing you have to remember is the can orientation is very important. Mark it with a felt pen or something b/c otherwise you'll have to try 1 of the 4 options until you get it right. I couldn't get the brushes straightened out right, so I removed one, and was unable to reinstall it w/o bending it all up again. Then I broke a motor wire fiddling with it. My eyes and hands aren't what they were 10yrs ago, though, so perhaps you will have better luck. I finally gave up and went to my LHS to grab a 1SQ leg+motor assembly for $10 while I waited on my BG order to come in.

That was an X4 motor, though. The rear motor on the V911 is even smaller!
10 years ago I wouldn't have needed my wife's cast-off OTC reading glasses either! Wonder what the age demographic is here...youngsters vs. not-so-youngsters? Any possible brush repair would likely not be reliable and the motors are cheap enough so the goal of my repair attempts has been just to see if it was possible. I still think if I could find a similiar metal that was thin enough I might be able to do it. Not sure what you mean by 1 of 4 orientation options. The cap dictates how the brushes are installed, at least for the 107-type motors I've burnt out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4207 View Post
I bought the 5-pack of 200mAh batteries from BG. I haven't done any scientific comparisons, though. They are heavier and do shift the CoG further back. My V911 would recoil pretty hard after stopping from FF. I'm waiting on a new Flybar and main gear before I can get back in the air, so in the mean time I have modded the battery holder to accept the batteries in the opposite direction with the end of the battery going into the canopy. The CoG now seems to be very close to the rotor shaft...maybe a little forward. Hopefully, my parts will come in soon, so I can test it out.

I think I'll go with the cheaper batteries. Probably better for motor life if the flights are ~5min with a cool-down between lipo changes.

Ever see the current 911 battery connectors, both genders, available anywhere? I'd like to mod my 107 clone, which has a very inconvenient connector, as well as the batteries.
stringrazor is online now Find More Posts by stringrazor
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sharky9 View Post
Attachment 5533887

Click on for larger image

As you can see the test has the stock 120mah batteries create very good power although not lasting as long flight time...I think they are great batteries especially for the cost.
so according to that graph, unless u buy Hyperions, u better get the stock 120mah batteries.

I was about to place an order on banggood, for 5 200mah battteries, so i guess i better get the 5 120mah ones
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:19 PM
ITS ME DAVID's Avatar
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
596 Posts
Get the 150mah I heard those are the best out off all the batteries. I have the 130mah and 200mah, the 130 last about :20s longer but don't seem to have the punch or power that the 200mah have but I do notice the extra weight in the 200 that in fff then when I let off it will rock back because of the weight of the batteries.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
Registered User
6sharky9's Avatar
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost View Post
so according to that graph, unless u buy Hyperions, u better get the stock 120mah batteries.

I was about to place an order on banggood, for 5 200mah battteries, so i guess i better get the 5 120mah ones
Havent seen the new 200mah batteries tested yet agaisnt the bunch...The turnigy batteries were going to get a retest but no updates at all on it as of yet.

But either way you look at it the stock 120s are great performers power wise.

My preferance will be the lower weight however of the 120s
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Last edited by 6sharky9; Feb 13, 2013 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:39 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2013
3 Posts
Looks like my tail motor really is going the way of the dodo, having trouble yawing right but it easily does left, that happen with anybody's? And still the problem before where it often won't spin unless I flick the blade a little. No visible hairs, fibers stuck as far as I can see either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITS ME DAVID View Post
I have been using Duracell and have about 30 flights and only down 1 bar from full.
That's good to hear, thanks. Should help that I got rid of that led and speaker too.
3bird is offline Find More Posts by 3bird
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:40 PM
Registered User
6sharky9's Avatar
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Ive started a blog for my build up when my orders arrive."WL V911 Build". Still waiting on the first order to arrive then ill place another one after the 18th sometime; due to the chinese new year being over with. My first order is a RTF with some spare blades and flybars,tail blades and batteries..Second order will be a BNF with some upgrade parts and a few more spares..May be a little while but it will be a project to keep an eye on. The BNF i plan to keep all stock though....Have a few surprises in store.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:42 PM
Registered User
6sharky9's Avatar
Joined Jan 2013
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3bird View Post
Looks like my tail motor really is going the way of the dodo, having trouble yawing right but it easily does left, that happen with anybody's? And still the problem before where it often won't spin unless I flick the blade a little. No visible hairs, fibers stuck as far as I can see either.


That's good to hear, thanks. Should help that I got rid of that led and speaker too.

Look on Tmart...you can buy 3000mah AA rechargeables pretty cheap and a charger..Still way more cost effective than buying expensive batteries every month or so.
6sharky9 is offline Find More Posts by 6sharky9
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Jiuchon 9C002, a Solo Pro clone? SoloProFan Micro Helis 103 Feb 29, 2012 03:24 PM
Discussion Interesting Solo Pro? Clone gordonzo Micro Helis 46 Nov 30, 2011 04:15 AM
Question Which 100 sized heli after Solo Pro? Tuc Micro Helis 16 Jun 13, 2011 02:52 PM
Sold $100 !NEW ARF Storm 250 (Trex Clone) With Align Upgrades, Tons of Extras! $100!! RChelisrule Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 May 31, 2011 01:26 AM